Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

When I book tickets online I always get them sent out to me and I pay £3. Sure you are effectively then paying £19 for a ticket instead of £17 but it's only a couple of quid for me now and again so i'm not fussed. I think a few years back I was charged a fiver on a couple of occasions for recorded delivery and I think that was taking the p*ss a bit but like Matt says, a couple of quid is a small price to pay for not wasting half your life in a ticket queue. That would be the last thing i'd want having spent 5 hours to get down there. Hey, maybe all these £2's could help pay for an additional member of staff on matchdays! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brisgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by brisgull »

---
Last edited by brisgull on 19 Sep 2013, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You've confused yourself. To avoid queuing, you pay an extra couple of quid, not save it.

Of course if you attend all the games, you'll be out of pocket with the exile membership scheme, that's why it's an exile membership scheme, to benefit those who only attend a few games a season because of their relative distance from Plainmoor.

I wish people would stop picking at the club with irrational, nonsensical things. If you're really that unhappy, then find something else to do with your Saturdays. You know what I do when I go to view a house I think I'll like, only to find it has no toilet and three kitchens? I walk away and find something I prefer. Same with cars. If I turn up and a car has no engine and 6 wheels, I find a better example. If you're looking for a hobby and attending football matches irritates you, find something less irritating to do instead.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

pre-match entertainment - can we play this song over the tannoy and get gilbert the gull to do the dance.
surfin bird (bird is the word) by the trashmen.

heres peter griffin to show you the dance. (not the rolling around bit, dont want gilbert to get muddy).

it would be brilliant if gilbert could do this. please. :~D

[youtube]2WNrx2jq184[/youtube]

thanks. :)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

If only he would! If only he could! Oh, for the return of One Can Lasher! But I'm afraid the present Gilbert can only manage a bare 15 minutes of vague wandering before he returns to the touchline, never to be see again. I've been pushing for a paid Gilbert for some time, one with a proven background of entertaining; one who can sing, dance, jump, fly, explode, turn into a firework, disappear into nothingness and re-appear as a flight of arrows descending on the pontificating idiot who plagues this website. But no luck, I'm afraid.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

plllllleeeaaassssse mr candy. please can you get gilbert to do the dance to the surfin' bird song, pllleeeaassse. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Strictly no promises but I will see what I can do as a one-off entertainment. Gilbert ( if he performs) will take centre stage at about 2.40pm
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

If you manage this, Mr. Candy, then you will be awarded the degree of Master of Persuasion.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

thank you mr candy. :bow: fingers crossed.
p g.jpg
p g.jpg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
gilbert.png
gilbert.png (71.92 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
:)
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Will do my best. Should just point out in order to manage expectations that we cannot show the video clip for copyright reasons.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Why has he got legs like Alan Knill? Is it him in disguise?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Why has he got legs like Alan Knill? Is it him in disguise?
Peter Griffin or Gilbert?
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Gilbert = legend!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

"HE DID IT - HE ONLY WENT AND DID IT"!!! :clap: :clap: :bow:

that was great, my son and i were laughing our heads off, but thought it was brilliant.

the pop were a bit quiet , probably because it wasnt very full at that point, but quite a few got it.

big thumbs up :) and thankyou to gilbert.

:bow: to you mr candy and thankyou very much, its great that there are channels open between us supporters and the club and we can be heard because somebody listens.

i hope gilbert realises because us football fans are superstitious and because we won, he has to do that before every home game now.
hey, it can become his signature tune/party piece. :~D

many,many thanks again. :-D
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Chunkygull. It's a new GILBERT, more pudgier and smaller than the previous incumbent, but already far, far better. Although no-one took the slightest notice of his 'Bird's the Word' dance (apart from myself and Mr. Chunkygull) I thought he did well. This Gilbert should be taken on, Mr. Candy (while we are at it please apply to the University of Wivelgulldom for your M. A. in Persuasion).
There is definite potential in the present GILBERT, although he really should attend the mascot training school to pick up some new ideas, but keep on keepin' on old bird, you're doing allright.