Home Shirt at Sports Direct.com

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Is the whole shop franchised? Or just the deal with shirts and kits?

Anyone know if you can buy the dark navy jumper CH wore a lot?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'd like to know which idiot at the club thought white shorts would look good with the striped shirt?

Hate the home shirt because it has been a disaster every year we've worn stripes. I would much rather see a plain yellow shirt with blue trim and yellow or blue shorts.

I'm fairly certain we'll wear the stripes next season......and struggle. Then we'll change the shirt for a predominantly yellow one and will have a successful season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:I'd like to know which idiot at the club thought white shorts would look good with the striped shirt?

Hate the home shirt because it has been a disaster every year we've worn stripes. I would much rather see a plain yellow shirt with blue trim and yellow or blue shorts.

I'm fairly certain we'll wear the stripes next season......and struggle. Then we'll change the shirt for a predominantly yellow one and will have a successful season.
is that you chunkygull??? :rofl:

i honestly dont think we got relegated because we wore a stripey kit.........

we got relegated cos we were sh*t.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

No thats not me, but nice to see others have the same opinion! :)

All I can say is -

Its God damn jinxed I tells ya! :|

The shirt has grown on me a little, but it just doesnt work as a kit. Blue shorts would be a 1000 times better. Back to a proper yellow and blue kit next time hopefully. :nod:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

chunkygull wrote:No thats not me, but nice to see others have the same opinion! :)

All I can say is -

Its God damn jinxed I tells ya! :|

The shirt has grown on me a little, but it just doesnt work as a kit. Blue shorts would be a 1000 times better. Back to a proper yellow and blue kit next time hopefully. :nod:

I do love the yellow and white stripes. It is an iconic kit that barely any other team wears. But we have worn it in 5 different seasons now and other than one (99/00) we have either been relegated (twice) or escaped relegation on the last day (twice). There does appear to be a jinx attached to a shirt a lot of supporters love.

However, although we think it is unique - the original (Matchwinner 1991/92 season) was simply a template of a kit lots of other teams had. Exeter had a red & white version, Notts County and black and white version.

When the stripes returned, 'Superleague' made an exact replica of the original, and other than the collar, this years is pretty much the same. So 'superleague' and 'sondico' have both made copies of a template used over 20 years ago by a company called Matchwinner.

All with the same sort of depressing outcome.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The club shop have responded to this offer by dropping their prices accordingly.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 58687.aspx
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So, is this because we are getting a new shirt next season or is it just because we did s*** and they can't shift the stock?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Jeff wrote:So, is this because we are getting a new shirt next season or is it just because we did s*** and they can't shift the stock?
I doubt we will get new shirt next season, but obviously they had to react. I went to my local SD in Wigan and they looked clueless about the shirt, so got the away blue top on-line for £18(incl p and p). And even got a mega sized tea cup included, bargain and I prefer the blue kit to the new yellow I purchased last year from the on-line club shop for a whopping £48 quid
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It's somewhat galling, having paid £40 each, for the home and away ,and £25 each for the kids version of each, knowing that having paid £130, they are all now available for less than £44. I feel like buying them again, in the next size up for the kids...