Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Andrew, can you tell me how the new memberships are going? Has there been a positive response?
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Yes very good so far. The new categories of membership have gone down well and there is still time for more fans to take advantage of the new scheme.I anticipate more members signing up than last season so again my thanks to the fans who came forward with these suggestions.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Hi Andrew, I put this on the "fixtures" thread but maybe more use here.

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteLeague 2 fixtures 2013/14
by DTG » Yesterday, 17:57

Pretty happy with that on first glance. At least we don't have the utter idiocy of Gulls v Bradford, York v GAWS on a BH monday like last season! The GAWS game being on a Tuesday night raises some issues. Is it a Chumps League night? If so we need to maximise the away following to compensate for the stayhomes. There must be a way of giving the Cornish 2k+ tickets cos as sure as anything 4k+ Gulls won't turn up.

I notice that on Saturday 31st August we play Hartlepool while the Greeks play York. It's still summer (cough). How about moving the Kick off time of our game to say 7pm? This would give more time for the travelling fans to get here and will make it a defo stayover. Have a quick chat with Pools admin and promote it. While you are at it, talk to York admin and offer the opportunity of Yorks fans taking in 2 games that day. It would also give the local footballers the chance to come along after their game. As an experiment TUFC have nothing to lose, as it is Pools will bring a handfull so any potential increase in a game that would normally get around 2.5k is a bonus. Maybe even attract some of the local prem fans whose game has finished. Just a thought.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi DTG,
Thank you for your suggestion which is a good one. The problem we have, that you would not necessarily be aware of, is that the Football League stipulate kick off times ( 7.45 or 8.00 pm for evening games) and these can only be changed if the Police request it on safety grounds. Hartlepool will not be a game where the Police have any specific concerns so I cannot see them supporting a changed kick off. I can sound them out but I am not confident.
Thank you again for your idea.
Regards,
Andrew
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

can you get burton and york away moved to saturday please??!! its spoilt my two favourite away days!! just put them where accrington and hartlepool games are, problem solved thanks!!
still keeping the faith
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

A Candy wrote:Hi DTG,
Thank you for your suggestion which is a good one. The problem we have, that you would not necessarily be aware of, is that the Football League stipulate kick off times ( 7.45 or 8.00 pm for evening games) and these can only be changed if the Police request it on safety grounds. Hartlepool will not be a game where the Police have any specific concerns so I cannot see them supporting a changed kick off. I can sound them out but I am not confident.
Thank you again for your idea.
Regards,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

That's crazy. How do the Police have the power to dictate to a legitimate business? Safety? So KO at 7.45pm, even more time to allow Pools (and York, Prem, Local) fans to get there. Really, TUFC need to challenge the ridiculous rules that other businesses don't have to adhere to. TUFC is on the edge of the football world and creative solutions are needed. We've kicked off before on saturdays at 7-30 and I'm absolutely sure if SKY decided to televise the game the Police and the FL would let their tummy be tickled. This needs to be challenged by the legal eagles to assert that modern football is a business the same as Tescos and deserves the same treatment.

Not holding my breath, but thank you Andrew for the response.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Andrew,

Just a quick couple of suggestions for next season. Simple things that may have a bigger impact than may be first apparent

1. Could all staff employed by the club wear name badges on match days? that means when we get great service we know who we have dealt with. It would also help fans build up a rapport with staff.....and of course like any service enviroment keeps the team on their toes to deliver great service.

2. Could season ticket reserved stickers be on seats for the first friendly?......it does not look like we will have any sell out crowds for a friendly this year, so I see this as only a positive thing and could help sort out any problems before the season kicks off. I appreciate that things are so much better run on the ticketting department recently, but the manual system used for season tickets when we renewed means there is likely to be the odd error.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi MidDevon.
All front of house staff including programme sellers & 50/50 sellers will have lanyards with their name and photograph by the time of the first league game. All being well the seats should also be named in time for the first friendly. I agree that it would be good to iron out any problems ( hopefully none!) before the season starts against Wimbledon.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Regards,
Andrew
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Hey Andy, still no email about the season ticket, if booked over the phone what do we use as a receipt?
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Brooker,
The email will be sent this afternoon. Let me know if you do not receive it by end of play today. Easier to email me on [email protected]
Regards,
Andrew
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I've just e mailed Andrew because I've had no confirmation yet ? Has anyone ?
Update: Andrew replied immediately; he's really attending to us well! Got my Club e mail this morning, as did another season ticket holder that I know, so the system must be set to 'Deb'n time'. :)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Thanks Andy, got the email now. Will pop in and grab it on Monday!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Hi Andy,

When ST holders received a letter at the Barnet game last season, it mentioned about an evening at the club where we can meet the players and all that jazz. I was wondering if this is still in the pipeline or not really, as I think it would be a good idea.

Cheers.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi NickGull,
Yes it is still going to happen. Hoping to link it with one of the pre-season friendlies once the full programme is known so looking at mid-end July. Watch this space!
Regards,
Andrew
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Ideal! I'm on holiday until the 19th/20th July so anytime after that would be spot on! :lol:

Cheers, Nick.