Lathrope to Aldershot?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

I am honestly gob smacked by this - but maybe willing to concede that the results for the season showed that having him in the team didn't work. I have a feeling he will be sorely missed but hope that his replacement will is better and will also score a few goals too. Best of luck mate at the Shots.
+mustard+
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by +mustard+ »

This is the time to start worrying when a player is leaving to join Aldershot. The season is just six weeks away and who have we signed.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

+mustard+ wrote:This is the time to start worrying when a player is leaving to join Aldershot. The season is just six weeks away and who have we signed.
I wouldn't worry yet, there is plenty of time and I'm sure CH has many irons in many fires

Lathrope going to Aldershot, well, meh. Clear average player. On a smaller budget we need players who can do a multitude of things. Lathrope is very 1 dimensional, 1 position in 1 system. With him and LM gone we have budget to sign at least another CM and hopefully CH can get something out of Harding, who knows?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If Pearce was joining Aldershot I would start worrying but Lathrope? - come on. Who would you seriously rather have Luke Young or Lathrope?
Granted there might be only six weeks to the start of the season but lets not forget that we have the nucleus of a side this time around not like the last time we were in the conference.
We may not be able to offload some of the higher earners but even with the freeloaders on board we should be able to hold our own in this league at least.
Far early to start panicking yet surely.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:If Pearce was joining Aldershot I would start worrying but Lathrope? - come on. Who would you seriously rather have Luke Young or Lathrope?
Granted there might be only six weeks to the start of the season but lets not forget that we have the nucleus of a side this time around not like the last time we were in the conference.
We may not be able to offload some of the higher earners but even with the freeloaders on board we should be able to hold our own in this league at least.
Brucie you seem positive, nice one mate. Hawley might just fire in the conference. The midfield was a shambles last season and now we have lost the chuckle brothers ( manse/nicho) or the twins , the team can progress. But we do need a striker , come on CH in I trust
Lucy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:If Pearce was joining Aldershot I would start worrying but Lathrope? - come on. Who would you seriously rather have Luke Young or Lathrope?
This times a billion.

It's not even July yet for crying out loud! Of bloody course it's too early to panic. If Tezza's got the right answer before you, you're far too slow.

We've got plenty of players coming in tomorrow morning. I suspect, barring a loanee or two, that virtually the whole squad will be at Seale Hayne for day one. We haven't heard about them by name for various reasons, but they're there alright.

Everyone be cool.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie, although I am not panicking yet.
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

Not too bothered about Lathrope, think he was on more money than he was worth (saw him blitzing round watcombe heights in a brand new Mercedes SLK), he seemed to lose his spark over the last couple seasons. In terms of signing players I'm sure there's plenty to come our way- and Mansell/Nicho leaving the club will do us good, force some new leaders into being.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

That'll be the Merc SLK that he leases on the footballers rate of about £200/month.
Those we can't afford are listed. We can afford about £500/week. I'd hardly call £26,000/year more than it's worth for the best defensive midfielder in the division.

Matt.
+mustard+
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by +mustard+ »

ferrarilover wrote:That'll be the Merc SLK that he leases on the footballers rate of about £200/month.
Those we can't afford are listed. We can afford about £500/week. I'd hardly call £26,000/year more than it's worth for the best defensive midfielder in the division.

Matt.
I think your learning
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

+mustard+ wrote: I think your learning
Just a shame YOU'RE not.

If you're going to play the role of patronising know-it-all, the key is to actually know more than the person you're attempting to patronise, otherwise this happens and you look a right muppet.

Better luck next time.

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I thought Lathrope would have been an excellent foil for Young - doing the dirty work, which allows Young to play the football. On paper that looks like a good combination to me, because whilst Lathrope is limited, he's plenty good enough at this level. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get someone of similar quality...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I think we've already got him.

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

ferrarilover wrote:I think we've already got him.

Matt.
I look forward to finding out who it is.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ah, sorry, you're going to be disappointed, I was referring to Cooper, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing about which to be excited. Are you planning on attending on Saturday?

Matt.