Swindon Town v Torquay United - 6/8/13 - Cup

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

HRG wrote: Oooooh. Harsh.
We would have done had we progressed, fully expect them to get Liverpool away. Nothing against them mind.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

anyone know what the attendance was?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Disappointing second half really. We rode our luck. Rice did really well by the sounds of it. The worry for me is that in two games our best player has been our goal keeper. Plenty of success for league 2 sides elsewhere though. Morecambe will give us a better indication of where we are at.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Glostergull wrote:anyone know what the attendance was?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

A bit disappointed that our strikers still couldn't manage a goal, especially when you consider that most lower league sides tonight scored against higher opposition and Swindon aren't a very good side. That is my only complaint, it's no big deal at the moment, i'll take it on the chin and move on to Morecambe hoping for a good result up there. By the sounds of it we played well and Ricey did amazing again which will do him the world of good so there are positives to take away from tonight.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

Anybody know what share of the gate we get ? 40% ? 50 % ?
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Brightboy »

It's good for Rice and indeed the club that he's in the form of his career at the moment, but like brucie said it's a worry that our goalkeeper's having to make all these saves. Long may his form continue however!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes I echo that. It is a fact that plenty of other league 2 sides did well against higher opposition tonight. We certainly didn't look like scoring on saturday.
Swindon arn't the greatest team at the moment and appeared there for the taking at half time. We have rode our luck - Rice has saved a penalty. My lad at the game said that he carried the ball over the goaline during the double save after that (and it was clearly well over the line).
We have had two slices of luck there but still couldn't capitalise - we basically didn't create anything in the second half.
Positives and negatives is probably a reasonable assessment.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

282 Gulls. Benyon went off in a neck brace and it looked very serious. The 10 mins before half time were excellent and we should have taken one of those opportunities. On balance we were just edged out but there's plenty more positives than Saturday, performance wise.
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Brightboy »

Apparently Benyon was getting treated on the pitch for 13 minutes, and a neck brace? Scary stuff.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Nick wrote:282 Gulls. Benyon went off in a neck brace and it looked very serious. The 10 mins before half time were excellent and we should have taken one of those opportunities. On balance we were just edged out but there's plenty more positives than Saturday, performance wise.
Cheers Nick, we should take the positives, write it off as unlucky and move on with confidence to Morecambe. I also hope Benners is alright and wish him a quick recovery.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Over 5,000 at the ground.
Agree with Nick. Glorious opportunities at the end of first half... final ball let us down. Chappel was frustrating as was Ball but all promising. I liked Hawley, some nice turns.
Pearce was lucky not to get a yellow.
Rice made some great saves... including the one that was over the line (Lino was unsighted). We laughed.
Benners connected with the lads knee... not good.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sounded a much better performance than Saturday, which bodes well, Good to hear Alan Knill confirm that Elliot Benyon is up and about in the dressing room, and appears to be ok.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Best news of the night is that benyon is up and about - we are going to need him in the weeks to come.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

good news that Benners is up and about