Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Brightboy »

Of the players we released a few months ago, Oastler was the only one I was really dissapointed we let go of.
I think we'll really regret letting him go, especially with no 2nd choice right back in sight.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Brightboy wrote:Of the players we released a few months ago, Oastler was the only one I was really dissapointed we let go of.
I think we'll really regret letting him go, especially with no 2nd choice right back in sight.
So what is Jake Hutchings if he isn't 2nd choice right back, obviously Danny leadbitter and Joe Oastler were both released for a reason. Obviously the lad isn't ready to be first choice right back but the management team must have seen enough of him everyday in training etc to think that he has enough in his locker to be a decent back up otherwise why would they have released both right backs. It's for one game how is the lad going to gain experience if we don't play him.
Last edited by supergulls on 12 Aug 2013, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Brightboy »

Well I'm guessing the reason that Oastler was released was because he didn't feature in Knills' first team plans, presumably because he wasn't thought to be good enough.
If there's a different reason to playing ability then fair enough but if not my opinion is that releasing him was a poor decision.

I thought Hutchings' first position was centre back?
If not then it makes the Oastler release a little more understandable, but I still would have liked to see him continue as our first choice right back.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Hutchings can play right back or centerback but as he's still developing physically Alan knill is more comfortable with him at right back as shown by playing there all pre season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Is John Oastler anything to do with Joe Oastler? :devil:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Is John Oastler anything to do with Joe Oastler? :devil:

Matt.
Note to self... Drunken Sunday afternoon posting always leads to silly mistakes. :~D
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Joe is a mid-field player by trade, he`s only gone into right back as it was neccesary to do so at the time, he kind of grew into it a bit but not perfectly. Manse is not a right back but can cover, it`s the same scenario, the gaffer wants a proper right back and Hutch is good cover. Financially and practically it made sense for this evolution to take place!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

supergulls wrote: Note to self... Drunken Sunday afternoon posting always leads to silly mistakes. :~D

amongst other things............... :} :Oops:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

After scoring on his debut for Aldershot, Oastler scored again today resulting in a 1-0 loss for the shots, you can tell which goal he put it in!