Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:^^ Ditto ^^

I hope they'll be refunding me £5 when I pick up my tickets seeing as I could just as easily picked them up on the day now anyway.
Bob hope...no hope
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

Southampton Gull wrote:I hope they'll be refunding me £5 when I pick up my tickets seeing as I could just as easily picked them up on the day now anyway.

Same here.
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Well I now have my tickets.

A lady called me from the Club to say that Royal Mail tried to deliver it yesterday but as nobody was home they left a card.
Due to the fact I was in all day working from home with my windows and doors open and a gravel path on my drive that alerts you if a bloody robin walks on it, I was all ready to blame those at Royal Mail. Lady at the club gave me the barcode number which was useless at the local sorting office. I went to the sorting office and gave them my name and address to be told that strictly speaking without the card I had to have them redelivered tomorrow morning to the address on the envelope. I showed them my driving licence and asked them to check if they were there. After a few minutes she picked one out from the pile and asked me to confirm the address. "That's not the one on the envelope". Bugger. "Hang on a minute, is the right name on it?". "Yes" she said, "Is it my postcode?", "Yes" she replied, "Is it postmarked from Torquay?", "Yes" again, "Can I have my tickets to go to Old Trafford tomorrow please?" cue frowning woman, then she says "Just this once, I'll let it go", thank God for common sense.

So, Mark at the club who was the one who took my details, how does "Victor,India,Charlie,Tango,Echo,November, Alpha" come out as Victoria ffs :whip:

Got there in the end, thanks to the ladies who've dealt with my enquiries, most helpful and polite but let's hope the next time we are in this situation we attack it with a gameplan in place.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
beachy
New Signing
New Signing

Post by beachy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Well I now have my tickets.

A lady called me from the Club to say that Royal Mail tried to deliver it yesterday but as nobody was home they left a card.
Due to the fact I was in all day working from home with my windows and doors open and a gravel path on my drive that alerts you if a bloody robin walks on it, I was all ready to blame those at Royal Mail. Lady at the club gave me the barcode number which was useless at the local sorting office. I went to the sorting office and gave them my name and address to be told that strictly speaking without the card I had to have them redelivered tomorrow morning to the address on the envelope. I showed them my driving licence and asked them to check if they were there. After a few minutes she picked one out from the pile and asked me to confirm the address. "That's not the one on the envelope". Bugger. "Hang on a minute, is the right name on it?". "Yes" she said, "Is it my postcode?", "Yes" she replied, "Is it postmarked from Torquay?", "Yes" again, "Can I have my tickets to go to Old Trafford tomorrow please?" cue frowning woman, then she says "Just this once, I'll let it go", thank God for common sense.

So, Mark at the club who was the one who took my details, how does "Victor,India,Charlie,Tango,Echo,November, Alpha" come out as Victoria ffs :whip:

Got there in the end, thanks to the ladies who've dealt with my enquiries, most helpful and polite but let's hope the next time we are in this situation we attack it with a gameplan in place.

:lol: :lol: mine came today with only my house number and postcode correct,well done postie.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

didn't even look at the name/address etc on mine when they arrived. i was so eager to see what tickets i'd been given compared to what i ordered, i never even checked the envelope, but i will when i get home, just for the heck of it !!!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
GreenwichGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by GreenwichGull »

I got home today to find that they'd tried to deliver while I was out, so went to the Post Office only to be told that they wouldn't be available to collect until tomorrow. This is of no use to me whatsoever as I've already booked non-refundable tickets for a specific train first thing tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking that I can take some ID along to the Old Trafford ticket office tomorrow and they'll be able to issue me with duplicates?

Failing that I guess I'll have to buy more on the gate and then badger someone for a refund...
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

That's my understanding mate. Good luck I'm sure you will be fine!
:( Tommy :)
Bradford_Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by Bradford_Gull »

After finally getting through to the club on Wednesday morning, I ordered my tickets and here I am at 6.45pm on Friday evening still waiting! Whats this down to? Poor organisation at the club?? Cock up by the Post Office?? Somethings not right.

I'm the same as you Greenwich - going to have to go over to OT tomorrow and pick a fresh set of tickets up and then give someone grief about why the originals didn't show up.

If the thing about producing ID and getting duplicates is right then we maybe OK but I'm not sure. I've tried ringing the club but .... engaged!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I believe that 4.30pm today was the cut off point for contacting the Club to let them know you hadn't received them. I hope you're lucky enough to get things resolved tomorrow.
Dave

Bradford_Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by Bradford_Gull »

Do we know how many tickets are going to be available tomorrow at OT??
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

60,000 surely :)
Dave

monty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by monty »

all those Manc neutrals queueing at the ground tomorrow will be well pleased with this info! ; )
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Hopefully any 'Manc neutrals' will take the opportunity to take up residence in the Stretford End!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
monty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by monty »

guessing they won't be city fans...