Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 12/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

13 Rice
02 Tonge 05 Pearce 29 O'Connor 30 Cargill
11 Cameron 07 Mansell 08 Harding 17 Goodwin
26 Benyon27 Coulthirst
4-4-2 Not great lineup and thrope is obviously in another roation of the squad. injured? no news on OS then again the hawley news isnt on there either..
Substitutes
01 Poke
04 Downes
10 Bodin
12 Chapell
14 Yeoman
20 Craig
23 Stevens
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Assuming Lathrope is injured, kudos to Hargreaves as that would be the formation and line up I would go for.

Rice
Tonge Pearce O'Connor Cargill
Harding Mansell
Coulthirst Goodwin Cameron
Benyon

With Goodwin (or perhaps Coulthirst) playing just off Benyon, we have a very direct, fast, attacking team - especially when you factor in the pace on both flanks too. Happy. Benyon has a big job today, I'm not sure if he's strong enough for it personally, but the rest of the team looks solid enough. Good to see Cargill finally get a chance.

The key for me is that we have more 'goalscorers' on the pitch than usual. Although Benyon hasn't been good this season, all 3 behind him are capable of taking a man on and unleashing a shot. I'd be telling them to shoot every time they get a good sight of goal. Even Harding can strike a ball.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

That said, my concerns are getting hold of the ball (can Harding and Mansell do it effectively?) and keeping hold of it (same two but I'll add in Benyon as the main forward...).

Midfield and Benyon have a lot to answer for and do today.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

taunton_gull wrote:Different time, different budget etc. etc. However, I would absolutely have Buckle back when you compare it to the rubbish we've been subjected to under Ling, Knill and now Hargreaves. It didn't work out for either party when he left and I just wonder as with Darren Ferguson and Peterborough, Chelsea and Mourinho - whether it is a combination which just fits. I was as angry as anyone with what he did and have referred to him as 'the snake' ever since but I think we could do a lot worse than him in the conference. For one thing you could guarantee there would be none of the favouritism in the dressing room we have all grown tired of. From the interview it sounds as though he would be keen on a return to management in the UK, I know CH will be under contract but if next season continues as this one has I'd take him back.
:goodpost:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Dutchgull wrote: :goodpost:
I would have buckle back. What he did for us I will always be thankful for. Yes he left badly but at the same time you cant blame him for wanting a new challenge.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

Here here on Buckle. I trust Hargreaves for now, but I'd have Buckle back in a flash despite his Machiavellian nature as a human being. He took no rubbish from anyone, no matter how senior or experienced. He knew how to buy a player too it must be said.
Brucie. 27/02/14
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Nearly a OG from Pearce...

Stray pass from manse :@
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Dagenham 0-1Portsmouth
Fleetwood 1-0 Morecambe

United playing 4-4-1-1
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

Who's central out of Goodwin and Coulthirst?
Brucie. 27/02/14
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yellowforever wrote:Assuming Lathrope is injured, kudos to Hargreaves as that would be the formation and line up I would go for.

Rice
Tonge Pearce O'Connor Cargill
Harding Mansell
Coulthirst Goodwin Cameron
Benyon

With Goodwin (or perhaps Coulthirst) playing just off Benyon, we have a very direct, fast, attacking team - especially when you factor in the pace on both flanks too. Happy. Benyon has a big job today, I'm not sure if he's strong enough for it personally, but the rest of the team looks solid enough. Good to see Cargill finally get a chance.

The key for me is that we have more 'goalscorers' on the pitch than usual. Although Benyon hasn't been good this season, all 3 behind him are capable of taking a man on and unleashing a shot. I'd be telling them to shoot every time they get a good sight of goal. Even Harding can strike a ball.
better late than never.

just.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

yellowforever wrote:Who's central out of Goodwin and Coulthirst?
Neither benyon is the coulthirst is behind him (according to the commentary)
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 12 Apr 2014, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Great challenge from cargill
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Its such a shame we are so far adrift, 5 points seperating 22nd to 13th
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

am I missing something here ,,,,,,,,, goalscorers on the pitch,,, what **** drugs are you on.
who are these goalscorers , 2 of our leading scorers DOWNES CHAPPLE , on the **** bench.
this manager is a tosser ,,, sooner he goes the better ....
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

all the players on the bench should be on the pitch ,, they are Torquay players ,, on our books ..
why play loanee players. and tossers ,,, mansell and benyon and harding all shite,,, wit a capital s.