Torquay United v Cheltenham Town - 21/8/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

1/3

[youtube]3n9mRJrYlBA[/youtube]
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

2/3

[youtube]MawyZQzx9Rk[/youtube]
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I watched Lloyd Macklin on his full run that lead to his injury. All heads around me were ball watching by then and faced the other way. I knew something had gone because of his full extended stretch. My initial thought was hamstring/anterior cruciate . When DD was finally allowed on and started working Lloyd's leg, I thought that's the knee out of the equation.

I'm no physio the rapist (physiotherapist) but I do know a hamstring strain on it's own can keep you out for weeks. A partial tear ?

I really do hope DD can fully recover LM to full fitness asp, without setbacks.

The crowd is behind Lloyd now and tonight he was effective. We missed him when he went off injured.
Last edited by Trojan 67 on 22 Aug 2012, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

3/3

[youtube]wT5KW7D3mmo[/youtube]
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 22 Aug 2012, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Trojan 67 wrote:I watched Lloyd Macklin on his full run that lead to his injury. All heads around me were ball watching by then and faced the other way. I knew something had gone because of his full extended stretch. My initial thought was hamstring/anterior cruciate . When DD was finally allowed on and started working Lloyd's leg, I thought that's the knee out of the equation.

I'm no physio the rapist (physiotherapist) but I do know a hamstring stain on it's own can keep you out for weeks. A partial tear ?

I really do hope DD can fully recover LM to full fitness asp, without setbacks.

The crowd is behind Lloyd now and tonight he was effective. We missed him went he went off injured.
Well you've effectively ruined that word for me now!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stevegull wrote:
Well you've effectively ruined that word for me now!
:lol:

Be grateful you're not a mind f*cker called psycho the rapist (psychotherapist)

:O

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

On the radio interview after the game lingy said both the Maklin and Lathrope injuries look bad but would have t wait for scans in the morning
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:1/3
Do you finish the songs in 2/3 and 3/3?

Seriously though, I love the support but you guys really need to learn how to finish a song, maybe even sing it a couple times through. Every single song on that video ended early, it's a bit cringeworthy.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

It does sound like the noise holds a lot better with the bench there, from this video at least. Can anyone tell if it sounds good if youre sitting in the bench?

I may be in there Saturday so I guess Ill find out.

Must say the family stand looks awfully sparse. Maybe a lot more freebies to a lot more schools, or some really food family deals to fill that out a bit needed?
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I sat in the bench last night and have to say that it does help to keep the noise in.The pop did sound much better and it was good that the bench did join in with some chants
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Enjoyed the game last night, hats off to both teams, very entertaining. I felt the injuries really rocked us as Lathrope and Macklin were having good games. Some inside info informs me that Stevens will be ok for Sat unless any reaction from training.
I think Downes is a real plus for us. Iam concerned with Oastler's defending. Howe and Bodin ran their socks off, great attitude from both. Morris went missing in the second half and I think Mans will be dissappointed also.
How come Nathan Craig wasnt on the bench?? I take it he is still injuried.
I think I am happy with the point though, probably would have taken that before the game.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A curious game really. Once Cheltenham scored the writing was on the wall but we hit back and scored two quick one. MAcklin was in and out but thats the first time I have ever seen him show something and a real shame he got injured.
Cheltenham were all over us in the second half and the qualiser was no suprise as really they could have been four or five up by that time. Easton somehow got the ball off he line and and Poke made an absolutely brilliant save amongst other chances.
That said we also missed good chances to kill of the game. The injuries did make the difference. Easton and Morris were poor in midfield and i am suprised that Bodin was moved from the left as he was causing havoc.
Personally I would have left him there and put Jarvis on the right but ultra cautious as usal Ling tried to defend and it didn't work.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:A curious game really. Once Cheltenham scored the writing was on the wall but we hit back and scored two quick one. MAcklin was in and out but thats the first time I have ever seen him show something and a real shame he got injured.
Cheltenham were all over us in the second half and the qualiser was no suprise as really they could have been four or five up by that time. Easton somehow got the ball off he line and and Poke made an absolutely brilliant save amongst other chances.
That said we also missed good chances to kill of the game. The injuries did make the difference. Easton and Morris were poor in midfield and i am suprised that Bodin was moved from the left as he was causing havoc.
Personally I would have left him there and put Jarvis on the right but ultra cautious as usal Ling tried to defend and it didn't work.
:O
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Owe Joe Oastler an apology said on my reply last night that the second was down to Joe, just seen the goals back on SSN, in fact it was Saahs mistake that put Oastler in a horrible position and gave him little chance to make a clearence.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Where to start?

We should have won, make no mistake, if we'd have scored 7 today, it wouldn't have been beyond belief. Bodin should (should, not could) have had a hat trick, one off the line, one hit the post, Macklin missed a great chance, Downer missed a header when it was easier to score, the list is almost endless.

Twas a brilliant game and Cheltenham played their part. McGlashan was his usual self and didn't once beat Nico, Manse was incredible, Downes just keeps getting better, Saahsy his usual self.

Disappointments were Oastler, who was at fault for the Zedders goal (not Saah as previously suggested). Poke, who is suffering a lack of confidence, probably bought about by an equivalent lack of game time. Finally Morris, who was just not reliable. Again.

Two points dropped, despite Chelts being a decent side.

Final word to their supports, who evidently were not told that the game was on, which is presumably why no one turned up.

Matt.
A few things I disagree with here...

1. McGlashan DID get the better of Nicho on more than one occasion. Nicho did alot better than he did in the PO's, but McGlashan was still a big threat. I think Lingy brought Cruise on to help stifle him which worked quite effectively in the second half.

2. Oastler had a solid game. Don't blame him for the goal as he slipped but Saah let it bounce in the first place. Again though, chances are that wouldn't have even bounced at all if Damon had still been on the pitch.

3. Morris I thought did really well in the first half. I guess he is just a scapegoat for abuse from some supporters though.

4. Cheltenham fans, despite low in number, made some good noise.

Overall, very impressed with Downes, Macklin caused problems before his injury and I also thought Lathrope was having a great game. Hopefully they'll be back in a couple of weeks (ideally before the Argyle game).

A well deserved point though - we haven't lost against two sides expected to finish in the top 3, so I'm happy. It's a very tough start; Rochdale will be no different.