Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

One plus point for tomorrow nights game is that we can see how the new stand will look on TV :)

Being exiled I haven't been to any games this season so really looking forward to it.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

For anyone who couldn't make it last night and didn't see the match on TV, this is what the stand looks like now (or at least, yesterday evening).
Attachments
IMAG0149.jpg
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

is it just me, or do those letters look a bit unaligned with each other? I'm sure it'll get fixed...just looks odd right now.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just you mate!
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I like how it looks. I have never sat in that stand but i might do now. Is it just for season ticket holders or can you wonder up there from the family stand entrance? Never really knew the rules tbh!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

stevegull wrote:I like how it looks. I have never sat in that stand but i might do now. Is it just for season ticket holders or can you wonder up there from the family stand entrance? Never really knew the rules tbh!!
You'll be able to go in there on pay on the gate games. Though I know Season Tickets are selling well in there...Think two blocks are virtually sold out and alot scattered in the others..
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

happytorq wrote:is it just me, or do those letters look a bit unaligned with each other? I'm sure it'll get fixed...just looks odd right now.
That's probably my lousy photography skills! Or maybe because the 'Q' section is missing some seats at the bottom?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

happytorq wrote:is it just me, or do those letters look a bit unaligned with each other? I'm sure it'll get fixed...just looks odd right now.
I think I see what you mean, the 'O' needs to be one seat to the right.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i thought the same, figured it was just me. they don't look the same size to me, but i guess we'll see for sure when all the seats are in and it's finished. i'm sure it will look great when completed, and good to see how fast it's all coming together now.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Yellow Tree
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Yellow Tree »

Just popped up to the ground. its really looking good now! i see the goalposts have come down ready for work to start on the new pitch! :scarf: :scarf:
Attachments
photo.JPG
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looking good. I'm guessing there is still the final seats to be put in, next to the Q and U? And along the rest of the top row, too. :)
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

Does anybody know how it will be split. Season ticket holders to pay on the day . Have to say it is looking really good
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't think their is any split between pay on the day and season tickets holders, season ticket holders can buy any seat in the home section that is their seat for the season, and should be marked as such.

Argeed stand is looking good, went up to the ground this moring however was not parked in a position where I could spend much time having a look ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Looking brilliant from the pictures. Good work from the contractors and the club on this project. My guess is that the missing seats NickGull is referring to will not actually be seats, but will be desks for the media to work from. I don't know this, but it's just my assumption.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Just a bit of info that I was made aware of, and thought people might find it interesting...

The problem, as I believe it to be, is that we are NOT ALLOWED to use the new stand, until such time as all renovation work has been completed INTERNALLY as well as EXTERNALLY. Now the external stuff should all be finished, but rumour has it, Westlands School will not have all of their internal work finished on time, thus stopping TUFC from using the stand. I understand Westlands are hoping to get everything sorted within a couple of weeks of the school holidays, which would tie in perfectly with the date of the Stoke game.