Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Emet you are correct this only makes it illegal for uk companies to call you. If the matter is that annoying I'd suggest calling your provider and requesting a change of telephone number or make you x directory if not already. Hope this helps.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Cant remember whether i've already done this one or not, so apologies if I have, but here goes.

Radio/TV presenters with speach impediments. What is that all about?
Surely if you are in the media and talking to the nation you should be able to pronunciate correctly? I'm not suggesting we go back to 1930's BBC English, just clear diction (and this is coming from a Tyke!).

I've just been listening to Talksport, and WRay Parwlour was on, get in the house and Awran Smiff is co commentating on Sky, but by far the worst offender is the incwedibwy unfunny Andy Gowdstein, late of Sky now also on Tawkspowt.
We've also recently had a couple of reporters on Look (Dirty Fookin' L**ds) North with similar impediments.

Drives me mental :-o
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't let Lingy read this! He'll never speak to the media again! :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just bought an A4 refill pad from Tesco. On the front cover it tells you in Polish/Czech/Hungarian/Slovak and Turkish that it is an A4 refill pad. I COULD BE FROM F*CK*NG MARS AND KNOW THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO READ IT IN MARTIAN!!!!!!!!! Nothing against these nations or indeed martians but it's just taking the piss! If i was in say Estonia and bought a sparkling bottle of mineral water i can pretty much work out that it is indeed that , a sparkling bottle of water. It will tell me this in Estonian although i wouldn't understand it. It doesn't need to be written in English too does it?!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

The NHS has spent £XXZillions this year on transalating services for about 5000 different languages.
As the National Health SERVICE is paid for by the British tax payer, the least the people living here and using it could do was LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!
The ONLY exceptions would be foreign tourists who have had the misfortune to fall ill whilst on holiday here, and they would (SHOULD) be easy to identify as they should be issued with a special card on entry 'just in case' which would explain their circumstances and which translator they need.

£1000000000000000 saved at a stroke. :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I know what you mean Emet, another example that i discovered the other day and i'll enlighten you. I am currently looking for a primary school for my daughter to start next year and one nearby fits most of the criteria but they are proud to highlight on their website the fact that they offer polish for young 'uns. Now i've said it before and i'll say it again i've nowt against other nations and their customs and cultures, in fact i embrace them; however, my 4 year old should not be forced to learn Polish. She is English (sadly), lives in England and will attend an English school. It is actually the wrong way around. The Poles come HERE therefore it is THEY who should be given the forced classes - in English! Again, not racist just common sense. It actually benefits the migrants too allowing them to integrate into British society. In addition to this Polish is a minority language and my child will benefit more from learning German ( which she will and is me coming from a fastidious Austrian / Yorkshire background! ) or Spanish. It's like you say Emet, everything has to be translated and most of the time there is just no need for it. If i go to Austria i expect most things to be written in German which i can cope with, if i go to Finland i expect most things to witten in Finnish or Lapp which i can't cope with but will have to manage. If i'm from eastern europe and i come to Britain then i don't even need to attempt learning English coz everyfuckingthing is written in my language anyway!! Crazy!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

austrianandygull wrote:Just bought an A4 refill pad from Tesco. On the front cover it tells you in Polish/Czech/Hungarian/Slovak and Turkish that it is an A4 refill pad. I COULD BE FROM F*CK*NG MARS AND KNOW THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO READ IT IN MARTIAN!!!!!!!!! Nothing against these nations or indeed martians but it's just taking the piss! If i was in say Estonia and bought a sparkling bottle of mineral water i can pretty much work out that it is indeed that , a sparkling bottle of water. It will tell me this in Estonian although i wouldn't understand it. It doesn't need to be written in English too does it?!!!
It's just purely to save money. That pad can be sold in 5 countries rather than five different pads having to be printed and only able to be used in one country each. It's fairly standard practise.

