Conference 14/15

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

? Do easy Jet fly to Newcastle from Exeter?[/quote

no
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

There is a flight to and from there - I believe its Flybe from Exeter, and EasyJet from Bristol for flights to Newcastle.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Yeah that's correct, I know as someone in work does this journey quite a lot. I joined her once and we missed the flight (had to get a hire car, man it's a long drive!).
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahaha, I see what Nina's doing. If she tells people there's no flight, they might book a cab all the way there and back. You're a genius of the highest order.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DelWTS
New Signing
New Signing

Post by DelWTS »

season 14/15 will be a tough one. But be rest assured
Tufc will return at the first time of asking.
We will be visiting some not so nice grounds
Which should make us appreciate the tufc ground
Plainmoor. Let it be known As the TQ1 stadium.
Everyone can make this happen. No matter
Who you are. Or what you do.
Del
Enjoy what I believe to be our promotion year
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

DelWTS wrote:season 14/15 will be a tough one. But be rest assured
Tufc will return at the first time of asking.
We will be visiting some not so nice grounds
Which should make us appreciate the tufc ground
Plainmoor. Let it be known As the TQ1 stadium.
Everyone can make this happen. No matter
Who you are. Or what you do.
Del
Enjoy what I believe to be our promotion year
Leave those drugs alone ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Southampton Gull wrote: Leave those drugs alone ;-)
... And then give me some shortly after. :scarf:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

not trying to mislead anyone, but I can't find any details of flights to Newcastle on Exeter Airport website. Maybe the flights will resume in the autumn ? But if anyone wants to book a taxi with me, I'll certainly consider it (might need a Red Bull on two on the return journey !)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No disrespect to Gateshead but they have come within a whisker of getting promoted on pretty poor gates really.
Says it all really - obviously good for us that Cambridge have gone up.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:No disrespect to Gateshead but they have come within a whisker of getting promoted on pretty poor gates really.
Says it all really - obviously good for us that Cambridge have gone up.
Is that someone attempting to relate success on the pitch directly with attendances? Sorry, I seem to have wandered onto the Bristol Rovers forum...

Portsmouth had average attendances greater than over half the Championship, including 5th placed Wigan and 2nd placed Burnley. Relegated Bristol Rovers (I might never tire of typing that) got more through the door every week than Champions Chesterfield.

Portsmouth had 14.9% (355,602 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance for all of L2 last year, despite representing just 4.16% (1 of 24) of the clubs in the division. They garnered just 3.99% (59 of 1480) of the total points scored and 42.75% (59 of 138) of the maximum number of points that they could have scored.

Contrast this with Accrington. They had 1.55% (36,928 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance. They too represent 4.16% (1 of 24) of the division. They managed to pick up 3.85% (57 of 1480) the total points scored and 41.3% (57 of 138) the theoretical maximum.

Champions Chesterfield had 6.07% (144,409 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance. They, of course, are 4.16% (1 of 24) of the division. They managed 56.76% (84 of 1480) of the total points and 60.87% (84 of 138) of the max.

Relegated Bristol Rovers (there's that phrase again) had 6.18% (147,672 of 2,387,852) of the attendees. They're 4.16% of the division (1 of 24). They managed 33.78% (50 of 1480) of the total points and 36.23% of the max.

Portsmouth were watched by as many people every fortnight as Accrington were all season. That earned them 2 extra points. Rovers went down having enticed 0.11% more spectators than Chesterfield, who won the division.

