Morecambe v Torquay United - 10/8/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bengull wrote:I said that Ricey might have been disappointed, but I also said I would need to see it again. Having seen it again I can categorically say that it was an unbelievable strike (one, as matt said, the guy himself had no idea how he produced) and Rice can be absolved from any blame.

Also, don't snipe at me please, up at 4am to get to the match, back home at 11.30pm, didn't get a great view of what happened, wasn't completely sure how it found the back of the net. It's easier to form an opinion based on seeing it numerous times on the football league show. Oh and I have played in goal as it happens, even though that's irrelevant, so I am ultra critical of all goalkeepers, although not of Ricey, who was excellent yesterday.

dry yer eyes ben. if you call that a snipe, then you obviously arnt use to this forum.

you made a post i disagreed on the evidence that i saw - and I saw it once.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote: We seem to completely lack cover in certain positions. Right back and centre half for starters.
Hutchings and MacKenzie left the club, have they?
brucie wrote: We are overblown with wingers and forwards though.
We have Bodin, Chappel, Cameron and Tommo out wide and Hawley, Yeoman, Benyon and Ball up front, that's two players for each position (in a 4-4-2). That's precisely what any professional club should have.
brucie wrote: our targetman doesn't know how to head a football.
brucie wrote: we don't have a targetman.
Just so long as you're consistent, that's all we ask...
brucie wrote: Yeoman seems to have completely dropped off the radar
I guess the radar doesn't cover the bench? Still, I appreciate that the subs are difficult to assess from an armchair some 300 miles distant.
brucie wrote: We have struggled to do anything against the likes of Wimbledon and Morecambe so its difficult to see where any points will be coming from in the next two games.
If only there were another, say, 42 games to be played after these next two, then at least we might stand some chance...
brucie wrote: Having watched Portsmouth somehow contrive not to beat Accrington I really fear for us when we play them.
You fear for a club whose entire being is worth £1,000,000 when they play a team whose playing budget for this season alone is reckoned to be £3,000,000. With insight like this, I'm amazed Man United didn't come to you, rather than that pesky Moyes fellow, when SAF retired...
brucie wrote: I can't really seeing us...
We're back to that infernal armchair situation again.
brucie wrote: Our full backs are too slow.
Which, presumably, is why we've conceded so many goals so far this season? If only we had some speed merchants like they've got at Carlisle.
brucie wrote: We lack any cover in defence.
See above.
brucie wrote: We lack creativity in midfield.
Meaningless football cliche

Not doing very well here, are you Tezza?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Awesome post Matt
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Close all the polls, post of the season has just been confirmed!

SNW, eyes dried mate, I was just being wet for a second, won't happen again!
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

Post of the Season contender for sure !
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

:) :) FerrariLover, don't forget that Brucie is entitled to his opinion even if it is crap!!! :na: And we could hear the Yellow Army on Radio Devon commentary as well; but I thought that was because they were being noisey, rather than because they almost outnumbered the Morecombe fans!
Looking forward to the Oxford game.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well done Matt/FerrariLover, the best analysis and destruction of the utter garbage posted by the member sometimes known as Brucie that I have seen. Brilliant, exposes the c**p beautifully.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie should be a politician
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

2 games in and we are still unbeaten with a team that is slowly finding its feet, come the middle of October and still no win then start worrying. I have complete faith that once the team start learning how each other play we will be challenging for the play off places.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Bit disappointed by the new players reactions at the final whistle

Half hearted applause is just not good enough for fans travelling so far for the match

It goes without saying manse, nico, rice, Downes all came over to the fans after the match....others were shall we say less keen, clapping from a distance......if some of he new boys are not so fan friendly they will find settling into the club with such a unique relationship with fans more difficult.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Genuine question, Mid, what unique relationship?

Were it me, I think I'd make a point of going to the supporters at the end of a match, particularly away from home. That said, I'm sure we've plenty of dickheads who'd be willing to shout abuse following a defeat or individually hopeless performance, so perhaps that's not so wise?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I've usually felt very much appreciated by the team when travelling away over the years. Nowadays I generally only go away if I have not been to the ground before. With 1 or 2 exceptions away supporters are much more supportive and perhaps understanding than the home crowd and you rarely hear individuals shouted at or abused.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday, it looked fairly typical of any other game. The tunnel is right next to where the away fans were, so they walked over, clapped and left. Fans clapped back and then left.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Some people just aren`t content unless their having a good old fashioned moan! :nod:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bengull wrote:Close all the polls, post of the season has just been confirmed!

SNW, eyes dried mate, I was just being wet for a second, won't happen again!

you sure were mate - nearly as wet as chunkygull!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468