John Marquis

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Scott, I could bet my last penny that he has the same desire still and is most definitely as disappointed as any fan at the position we find ourselves in. On top of that he has his professional pride and reputation at stake, even a fat frog from Guernsey can see the truth in that, surely?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Southampton Gull wrote: Andy, is it morally ok to say you belong in a different era where manners count and then compare that scenario to calling the manager an ignorant **** in public where he has no right of reply? Sorry mate, on this occasion your comments are out of order.
:-/ no, it isn't.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 25 Nov 2013, 15:26, edited 2 times in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:Scott, I could bet my last penny that he has the same desire still and is most definitely as disappointed as any fan at the position we find ourselves in. On top of that he has his professional pride and reputation at stake, even a fat frog from Guernsey can see the truth in that, surely?
:goodpost:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I didn't say he had lost it - I said he seemed to be different.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Oh, and I'm big boned - you ugly f*cker

:na:

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Scott Brehaut wrote:I didn't say he had lost it - I said he seemed to be different.

Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:
:rofl: :rofl:

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

AustrianAndyGull wrote: He does have the right of reply though. I can't call him an ignorant tw*t at the game because i don't want to shout anything negative in earshot of the players if i can help it, i can't say it to his face because I'm never going to meet him and so out of frustration and anger i say it on here. I would love dearly to confront Mr Knill and accuse him of this and ask him for an explanation but he doesn't appear one to be forthcoming with the supporters.

Facebook is rife with folk saying he's a dick or he's this and he's that just because they don't like Knill. I'm far from the worst. Doesn't make it right i know. I am calling him an ignorant tw*t because i am incensed at his behaviour and i feel affronted and aggrieved and i have no other outlet to release this or resolve my anger in an appropriate and suitable manner. I'm sorry.

Maybe his reply to the type of comments aired about him is to walk down the tunnel and concentrate on his work................

Oh and as you well know, I've expressed the same views on Facebook as I have on here.
Dave

miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Welcome aboard John.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

royalgull wrote:Agree with Dave to be honest, jumping up and down on the touchline and waving at supporters has no baring on players performances or being a good or bad manager. Every person is different, some rant and rave some say very little and people react differently to different managers. Managers have their own different ways of doing things, I read a post from someone slating Knill for not going instantly into the dressing room at half time. Again it's not uncommon for managers to not go straight in, they let the players sit down, have their say amongst each other, collect his thoughts then go in and say his piece.

Knill isn't the sole reason why we are terrible, don't get me wrong he's one of the key reasons and his constant tinkering, terrible tactics, indifferent transfer record and bizarre subs aren't helping the cause, I also don't find him particularly likeable so it's harder to warm to him especially as we're struggling but the players are the ones who will ultimately seal his and our fate. Unless some of them, our key players the ones who actually have talent and could turn games for us start doing it then we're screwed.
The players try to addapt to the system Knill wants when he had four players up front and have struggled with it. He seems to be waking up to that fact as he has been changing the formation. Sometimes players cannot fit into a system like Fellaini at Man U. He was a different player at Everton because they played to his strengths and he's not playing well at his new club.It will be interesting to see what side Knill plays tomorrow as it seems the side played well on Saturday. This season the wide players have left the fullbacks exposed where they don't track back. This is why both fullbacks are not flavour of the month but this is down to poor management. I just hope Knill puts John in the side, one for one now McCallum has gone. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

arcadia wrote: The players try to addapt to the system Knill wants when he had four players up front and have struggled with it. He seems to be waking up to that fact as he has been changing the formation. Sometimes players cannot fit into a system like Fellaini at Man U. He was a different player at Everton because they played to his strengths and he's not playing well at his new club.It will be interesting to see what side Knill plays tomorrow as it seems the side played well on Saturday. This season the wide players have left the fullbacks exposed where they don't track back. This is why both fullbacks are not flavour of the month but this is down to poor management. I just hope Knill puts John in the side, one for one now McCallum has gone. :)

First point is pretty obvious to anyone although those full backs do themselves no favours when easily beaten one on one, the second however is just your opinion and is easily countered when looking at the personnel. People have been screaming for the manager to play Cruise over Nico, Nico might be slow but then Cruise has the positional sense of a feather in a split pillow case. The players need to take responsibility, it isn't all down to the manager.
Dave

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:
First point is pretty obvious to anyone although those full backs do themselves no favours when easily beaten one on one, the second however is just your opinion and is easily countered when looking at the personnel. People have been screaming for the manager to play Cruise over Nico, Nico might be slow but then Cruise has the positional sense of a feather in a split pillow case. The players need to take responsibility, it isn't all down to the manager.
I have not been one of the ones screaming, the manager has left the fullbacks exposed for too long, you look at the personel and you know that pace in certain areas is a problem so you've got to cover your weaknesses. There is no discipline in the side and that starts with the manager. I put this in a post a couple of months ago!
WiltshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WiltshireGull »

What i don't seriously comprehend is how people think my view about Knill and the fans at the end of the game is not morally right. It is the courteous and right thing to do. I am totally flabbergasted at anyone who thinks differently but perhaps i belong in a different era where i hold doors open for people to be met with thanks and not ignorance.[/quote]

I would agree with this were it true, as he got to away fans he was applauding along with the players, but himself was met with abuse and aggression right at the sides which IMO is too far, so subsequently stopped applauding, head down and into the tunnel . fair enough shout from the stands but up close like that was wrong from whoever it was. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe his manner is good for our club at all in the current state (a lot due to his management if that's what it is), but think bit unfairly treated on this occasion.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok apologies to everyone including Alan. Drama over, I've been made to look like an idiot so i'll ignore the fact that Knill shunned us at Fleetwood most certainly and I didn't see him at Wycombe because he had a more pressing matter of a talksport interview. Both times the dug out and players tunnel were a country mile away from the fans. Why shouldn't Knill get stick from the stands anyway? Have we all suddenly turned into saints or something? He 100% deserves it in my opinion and yes I concede that on this particular occasion he had a right to go straight down the tunnel given the levels of abuse but he has got form for it and therefore my point is still valid.