MESSAGE TO SIMON BAKER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

For me, Stanley is the vital signing. Our team was twice as effective with him pulling the strings. As for Branno, he had an excellent season but we have competition in that position. If he goes elsewhere, i'll not lose any sleep.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Having read the comments made by Bill Phillips on the BBC website, perhaps more is going on behind the scenes than we realise. With good reason there has been criticism of the Board for their lack of a pro-active approach, but I think we need to wait a day or two for events to unravel before being too critical. There are obviously snippets of information leaking out which some on this site are picking up on and i'm sure far more is going on than some of the negative posters realise.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I think it's very unfair that I'm not "in-the-know" and have to make do with allusions made by some of the more informed posters on here. (Yes, SG, I'm looking at you!)

I demand that the club tell me everything that is going on; i need to know the people in the frame for the manager's gig. I need to know who we're after, who we've offered contracts to, who we're letting go.

And I need to know now, dammit. This is my club even though I don't own anything and I think it's only right and proper that I get hourly phonecalls to apprise me of the ongoing situation!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

happytorq wrote:I think it's very unfair that I'm not "in-the-know" and have to make do with allusions made by some of the more informed posters on here. (Yes, SG, I'm looking at you!)

I demand that the club tell me everything that is going on; i need to know the people in the frame for the manager's gig. I need to know who we're after, who we've offered contracts to, who we're letting go.

And I need to know now, dammit. This is my club even though I don't own anything and I think it's only right and proper that I get hourly phonecalls to apprise me of the ongoing situation!

Chris, I've heard so many contrasting stories on different subjects from different people I've talked to over the last few weeks. As someone else said and would be pretty obvious, there are a lot of things happening at the Club right now. All I'd say with any certainty is the Board are on top of things that were comcerning me a week or so ago so I'm not going to be negative and post something I'm not sure of. I've got a good hunch and I've passed that off in various threads. It doesn't put me in the know and despite what others make out I don't think it makes me look clever, it's doesn't take Einstein to pass on what you get told, what you get told just because you're Admin on a fans forum. If I think something is nailed on I pass it on, if I think it's likely I'll offer my opinion on it. I can speculate, make an educated guess and it's not often I'm wrong if I stick to that. I'm told I'm getting stick elsewhere over the Hannah post, I chose my words carefully but people read what they want into it instead of what I actually wrote. I could keep quiet and say nothing but if I was in your shoes so far away i'd want to know. I don't care what others say, we're an independent forum and I'll continue telling what I know when I find out but don't blame me if people take their own inference from what I write and not mine. You've known me long enough now to realise if I know you know, no? :no:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Lol, Dave, I was just pulling everybody's leg. I know how it is - if you'd heard that Person X was getting the job and you posted as much, and then it wasn't him, you'd be pilloried.

I just feel really isolated over here. When are we going to do a Man Utd and have a U.S. Tour? :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Chris, I've heard so many contrasting stories on different subjects from different people I've talked to over the last few weeks. As someone else said and would be pretty obvious, there are a lot of things happening at the Club right now. All I'd say with any certainty is the Board are on top of things that were comcerning me a week or so ago so I'm not going to be negative and post something I'm not sure of. I've got a good hunch and I've passed that off in various threads. It doesn't put me in the know and despite what others make out I don't think it makes me look clever, it's doesn't take Einstein to pass on what you get told, what you get told just because you're Admin on a fans forum. If I think something is nailed on I pass it on, if I think it's likely I'll offer my opinion on it. I can speculate, make an educated guess and it's not often I'm wrong if I stick to that. I'm told I'm getting stick elsewhere over the Hannah post, I chose my words carefully but people read what they want into it instead of what I actually wrote. I could keep quiet and say nothing but if I was in your shoes so far away i'd want to know. I don't care what others say, we're an independent forum and I'll continue telling what I know when I find out but don't blame me if people take their own inference from what I write and not mine. You've known me long enough now to realise if I know you know, no? :no:

Too true we are and long may the banter, innuendo, rumour, slander, libel etc continue. :clap:

We are TorquayFans.com and we will not go quietly into the night. :no:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

happytorq wrote:Lol, Dave, I was just pulling everybody's leg. I know how it is - if you'd heard that Person X was getting the job and you posted as much, and then it wasn't him, you'd be pilloried.

I just feel really isolated over here. When are we going to do a Man Utd and have a U.S. Tour? :)
I figured you probably were but someone else said something, I think it was doogull, about letting it out. I was just explaining for everyone else as well but also making the point that as a normal fan I like to know as well.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote: I figured you probably were but someone else said something, I think it was doogull, about letting it out. I was just explaining for everyone else as well but also making the point that as a normal fan I like to know as well.
Not a hope in hell of people believing this.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Mr Chairman. The silence is deafening!!! Do the Board NOT want to see Guy Branston and Craig Stanley in United colours next season . Surely the Board can see their importance to the club regardless as to who is ultimately appointed Manager. I just dont get it!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep there does seem to be atouch of the Mavis Riley "i dont really know" about our decision making prosess at times,however to be fair our board does have a lot on its plate right now, Bill Phillips has said there under pressure to get things done as far as the manager's job is concerned,i should imagine we are just days away from an apointment.

Branston and Stanley will realise this,and if they really want in as far as TUFC is concerned they will wait to see what happens,just maybe the new manager might have different idea's and want to look elsewhere,that said i agree would sign both now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Were not going to sort anything out until we get a new manager. As much as we would like to keep them. They might not feature in the new managers plans so should be left to his decision weather we sign/attempt to sign them up, Chairman shouldnt be blamed for this tbh.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

AlexGulls wrote:Were not going to sort anything out until we get a new manager. As much as we would like to keep them. They might not feature in the new managers plans so should be left to his decision weather we sign/attempt to sign them up, Chairman shouldnt be blamed for this tbh.
This is where i think your wrong mate. The club are waiting a week to discuss the manager position. All i know about Branno is that he is on holiday in ibiza with a few other gulls players and he wont sort his own future out untill he is home. (who would while on holiday let lone a clubbing one) Im lead to believe that there is something waiting for Branno when he gets home contract wise from TQ.

With Branston having a new girlfriend who lives in TQ and getting settled in his new flat with this girlfriend in TQ, all i know that he is desprate to stay.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

tufcbrett wrote: This is where i think your wrong mate. The club are waiting a week to discuss the manager position. All i know about Branno is that he is on holiday in ibiza with a few other gulls players and he wont sort his own future out untill he is home. (who would while on holiday let lone a clubbing one) Im lead to believe that there is something waiting for Branno when he gets home contract wise from TQ.

With Branston having a new girlfriend who lives in TQ and getting settled in his new flat with this girlfriend in TQ, all i know that he is desprate to stay.
I thought someone hinted that his new flat was in Bristol?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I asked Clem to ask him where his new flat was, I didn't hint at Bristol.
Dave

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

tufcbrett wrote: This is where i think your wrong mate. The club are waiting a week to discuss the manager position. All i know about Branno is that he is on holiday in ibiza with a few other gulls players and he wont sort his own future out untill he is home. (who would while on holiday let lone a clubbing one) Im lead to believe that there is something waiting for Branno when he gets home contract wise from TQ.

Whilst I know Branstons settled down here and would love him to stay as he's been class for us at the end of the day if the new Manager doesnt see him in his plans then he might not want him?

I hope he stays but I just think contract offers wont be sorted untill the new guy is appointed and decides who he wants to keep and who he doesnt.