Also, no-one is 'forcing' your daughter to learn Polish. There's a fairly big difference between an optional course and the school curriculum, which Polish isn't on. Virtually every other country in the world teaches foreign languages to children, because this is the best time to learn them. Teenagers in Europe can speak fluently in multiple languages whilst ours struggle with English, so I'd be in favour of much more foreign language teaching from that age, be it French, German, Spanish, Polish or any other language. It'll open a lot of doors in later life.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

HMRC. What are they for?
Why do big businesses like Vodaphone get let off with £Millions in unpaid tax, football clubs X many owe £Zillions in unpaid tax and PAYE yet THEY (HMRC) fook up my tax code FOR TWO YEARS ON THE TROT, I underpay (not my fault I'm an employee), they wont admit liability and chase me relentlessly for £1900.
There latest reason was "we have no evidence that we have failed to act on any correspondence from yourself or a third party".
THATS BECAUSE THE ONLY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM ME IS BECAUSE YOU FOOKED IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU UNPROFESSIONAL, INADEQUATE, NOT FIT TO RUN A BATH MORONS!
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Debt and taxes :@

Some say it's death and taxes :@

Believe me, before death it's debt and taxes :@

After death, it's still fookin taxes, but by then it's someone elses debt. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

These infolinks(green font double underlined mularky) are giving me the hump! :@
Whoever switched them on, will they please turn them off... :@ :@
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I've done Americanisms creeping into English before, but I've got a particular gripe with presenter Maury Povich.
He along with many others calls a certain ethnic group 'African Americans'. THEY'RE BLACK FFS. BLACK. White Americans aren't referred to as 'European Americans' they're WHITE.
Even one of his guests called himself black after Maury called him an 'African American'.
Gercha :@
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Having a seriously bad back and not being able to book a doctors appointment! Chilcote Surgery have obviously taken on too many patients as they turn you away when their full up for the day and you can`t book the following day till that morning of that day and when you do finally get through their all booked up again! Dr.Peter Moore (massive TUFC fan) if you read this please can you do something as this situation is a f**ken joke! Will try again tommorow, due to the fact that I have to! I have a feeling I`m going to be on the phone to another Gulls fan tommorow, Adrian Sanders M.P. to get something done!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Aussie wrote:Having a seriously bad back and not being able to book a doctors appointment! Chilcote Surgery have obviously taken on too many patients as they turn you away when their full up for the day and you can`t book the following day till that morning of that day and when you do finally get through their all booked up again! Dr.Peter Moore (massive TUFC fan) if you read this please can you do something as this situation is a f**ken joke! Will try again tommorow, due to the fact that I have to! I have a feeling I`m going to be on the phone to another Gulls fan tommorow, Adrian Sanders M.P. to get something done!
You will have to move up here. We can just walk in to a mini hospital if we have to. it's got what most minor injury units have plus extras. And thats if we can get an appiontment with a doctor which usualy we can. We must be really lucky in Yate.

Of course you could try asking Trojan if he will walk over your back in stilletos. or if your really in luck Westbay. if not not it's Southampton Gull. Dave is up for anything for a pint of Magners.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:HMRC. What are they for?
Why do big businesses like Vodaphone get let off with £Millions in unpaid tax, football clubs X many owe £Zillions in unpaid tax and PAYE yet THEY (HMRC) fook up my tax code FOR TWO YEARS ON THE TROT, I underpay (not my fault I'm an employee), they wont admit liability and chase me relentlessly for £1900.
There latest reason was "we have no evidence that we have failed to act on any correspondence from yourself or a third party".
THATS BECAUSE THE ONLY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM ME IS BECAUSE YOU FOOKED IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU UNPROFESSIONAL, INADEQUATE, NOT FIT TO RUN A BATH MORONS!
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
I doubt your the only one in this country annoyed by this semi illiterate bunch of idiots. I have battled them for years. Their web site is a joke. You have hells own battle to get anything done through it. and as for making returns online. Forget it. it either chucks you off, refuses to accept you log on passwords, deletes all your info if you make a small msitokk or when you click to make any sort of return it then goes blank and you have to do the whole lot again. And woe betide anyone who want to ring them up to sort it all out. assuming you do eventualy get through to anyone then you won't get a lot og help. that's when they even answer the phone or are not on strike.
They couldn't run a bath. And they wonder why we have nicknamed them the dept of Red Blooded Custard.
of course you could run into an ministry that even worse.. The Dept of Stealth and total Obscurity, of health and social sucurity. Need I say more!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Drivers again. Well, morons whose car is so precious they deliberately park across two or more spaces in busy car parks so no one can park next to them and possibly mark their only love.
ITS JUST A CAR FFS, A VEHICLE TO GET YOU FROM A TO B. IF YOU'RE THAT WORRIED ABOUT IT GETTING EVEN THE TINIEST MARK ON IT LEAVE IT AT HOME, OR BETTER STILL GET A DIFFERENT CAR! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@