Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Hi Andy,

Any chance of a quick update (and some pictures) on the progress at the training ground?
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Jerry,
Yes hopefully be with you later this week after a visit to Seale Hayne on Tuesday.
Regards,
Andrew
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I have another suggestion for you Andrew, judging by the times you reply to emails !

Don't start work so early in the summer, have a rest, because when the season starts you will be rushed off your feet !
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks MidDevon for your kind and considerate words.......but I have all these great ideas to look at! I like the early, light mornings at this time of year it's the winter that is not quite so appealing.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Any idea when social evening for season-ticket holders will be Andy?
I know sometime in July has been scheduled but would be good to have a date soon so it can be booked in diary (D) (D) (D) (D)
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi,
Tentative date is Friday 12th July but please note that this is not confirmed yet but you might want to pencil it in your diary. Full details will be announced on OS once agreed.
Regards,
Andrew
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Been confirmed on the Website as the 12th with a Buffet starting at 5:30 and free entry to the match against the Marines.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oooooh, Marines and Torquay players, too much for a girlie to stand
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Dear God no, westbaygull.

There was no crescendo of sound as there is nothing big enough at the beginning of that song to even come close to a crescendo. Add to that the fact he has completely ruined an already average Muse song and you end up with a song unfit for human consumption. Why can't DJ's stick to writing their own music, rather than rehashing someone else's work?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

DJs are NOT musicians !!!

:) :)
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Good Morning Andrew

What is the chance of a Forum with Alan Knill et al ?
I know a few in the past became a slanging match, but this was generally under Mr Bateson.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

As I was wandering through the town centre this morning it was, as usual, totally swamped with foreign language students. We have thousands of them here every summer.

Has the club ever approached any of the language schools?

Obviously this would only work for the first few games of the season (we have 3 home games in August) and pre-season matches. Offer them a block of seats at a discount, they'll be sure to spend heavily on food and drink plus youngsters abroad always like a souvenir, so get them in the shop and sell some scarves, hats, shirts etc.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi,
Forum is being arranged for the end of this month. Details to follow soon.
We are in contact with the language schools over various initiatives but thanks for the ideas.
Hope you are all staying cool on a very hot day in Torquay.
Regards,
Andrew
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Jerry wrote:As I was wandering through the town centre this morning it was, as usual, totally swamped with foreign language students. We have thousands of them here every summer.

Has the club ever approached any of the language schools?

Obviously this would only work for the first few games of the season (we have 3 home games in August) and pre-season matches. Offer them a block of seats at a discount, they'll be sure to spend heavily on food and drink plus youngsters abroad always like a souvenir, so get them in the shop and sell some scarves, hats, shirts etc.
This is a tremendous suggestion. Well done Jerry.

(I know A. Candy said it was already in hand, but that doesn't diminish the idea. Glad we're on it)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Hey Andy, what would be acceptable proof of being a last season ticket holder for Friday? I have a horrible feeling I binned my empty book after the last game!