Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

divingbboy wrote:Just saw this on twitter:

"@chrislintott
Deeply deeply upset to hear racist chanting on my first visit to Plainmoor in ages. Never ever been ashamed of Torquay until now #tufc"

What the hell's he talking about? Anyone know?
i dont believe it, unless he heard that bonfire song that was directed at the ferdinand brothers, adapted to exeter and plymouth, and is in no way racist in either format??!!

racism at plainmoor, never been done
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

thats not rascist, patriotic maybe
still keeping the faith
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Bradford did exactly the same to us last season at home, we knew what they would do and how physical they would be.
I was not too happy when i saw that Bodin was starting over Chappell. Why is that?? I am trying to be polite but what the heck does Bodin do. He cant play wide left. In fact i don't know where his best position is.
From what I ve seen of Chappell, he's direct, fast and a proper wide man.
Secondly, why do we persist with Jarvis right midfield. Apart from last weeks goal, what the heck does he do in midfield.

You have to give credit to Bradford who completely dominated us today.

I would expect to see Downes and Chappell start next game.

Brian Saah MOTM, i dont think so, what did they do, draw straws!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

aah i understand now, because it was bradford, with their large population of various different ethnic backgrounds. mildly amusing, recycled, predictable, but still not racist, a bit like "we can see you holding hands" directed at brighton fans, humourous but not homophobic, some people need to learn to laugh a bit more ffs!!
still keeping the faith
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

divingbboy wrote:Just saw this on twitter:

"@chrislintott
Deeply deeply upset to hear racist chanting on my first visit to Plainmoor in ages. Never ever been ashamed of Torquay until now #tufc"

What the hell's he talking about? Anyone know?

Sounds like Chris Lintott is an idiot
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Never heard anything in the Pop side!!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Quite right Bixie. And that Brighton one is just good humoured fun! I make fun of my short friends - does that make me heightest? No, it's just banter!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you should hear the grief i get for being southern, nothing malicious
still keeping the faith
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sounds like it was the "England" chanting that he took offence to.
Deeply deeply upset to hear racist chanting on my first visit to Plainmoor in ages. Never ever been ashamed of Torquay until now #tufc
Tim Kelly ‏@Timbo9170 3h
@chrislintott Same thing happened to me a while ago, I know how it feels. I was gutted too.
Details
Dan R ‏@efctufc1995 36m
@chrislintott Which part of the ground was that mate? Have to say I didn't hear any racist chants.
Details
John Cadigan ‏@johncadigan 26m
@chrislintott was that the 'England' chanting Chris? Think I was stood quite close to you - was embarrassed by what they were singing.
Details
chrislintott ‏@chrislintott 25m
@johncadigan yep. embarrassing.
Details
chrislintott ‏@chrislintott 24m
@efctufc1995 idiots on the pop. Bloody annoyed by the performance too. Bad afternoon all round.
Details
Dan R ‏@efctufc1995 10m
@chrislintott Agreed, and it's disgraceful that racism's still going on in football. Strange that I didn't hear it then - I was stood...
Details
Dan R ‏@efctufc1995 9m
@chrislintott ..on the Pop too! Was it the angry old man brigade by any chance?
Details
John Cadigan ‏@johncadigan 9m
@chrislintott Very disappointing. Likewise, the first time I've heard anything like that. I guess frustrations got the better of some.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well I am not going to skirt around the issue, nor I am going to pull any punches, my son stands with the flag waving youngters, he told me after the game some were refering to Bradford as 'Bradistan' Also think it is pretty obvious why 'god save the queen' and 'England,England' Was being sung, certainly not funny, nor banter..RACIST.

Some of you young lads that stand in the middle have come on here giving it the it's so unfair all the critism we get, well today you deserve it, your support for our team today was pathetic, totaly pathetic..The loudest chant of the day was ' Joe Barlow is a peado' W-T-F.

Thing is I stand in the block right next to you, stand with my friends and lads in the crowd who I got to know, we allways join in with the chants, today when you could actually be bothered to chant something Yellow related most of us were so hacked with the crap you were coming out with, we just could not be bothered to join. And before anyone says it..why don't you start some chants, your the ones calling yourself's TF12, your strap line is bring back the noise to plainmoor, my advice is, do it then, and if don't want critism stop chanting utter drivel.

Right on to the game, think my mate summed it up, he said we have just watched 50 shades of crap, live. That is all.
Formerly known as forevertufc
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

I was stood next to lads on the Pop side. there was NO racist chants atall. They were singing England England, at at one stage sang the National Anthem. At no time was it directed at Bradford fans, they were watching the game at the time of singing. As someone has said, they were giving thier mate stewarding by the tunnel worse grief in songs.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

forevertufc wrote:Well I am not going to skirt around the issue, nor I am going to pull any punches, my son stands with the flag waving youngters, he told me after the game some were refering to Bradford as 'Bradistan' Also think it is pretty obvious why 'god save the queen' and 'England,England' Was being sung, certainly not funny, nor banter..RACIST.
I feel like my comment was misconstrued (sp?). I was at the game and heard none of this to be honest but I was under the impression that they were chanting about us all being farmers or something and a small minority retaliated with the England thing. You can never know what kind of tone people were taking with this - and whether it was genuinely malicious.

Obviously no levels of racism should be tolerated. I was just unsure if this was as malicious as some were suggesting. I honestly don't know, as I say, I didn't hear any of this from the family stand
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:That was bloomin awful today! We never beat Bradford, right in this relegation battle again! Everyone was below average today and when Ricey is in goal, you know we're not going to win, let's be fair.

Gillingham (A)
Barnet (H)
Morecambe (A)
Bristol Rovers (H)

Last four games, I have no idea if we'll stay up or not!? If Pokey's out then we're pretty stuffed, likewise if we play like today. Gillingham will be a very very very difficult game, we need the mentality, passion and skill from the Southend and York game back! Come on Torquay!
I don't think thats fair at all to be honest, Ricey is not my choice of keeper but the game was lost when he came on, he was at no way at fault for their third and he did his job effectively enough. More than can be said for the majority of players on the pitch.

They were just better than us, end of.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MHSGULL wrote:I was stood next to lads on the Pop side. there was NO racist chants atall. They were singing England England, at at one stage sang the National Anthem. At no time was it directed at Bradford fans, they were watching the game at the time of singing. As someone has said, they were giving thier mate stewarding by the tunnel worse grief in songs.

Sorry thats utter rubbish, singing about England and god save the queen, was aimed at Bradford in reference the large asian community around that area, do not even try to excuse it, it may not directly racist, but has racist connotations.

If it was at every game fair enough, why only Bradford, do not play me for a mug, I am not stupid.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

stevegull wrote:I feel like my comment was misconstrued (sp?). I was at the game and heard none of this to be honest but I was under the impression that they were chanting about us all being farmers or something and a small minority retaliated with the England thing. You can never know what kind of tone people were taking with this - and whether it was genuinely malicious.

Obviously no levels of racism should be tolerated. I was just unsure if this was as malicious as some were suggesting. I honestly don't know, as I say, I didn't hear any of this from the family stand
Sorry Steve, my post was in no way aimed at you, and I am sure if you were stood near me you would have been just as hacked off as what most of the lads stood in our block were.