Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:top of his priority list apparently.i suppose its finding a decent keeper within our budget. lenny pidgleys name has been mentioned.

Are we Mansfield in disguise?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

The club is looking for someone called Charlie Duke to have digs. Anyone have any info on him.?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Dazza wrote:The club is looking for someone called Charlie Duke to have digs. Anyone have any info on him.?

Young player. Believe he was playing yesterday against Dartmouth, he was our number 4.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Anyone down there heard any rumours about winger Lindon Meikle coming down to be re-united with Cox? He's just left York by mutual consent which is a bit odd as he has a year to run on his contract so is effectively unemployed. Rumours that he could be heading down there with no fee now payable? He's like a smaller Billy Bodin so i'd say it would be a duff signing for you but in the conference he could make a little bit of an impact against poorer defences. We'll have to wait and see.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

You do have a thing about Bodin, Andy. You surely must have seen worse by now !
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Dazza wrote:You do have a thing about Bodin, Andy. You surely must have seen worse by now !
:lol:

I was simply stating that Meikle is a similar player to Billy with the same output of tricks and flicks and pace which always results in nothing but Lindon is a bit more diminutive a player.

I cannot recall having seen a worse player in his position and at our level within the past 5 years.

Reports are that Meikle may favour a move back to Nottinghamshire but it's not clear whether he has something lined up or not. Cox likes the old Stags boys so you never know. Just get the impression the way it's all happened signifies he has somewhere lined up at a more manageable lower level (no disrespect) , without a fee for the signing club to pay and a pay cut probable. Could be you guys, could not be. Great performance at Grimsby by the way.