6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

OllieGull wrote:Agree with most of this bar Downes and Chapell, Downes is experienced and he's done relatively well at this level, should easily do a job in the conference, and Chapell has shown a lot of potential especially since he's our top scorer! Also what about Pearce? If he's not transfer listed will he be staying or will he be released?
Still got a year left on his deal, why sell him? We never re invest the money. Take Olejnic, O'Kane and Ellis for example. That's when we started struggling, because we never spent the money
We'll be back...
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

sam_ wrote: Still got a year left on his deal, why sell him? We never re invest the money. Take Olejnic, O'Kane and Ellis for example. That's when we started struggling, because we never spent the money
I wouldn't have thought we'd be able to pay his wages, didn't have a feeling he'd particularly want to play in the conference either but if he stays it's good news!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

OllieGull wrote: I wouldn't have thought we'd be able to pay his wages, didn't have a feeling he'd particularly want to play in the conference either but if he stays it's good news!
Personally, I'd rather pay him what he wants, instead of having another player
We'll be back...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I'm guessing the released/offered new deals will follow tomorrow or shortly after
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

Presumably.
We'll be back...
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I mostly agree with the players listed, although I am also surprised Harding is not on it as well. I know he had a bad injury but even before that I can't say I was remotely impressed with him even if he started to show promise in one or two games. I imagine he is also on a fairly decent contract. It is quite embarrassing for CH to have to put one of his own signings in Cooper on the list, useful player that he may have been in the past I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would take him now. It must also be unique for a club to make its top scorer for the season in Chapell available for transfer. I'm not quite sure what has gone on and why Hargreaves doesn't like him but it is a real shame as he was one of the few who showed any real quality before Christmas and we all know what he is capable of. Sadly I think there's a good chance we will be lumbered with a few of these which will undoubtedly make the manager's job a lot harder. That's why I don't have any expectations ahead of next season and will just be glad to stay away from trouble although I am not completely convinced of that at this stage.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It could be that a few players actually wanted to leave the club.. Some people find it very difficult to get used to the kind of tropical heat and monsoon weather we get at Plainmoor..
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oh dear - Harding not one of the six, then. Just hope he shows a lot more effort and commitment in the Conference .......
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

No surprise. Nicho's confirmed on Twitter that he's gone.
TUST member 203
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

tomogull wrote:Oh dear - Harding not one of the six, then. Just hope he shows a lot more effort and commitment in the Conference .......
he got promoted with aldershot so you never know
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Very disappointed Jordan Chapell listed. I wonder if CH has studied the video tapes of his early season play.

I predict Jordan will go on to have a good career. I cannot understand this decision.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Watch Jordan chappell recently and you wonder really how he was a footballer in the first place
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Release Chapple and keep Stevens? :slap:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Not bothered about Chapel going. Said it many times, looks tricky and can beat a player but distribution poor.
TUST MEMBER
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

could be a case of shaking them up in pre season, if they think their careers are over then the may all buck the f up!!

personally i'd have kept chaps, craig and downsey, but said bye to benyon nicho and stevens instead
still keeping the faith