Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:
One of the main short term challenges is that both were sacked and are not being paid and Club is subject to unfair dismissal claims being supported by LMA Lawyers
Paul Cox was paid up by Mansfield and did not receive his expenses for over 2 months
Would any one on here work for nothing being over 200 miles from wife and daughters
The problem sits with DE and his ego and ridiculous salary he put himself on for 2 years the Club is trading insolvent and is weeks away from its demise
So you are saying that Hargreaves and Hodges weren't put on gardening leave as everyone believes but were actually sacked?

I'm not an acountant but I was under the impression that to be trading insolvently your liabilities needed to exceed your assets, as our assets include the stands at Plainmoor then I don't see how this can be the case. Whether we have the funds available to pay our bills is of course a different matter entirely and may be what you actually mean?
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Stands ?
The Stadium is owned by the council
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:Stands ?
Who do you think paid for the stands then?

I can assure you it wasn't the council.

The council owns the land the buildings are owned by the football club.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Jerry wrote: Who do you think paid for the stands then?

I can assure you it wasn't the council.

The council owns the land the buildings are owned by the football club.
Not only that but there's the value of the lease to consider as well?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

mushroom wrote:Stands ?
This post probably tells a story of someone who is privy to a lot of information but lacks the knowledge to actually interpret it correctly. How anyone could think the council own our buildings is rather astonishing.

I will then pay great heed to the facts mushroom puts in his posts, (people are leaving etc.) but less stock in his interpretation of those facts (why people have left).
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Very interesting. I have a feeling Cox could air some dirty laundry tomorrow. Clearly all was not well behind the scenes for some time before he actually resigned.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

What is unravelling here is unbelievably shocking. We will hear Paul cox's version of events in the morning and I have to say that I will be more willing to believe what he has to say than any of the club's statements. This goes some way to explain the abject performance by the players on Saturday. They must know what is going on and the true reasons for Paul Cox's unexpected resignation. Of the original consortium of 10, we are now down to 5 .......
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

So Paul Cox's wife has said that our version of events is not true. Presumably his statement later today will be interesting, and start another round of 'what the hell is going on?' Dean Edwards has now gone as well, who he was rumoured to have had the fall out with.

Please, please, please can we just win on Tuesday, appoint a new manager and make a fresh start. This is all far too much drama.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Now that Dean has gone, I wonder if the announcement Cox was going to make will be watered down?.....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
username2
New Signing
New Signing

Post by username2 »

Kit_robin wrote: This post probably tells a story of someone who is privy to a lot of information but lacks the knowledge to actually interpret it correctly. How anyone could think the council own our buildings is rather astonishing.

I will then pay great heed to the facts mushroom puts in his posts, (people are leaving etc.) but less stock in his interpretation of those facts (why people have left).
It does seem as if mushroom has a lot of knowledge of Paul Cox and Mansfield, but very little of Torquay. He's not connected to John Radford, perchance, is he?

Or could mushroom be Paul Cox' agent?! :O
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

how long before ramshaw's off as well?
The gulls are going up
username2
New Signing
New Signing

Post by username2 »

mushroom wrote: Would any one on here work for nothing being over 200 miles from wife and daughters

The problem sits with DE and his ego and ridiculous salary he put himself on for 2 years the Club is trading insolvent and is weeks away from its demise
Cox seemed very keen to work 200 miles from his wife and daughters back in June, that's why he agreed to the job in the first place. He was in Torquay for at least a week before his appointment, wasn't he?! Maybe Mrs Cox isn't as keen on him being out of her sight anymore; or maybe its not her he's keen to get back to...

By the way, the club is not "trading insolvent and is weeks away from its demise". You lie! :red:
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Well if the Club does not attract a new buyer by end of October it is finished
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

mushroom wrote:Well if the Club does not attract a new buyer by end of October it is finished
If this really was the case, then I'm sure the board would have accepted the interest from PC wealthy friend.