Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

austrianandygull wrote:If Poke is out for any length of time it's all over now. Anyone know what happened?
Had a coming together with their player in the build up to their second goal.
Didn't limp off, so possibly a rib injury or something like that. I'll be worried if we have to go with Rice for the rest of the season.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tufcbrett wrote:It is funny how we win a few games and everyone says we will stay up. Then lose a game and everyone says how rubbish we are and were going down..
I think these days it's called Bi-polar Disorder. Highs and lows. Austrian Andy's got it. Quite a few of us have got it. I've had it for a long time. You'll get it sooner or later. Martin Ling's possibly got it. Certainly and obviously, the team if not the squad have got it. :~D :'(

One possible good thing about it is that we might all finish the season on a high...!! :-D Or not.. :(

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Many thanks to Oxford (I hate that team), Plymouth (ditto), Burton (shithole, amateur side masquerading as a League team), AFC Wimbledon and finally to a bunch of players not fit to wear the Torquay shirt. I give up, I would love to see Oxford, Accrington and Plymouth go down with Torquay, but there is only room for one and I expect it will be Dagenham now.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Barnet and Bristol at home

God its going to be close!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:

Raised a smile that post Mick.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Last possibility...If we can go into the last game level with two others....Rovers will prefer a shorter trip and fair size crowd next season !!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Just saw this on twitter:

"@chrislintott
Deeply deeply upset to hear racist chanting on my first visit to Plainmoor in ages. Never ever been ashamed of Torquay until now #tufc"

What the hell's he talking about? Anyone know?
TUST member 203
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Just got back...

I haven't seen much of Torquay under Knill but I frankly failed to see any positives on today's performance.

We ended up playing hoofball and won very little in the air all game. That's why Bradford dominated in the way they did. They're set up to hit Hanson and get Nahki Wells and Izak Reid in close to him to collect knock downs and isolate our full backs. Bradford were set up for that type of game - we weren't. We hoofed the ball aimlessly towards Howe or the corner flag in the vain hope that Benyon might latch onto the ball.

And in that bitterly cold wind the game was screaming out for a team to try and get the ball on the deck and try and move the ball that way. We just weren't composed enough. The players looked nervous to me. No one wanted to be the one to make an error to gift them the game and that meant we just kept giving them the ball back and we were forced to play into their hands with this tactics.

The whistle-happy referee didn't help the flow of the game but realistically he affected both teams with his inept performance in the middle.

From seeing Labadie I can perfectly believe he was the best ball-player on the park today but he never got the chance to influence the game as the ball was constantly slung over his head. Bodin was anonymous and I failed to see what posters on here considered an upturn in form. Hopefully he can improve in the future.

I thought Cruise was fairly impressive. He looks a good player with the ball at his feet and can pick out a good pass. Good decision to bring him into the side ahead of Nico.

Hopefully Knill can turn this around and I will post more of my musings from the game later.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

And I did not hear ANYTHING racist.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

He wasnt the plank complaining about some singing England songs and got laughed at when he reported it? Didn't hear any racist chanting myself in the middle of the Pop so unless it was branded about somewhere else?

As for the game we were dire and its looking bleak. Cant see us beating Gills nor can I see us beating Bristol Rovers who have hit some very good form since Ward took over there. Barnet seem to be picking up some good results recently as well...And Morecambe are very hit and miss at the moment as well. Cant see us getting out of it. Everyone else seems to be picking results up when we lose and see to get them when we win as well.

Aldershot dont play next weekend as Southend are in the JPT Final. So will have two games in hand over us.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I said before the Northampton match if we can get 4 points from our next three games we would be OK. We have got 0 out of 6 and lets be honest, we won't get anything at Gillingham baring a minor miracle.

We couldn't win at home and we rarely win away. If we go down we deserve to go down. 2 wins and a draw from our final 3 games and I think we'll be safe.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

AlexGulls wrote:He wasnt the plank complaining about some singing England songs and got laughed at when he reported it? Didn't hear any racist chanting myself in the middle of the Pop so unless it was branded about somewhere else?
Sounds like that was it. What was being sung?
TUST member 203
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

we won two games and our season appeared to have changed, shots and york have only won one, hardly a season changer, could just be a fluke result, i mean beating a desperately bad argyle side is hardly difficult is it??
we've still got two winnable home games, plus aways games at gills and morecambe, we dont know whats gonna happen yet. those of you that can make it to a game please go, take everyone you know along too, no excuses, change jars emptied etc, get along to plainmoor, your support could make the difference
still keeping the faith
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

bixieupnorth wrote: i mean beating a desperately bad argyle side is hardly difficult is it??
Tell that to Exeter :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

divingbboy wrote:
Sounds like that was it. What was being chanted?
Some lads in the middle were just chanting "England England" not aimed at anyone. He came up and had a go at them at half time and reported it to the Police who just told them chanting there own countries name is not racist basically. I have no idea why he is making a big deal out of it to be honest. Probably just doesn't like singing during the game. Far worse was sung aimed at there friend who was Stewarding on the other side of the ground..Of course that was harmless banter as well.