York or Luton??

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

well pleased for the yorkies. i,ve been around the club regularly for the last 15 or so years and know the city like the back of my hand having lived nearby. so looking forward to going next season and buckle got done up like a kipper in the process! happy days!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, great news that a nice club like York has got back at the expense of those big heads from Luton led by another ego head.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:well pleased for the yorkies. i,ve been around the club regularly for the last 15 or so years and know the city like the back of my hand having lived nearby. so looking forward to going next season and buckle got done up like a kipper in the process! happy days!!

agree andy.

a nice city, loads of pubs and just 45mins away for me!! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I just couldn't give a flying f*ck about Buck. Did a good job for us, moved pfff wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last to do that.

I'm more interested about TUFC than I am about 1 person from it's past. Next year v Luton would have been guaranteed home sell out, and if it was early in the season probably guaranteed away sell out and a quality day out. Instead it's York and 2,200 at home and 120 of us going there.

Having said that I thought they were the better side on the day and they are also a proper football club so I am happy to see them up. Much like last season in BSP it's annoying we've gained a false mickey mouse club as champions while there had to be a loser in the playoff final between 2 proper clubs with decent fanbases.

Bring back re-election and stop shite like Fleetwood, Macclesfield, Crawley and Morecambe from staining the league. Just imagine if Histon had got promoted, what a total farce that would have been.

(said half tongue in cheek the last paragraph, I do however hate every single one of those crap clubs)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Agree about Histon, Royal, they are at their level now, getting 500 people/week in the BSN and only just avoiding relegation.

Cannot, however, agree about preferring Luton over York. forget Buckle, I, like you, don't give a ****, flying or otherwise about the man now that he has left us. I do, however, hate the town of Luton. It's probably the shittiest of all the shitholes I have ever been to, the whole place is just one big cesspool. York, on the other hand, is lovely, and will make a delightful away day. The football, a pleasant overnight stay in a country hotel and a jolly nice day by the river and in the Minster on the Sunday.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Fair comment Luton is an absolute hole of all proportions. I also find it ridiculously weird/grim/ubershit how they are now decked out in Orange with easyJet plastered all over their kit. Is it long before they become EasyJet FC? i know Luton have traditionally had a tinge of orange to their kit but in my lifetime it's been white and black predominantly and their current efforts are absolutely hideous.

For pure location and also the Buck factor + they do have decent support would have = more money for us and also it is 1hour from my house compared to York being 4 hours. Which I will probably end up giving a massive swerve.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

rascist fans, home of the EDL or whatever they're called, they can stay out of the league as long as possible in my eyes, horrible horrible place! and paul buckle!
still keeping the faith
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

a pleasant overnight stay in a country hotel
Middlethorpe Hall overlooking the racecourse. And they usually do a deal for two nights. Well worth it...
Get a deluxe in the main house, the courtyard rooms aren't as good.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

macclesfield is one of my favourite days out bar none! we almost always beat them, you can see about 8 pubs from the railway station, and theres a couple belters on the way to and from the ground, railway view and the macc.

i'll miss my little macc trip this year. and as for attendance being a requisite for FL membership, what a load of rubbish, it takes all sorts, the large and the small, if a clubs got where they are on merit and a well run budget then they deserve to be there with the rest of us. its the crawleys that make my skin crawl
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:macclesfield is one of my favourite days out bar none! we almost always beat them, you can see about 8 pubs from the railway station, and theres a couple belters on the way to and from the ground, railway view and the macc.

i'll miss my little macc trip this year. and as for attendance being a requisite for FL membership, what a load of rubbish, it takes all sorts, the large and the small, if a clubs got where they are on merit and a well run budget then they deserve to be there with the rest of us. its the crawleys that make my skin crawl
The thing is you find the two go hand in hand a lot of the time. Macclesfield and Morecambe being the two exceptions but in recent years, Rushden, Crawley, Fleetwood even Stevenage and Burton to a lesser extent have had money pumped into the club which has changed them from Conference fodder to League clubs. Which they ultimately can't sustain because they only actually have 500 fans and as soon as it starts going wrong it snowballs horrificly.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

budleigh wrote: Middlethorpe Hall overlooking the racecourse. And they usually do a deal for two nights. Well worth it...
Get a deluxe in the main house, the courtyard rooms aren't as good.
And here was me thinking you only did history. Thanks for the heads up pal, I'll have a look once the fixtures are released.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"