Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dutchgull wrote:Gullscorer ...Yeah right the "official " supporters club whose organiser called supporters on forums KEYBOARD WANKERS !! Thats certainly the way to win friends and influence people ! So you prefer a Hull City supporter rather than true Torquay United supporters....interesting....

They are doing more for the club ..JEEZ !!
Don't think he is that popular with a lot of Hull City fans for setting up a breakaway there, tbh, Dutch. Seen by many as a bit of an owners puppet splitting fan opinion where it wasn't needed. Just the view of an HUFC season ticket holding mate, mind. That picture with him and Masters at Truro - another split fanbase - tells a story for this particular fan.

I'm glad to read they are doing some decent work, though. TUST have said encouraging and co-operative things about them, as opposed to the keyboard w*nker undermining start made by him towards fans.

I can see membership of both appealing to some over time, even though the last official supporters club, which could never be accused of being a non-Gulls supporters' vanity project, did overwhelmingly vote to merge with the trust during better times for the Club.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 29 Dec 2016, 18:59, edited 6 times in total.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

bringbackthecowshed wrote:The new OFFICIAL supporters club has done more in 3 months than the trust in 3 years that's why I am backing them to truly represent the supporters, just read their aims and objectives. They actually get things done not like the Trust who are empty vessels
What have they even done apart from organise a Christmas party? A role which was actually agreed between the official group and TUST before it started being planned, as TUST agreed that was an activity better undertaken by the official group.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Do we know who is on the Club's board yet? I know it will ultimately be ruled by our absent property developer owner, but Dave Phillips mentioned in the programme it was his last time as Chairman penning the notes and I thought the others had stood down already? Also, if Rob Stanley left, as was widely reported, who is Club Secretary now???
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

They organised the Fans Forum, set up the Junior Gulls and organised their Xmas party, Sponsored GG and invited fans to a meal with him, sent welcome packs to all members, have met the new owners with a view to fan representation, arranged coach transport for the teams away trips when the current contract went tits up, committee meetings twice a month open to all members, regular emails to all members, away match reports emailed to all members hours after each game, man a table in the Gulls Nest at every home game, Got Robin Stubbs as Honorary President. and lets put a couple of points right David Philips said "keyboard wankers" not Bernard Noble and the last supporters club was exactly that and not the OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Why the hang up regarding the word 'official'?

Met the new owners with a view to fan representation?? Very interested to hear more on that bbthecowshed as it has had zero publicity. No wonder Clarke Osbourne put that little press release out about trust representation. He'll be delighted at how easy it must seem to play supporters off against each other. He'll choose wisely, I'm sure.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 29 Dec 2016, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

If your read their application form it states that the supporters club is recognised by the club and a representative of the club is a member of the supporters club committee and they will work together for the benefit of Torquay Utd and the fans
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

bringbackthecowshed wrote:If your read their application form it states that the supporters club is recognised by the club and a representative of the club is a member of the supporters club committee and they will work together for the benefit of Torquay Utd and the fans
Coming back to my earlier post re Dave Phillips, Rob Stanley et al, who are the current representatives of the club. I thought they'd all left? Anyone know?
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

bringbackthecowshed wrote:They organised the Fans Forum, set up the Junior Gulls and organised their Xmas party, Sponsored GG and invited fans to a meal with him, sent welcome packs to all members, have met the new owners with a view to fan representation, arranged coach transport for the teams away trips when the current contract went tits up, committee meetings twice a month open to all members, regular emails to all members, away match reports emailed to all members hours after each game, man a table in the Gulls Nest at every home game, Got Robin Stubbs as Honorary President. and lets put a couple of points right David Philips said "keyboard wankers" not Bernard Noble and the last supporters club was exactly that and not the OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB
Sponsored players - even the forums do this and have done so for years.
Committee Meetings - Erm...you'd expect that from any organisation, it's called governance. Listing organising meetings as an achievement is scraping the bottom of the barrel to say the least.
Regular emails - TUST do this.

So basically what they've managed to do is arrange the coach transport (credit where it is due....but that is hardly the role of a supporter's organisation, and as part of the club, it's likely this work had at least some input from the club), get Robin Stubbs to make a publicity appearance and man a desk at the Gulls Nest. It's hardly trend setting stuff and TUST has done the equivalent in the past.

I simply don't understand why there continues to be a number of fans out there that are virulently anti TUST when it is the only organisation standing up for the fans view and consumer rights, especially in an era when the last two boards at the club have been utterly inept and treated the fans as nothing more than a source of revenue and treated us with contempt. Given this background, why would you trust an internal organisation, clearly set up to subvert the TUST and ensure that the board (and now GI) continue to receive our money and continue treating us as non critical thinking sheep, pumping money into the club, no matter how much shit we're fed and how bad things get on the pitch.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

Sharon Cox
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

So TUST has done this in the past whoopee what are they doing now?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

In terms of alternative coach arrangements, I thought we were told that was down to Pete Masters? Is he part of the OSC or am I missing something here?

Anyway - I've still no idea who the representatives of the club currently are. I'm sure we'll find out soon. The Club Secretary role (and board, generally) worries me a bit if we are engaging in transfer activity. Is Sharon Cox doing that?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, they've done all this trying to unite fans instead of your 'official' organisation which is a blatant attempt by Noble to divide the fans. His history at Hull Fc has been mentioned briefly but not given the critique it deserves.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

Peter Masters lent the club his bus for a short period he is nothing to do with TUOSC
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

Get your facts right Southampton Gull, Bernard Noble can speak for himself but you have it horribly wrong
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Oh I do :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com