In terms of average attendance league table position versus actual league table position, we see the following:

Fleetwood + 18
Rochdale + 16
Dagenham + 14
Burton + 14
Accrington + 9
Scunny + 7
Morecambe +4
Bury + 4
Mansfield + 4
Chesterfield + 3
York + 3
Cheltenham +/- 0
Newport +/- 0
Southend +/- 0
Oxford - 2
Torquay - 3
Exeter - 4
Hartlepool - 8
Argyle - 8
Wycombe - 9
AFCW - 12
Pompey - 12
AC Cobblers - 14
Rovers - 20

Having a look at that, it's crashingly obvious that, in terms of spending power, Rovers, Cobblers and Pompey were the worst sides by a country mile. No, attendances don't mean a fig in real terms, but you've got to believe that a lot of the players in those sides are earning silly money (JJ O' Pikey for four grand a week, anyone?) on the back of those attendances and, really, if you're fleecing almost 7000 people/week of their hard earned and giving it, by the truckload, to players, there ought to be a decent return on their investment.

Bored now...

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote: Is that someone attempting to relate success on the pitch directly with attendances? Sorry, I seem to have wandered onto the Bristol Rovers forum...

Portsmouth had average attendances greater than over half the Championship, including 5th placed Wigan and 2nd placed Burnley. Relegated Bristol Rovers (I might never tire of typing that) got more through the door every week than Champions Chesterfield.

Portsmouth had 14.9% (355,602 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance for all of L2 last year, despite representing just 4.16% (1 of 24) of the clubs in the division. They garnered just 3.99% (59 of 1480) of the total points scored and 42.75% (59 of 138) of the maximum number of points that they could have scored.

Contrast this with Accrington. They had 1.55% (36,928 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance. They too represent 4.16% (1 of 24) of the division. They managed to pick up 3.85% (57 of 1480) the total points scored and 41.3% (57 of 138) the theoretical maximum.

Champions Chesterfield had 6.07% (144,409 of 2,387,852) of the total attendance. They, of course, are 4.16% (1 of 24) of the division. They managed 56.76% (84 of 1480) of the total points and 60.87% (84 of 138) of the max.

Relegated Bristol Rovers (there's that phrase again) had 6.18% (147,672 of 2,387,852) of the attendees. They're 4.16% of the division (1 of 24). They managed 33.78% (50 of 1480) of the total points and 36.23% of the max.

Portsmouth were watched by as many people every fortnight as Accrington were all season. That earned them 2 extra points. Rovers went down having enticed 0.11% more spectators than Chesterfield, who won the division.

In terms of average attendance league table position versus actual league table position, we see the following:

Fleetwood + 18
Rochdale + 16
Dagenham + 14
Burton + 14
Accrington + 9
Scunny + 7
Morecambe +4
Bury + 4
Mansfield + 4
Chesterfield + 3
York + 3
Cheltenham +/- 0
Newport +/- 0
Southend +/- 0
Oxford - 2
Torquay - 3
Exeter - 4
Hartlepool - 8
Argyle - 8
Wycombe - 9
AFCW - 12
Pompey - 12
AC Cobblers - 14
Rovers - 20

Having a look at that, it's crashingly obvious that, in terms of spending power, Rovers, Cobblers and Pompey were the worst sides by a country mile. No, attendances don't mean a fig in real terms, but you've got to believe that a lot of the players in those sides are earning silly money (JJ O' Pikey for four grand a week, anyone?) on the back of those attendances and, really, if you're fleecing almost 7000 people/week of their hard earned and giving it, by the truckload, to players, there ought to be a decent return on their investment.

Bored now...

Matt.
Terrific post and of course the attendances mask other issues, such as Fleetwood's heavy financial backing and Pompey on the brink of liquidation but it does just show what a fantastic manager Keith Hill must be, having achieved promotion twice with Rochdale.

I see that Bury are being heavily tipped to win League 2 next year, on the basis of their owners, I should think, not their attendances.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I might chuck 50p on Bury to win the league and another on Lowe for golden boot. A quid each way on both looks like a license to print... About 25p, I should imagine.

Matt.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

ferrarilover wrote:I might chuck 50p on Bury to win the league and another on Lowe for golden boot. A quid each way on both looks like a license to print... About 25p, I should imagine.

Matt.

plus your stake back Matt of course.............. =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahahaha, yeah, you're quite right. 75p, drinks are on me, lads!

Matt.