Fleetwood Town v Torquay United - 7/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:Noone is actualy blaming Rice for our defeat. Its no different than you blaming Harding for all that is wrong with the team. Do you seriously think that if he is replaced Ball and Hawley are going to start banging the goals in? - it would be nice if that were to happen but its too simplistic by half. Knill needs to indulge in a spot of arse kicking because some people are not doing their jobs.
There are things he can do to start remedying the situation.
The first thing is to put Benyon in the team and play him regularly. Lets hope he is looking at finding another loan forward when Balls loan runs out at the end of September.
There has surely got to be better than him available - maybe a centre forward who can actually head the bloody ball for starters.
So get in a decent loan striker and pair him with Benyon - we will look infinitely better up front than we do now.
Impressive brucie, you managed to make a post that size and not actually back up your argument towards Ricey in any way, shape or form! Makes me wonder whether you actually believe the sh*t you write! ;-)
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Hector is blaming Ricey for defeats. How many games has Hector been to to make this ludicrous judgment? Some folk on this forum know less about football than Ann Widdicombe.
Perhaps you need to think carefully or at least read carefully, because where have I blamed Rice for defeats?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Just been thinking about Fleetwood. Who is bankrolling the club so that they can bring in so many quality players? How secure are they - will they establish themselves as a league team as Yeovil and Crawley have done, or will they disappear into oblivion like Rushden & Diamonds when/if the bubble bursts ? Probably a question for Andy to get his head around !
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not sure Tomogull but it's a bizarre choice of club to want to make bigger, it's a tiny town much smaller than Torquay and undervisited because there is nothing to go there for, Blackpool is minutes away and the potential for expanding their support base is extremely limited. I'd have thought somewhere like York or Carlisle would have the potential to drag in many more fans should they develop and progress not Fleetwood.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

hector wrote: Perhaps you need to think carefully or at least read carefully, because where have I blamed Rice for defeats?
Oh for goodness sake, calling Ricey "calamitous" and a "liability", as you did earlier in this thread. are blaming him for letting goals in and hence for defeats. Just think about your language Hector, otherwise you just look daft. The team has had its problems, but Ricey's performances have not been one of them.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's just the thing though Tezza, you can replace the front two with Ronaldo and Messi, but with Harding and Manse giving away the ball almost every time they touch it, it wouldn't make a jot of difference. Have a look at the goals we have scored this year. Wimbledon, cross from Niall, Downes header. Two at NTFC, Ball out to Hawley through to Chappell and Bodin out to Chappell for the second. Morecambe, Ball into Hawley, goal. Disallowed Ball free kick against Oxford and Hawley square to Chappell for our goal.
So, your problem is Hawley and Ball, yet, they have been instrumental in almost all our goals. Manse and Harding have done bugger all and yet you don't seem to want them replaced and, even more strangely, you seem to be focusing negative attention on the stand out, run away winner of the Player of the Season award thus far.

I don't understand how you're making these decisions.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Just caught up with GullPlayer from last 2 games.
Looks like we have been handed a lesson in both.
The last 2 goals conceded at Fleetwood looked like the keystone cops - Doh!
The lads will be hurting after that
I got to imagine that AK has got to get a grip in the middle of the park and LB - we will see.
Interestingly we have now played 4 of top 7...in part because they got 3 points of us!

Long way to go, keeping the faith
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Not sure Tomogull but it's a bizarre choice of club to want to make bigger, it's a tiny town much smaller than Torquay and undervisited because there is nothing to go there for, Blackpool is minutes away and the potential for expanding their support base is extremely limited. I'd have thought somewhere like York or Carlisle would have the potential to drag in many more fans should they develop and progress not Fleetwood.
Thanks Andy. Sooooo ....... for Fleetwood, read Rushden & Diamonds in a couple of seasons !! :-|
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Looking through the Fleetwood programme the other day and season ticket holders get half price travel on the supporters coaches! I suppose they've got the money to do this?!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.