More Dis-array at Plymouth

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Football clubs are different from 'other business' because they mean more to the wider community than the local pie shop.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Fonda wrote:Football clubs are different from 'other business' because they mean more to the wider community than the local pie shop.
Agree they are different in that respect, but does not mean they should get specialt dispensation when things go wrong. There are seriel offenders - Exeter and Rotherham - who have been in administration twice.

if I was head of the FA/football league I would make penalties much more severe than they are at present - automatic relegation for a start.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

If i was head of the FA, I'd put more effort into ensuring the people buying football clubs have the right interests at heart.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

NA Gull wrote: Agree they are different in that respect, but does not mean they should get specialt dispensation when things go wrong. There are seriel offenders - Exeter and Rotherham - who have been in administration twice.

if I was head of the FA/football league I would make penalties much more severe than they are at present - automatic relegation for a start.
You will find there are also enough "normal" businesses that do exactly the same. It goes bust and suddenly a new company is formed, which buys the assets from the old one at a very knockdown price, leaving the creditors of the old one swinging in the wind. I can think of at least one in Torquay that has done it twice in the last 5 or 6 years and is still trading...
Arse! Drink!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fonda wrote:Football clubs are different from 'other business' because they mean more to the wider community than the local pie shop.
Don't let SNW hear you say that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

That depends on the pie shop. mmnnnn yum
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Delusional Gargs ???? !!!

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Plymouth-f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dutchgull wrote:Delusional Gargs ???? !!!

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Plymouth-f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, I don't know Dutch, I mean John White of Pennycross seems pretty clued up ....
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

The exception which proves the rule !!!
=D =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yous must be 'avin a bubble barf, Shirley?!?!?!

Surely, even if you asked at the local branch of the Plymouth Ultras, you wouldn't get such a plymouth centric view of the universe?

Success for PAFC this season will be avoiding a four or five division relegation and a rebranding as AFC Argyle. Talk about taking the 'bury your head in the sand' approach.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Haha, brilliant. I like the final, nicely understated comment there...'Argyle will surprise a few people and win it'. Yes, just a few people will be surprised by that. Just like it would only cause a mild stir to see a green pig with wings hovering above Home Park all season. What a deluded bunch. People from Cornwall are like Americans - they don't acknowledge the rest of the world exists.