New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I really like C, and B.

I would not buy G, the only thing I like about it is the collar.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Manse is definitely rattled on twitter :lol: #VoteG #VoteG
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:Manse is definitely rattled on twitter :lol: #VoteG #VoteG
#Ghitsthespot
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

G is bloody awful. Looks like it's straight out of the 1970s. My preference is for B.
TUST member 203
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Hopefully, as it's now SONDICO and not W*NKANEL supplying the kits, we may get plenty in in time for the summer?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

A or B for me. I could maybe tolerate C but only if I had to.

Really don't like G. Retro doesn't automatically mean good. I didn't like it back then.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

G and then E for me, cant stand all these complicated designs, 5 of them are just horrible, who designed them all btw??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

are all those shadows part of each design?? just plain will do me, yellow with blue trim, loving the new simple nike kits with the wide edging to sleeves, classic and simple (just like myself!!)

change the green to blue and i'd say this would be about as good a shirt as tufc could ever wish for, BRAZIL FROM THE WESTCOUNTRY!!!

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/?l=shop, ... _SH_Google
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

I don't understand why the options include six quite similar kits and one drastically different. G is going to pick up a larger vote just because the other votes will be split so much.

My favourite is C, followed by A. I could live with any of them though, although G is my least favourite, I prefer all yellow/blue.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gulliball wrote:I don't understand why the options include six quite similar kits and one drastically different. G is going to pick up a larger vote just because the other votes will be split so much.

My favourite is C, followed by A. I could live with any of them though, although G is my least favourite, I prefer all yellow/blue.
Very good point. People who prefer the yellow/blue combo are spread amongst the first lot and anyone who has good 'memories' of the 80s kit plumps for that. It is fairly perplexing.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:G all the way people. Retro is cool and this was our best kit ever!

Ditto............and I still have the original too ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Love g, i also have the original but would love an updated one - plus it's original we,d be the only footy league team with yellow and white stripes, i also remember a rarther awful yellow and purple kit from back in the day.
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I do like G, since i have been following Torquay we have always had a mainly yellow kit with blue trim here and there. Never stripes, so stripes would be a nice change. It's just the collar on G, it's seriously horrendous and seriously out of date and completely ruins the whole kit. Can't they do G with a modern collar ( but not v-neck like our current home shirt - that is equally horrendous ). When is the result announced does anyone know?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'd favour G - same as the first TUFC kit I owned, worn at the first match I went too at Plainmoor etc etc. Plus its something a bit different.

That said, I wouldn't lose any sleep if B or A won it
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gulliball wrote:I don't understand why the options include six quite similar kits and one drastically different. G is going to pick up a larger vote just because the other votes will be split so much.

As already mentioned, this is an excellent point. Is it possible that manufacturers/club would like to go with G but put the poll up knowing that A-F would fragment people?

I realise this would be X-files level of Machiavellian.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.