Dorchester Friendly - Sat 12th July

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm universally known as Matt in the Hat. It'll have been me. Which one were you?

I think Ives'll look better as a winger, rather than a full back.

Matt.
I was about 20 foot to your left short guy wearing a dark blue gulls polo shirt and shorts. Stood against barrier at the front.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Courtney Baker-Richards was woeful. Chappell look good, so did Pearce, Downes and Niall made a few good runs. Number 20 (can't spell his last name, Toby something) was class.

Cameron was okay in the first half, he seems to do the hard part but lets himself down with the end product. The left back? Ives? He wasn't as good as he was against Totnes. Yeoman was totally ineffective. Harding was okay, the tall gangily black bloke had a good touch and surprisingly had some pace, about it. Sully seemed useful. Looks determined on and off the ball.

After watching our two friendlies, I think we're going the right way, it's good progress and we need to try and sign '20' ASAP!!
The most accurate post in forum history. Word perfect. If you want an exactly representative idea of what happened today, this is it.

Yeovil, I saw you, and, for some reason, assumed you were a home fan. Belated greetings of the season to you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by yeovilgull »

Should've gone to Specsavers Matt. Bloody great yellow seagull crest on my shirt. Next time I see the hat I will say hello. Good to put a face to your posts and unusually, not that different to how I imagined you.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I know, I do need to see someone about my abject blindness.

Not sure how to feel about looking like you thought I would. Offended, I guess :@

Matt.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

supergulls wrote: Creggs trial is over he has gone home.
Creggs gone home? he has no home. Don't think they would call it a day before the trail period is over. Maybe saved for Yeovil game - if not on team sheet, then he has gone. Shame, think it would have been a huge asset but maybe not enough pace for CH new young warriors.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

I must have been at a different match because I felt when 17 and 20! Game on we showed much more speed and high tempo
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Mellow - take it from about half a dozen people who know, he's gone.

Briddy - we did show more pace as you suggest, but it was purely coincidental that the upping in tempo coincided with the introduction of 17. Correlation and causation are different things. I suspect this was masked, because the real causation (Thommo, Chaps and 20) were introduced contemporaneously with 17.

Matt.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

ferrarilover wrote:Mellow - take it from about half a dozen people who know, he's gone.

Briddy - we did show more pace as you suggest, but it was purely coincidental that the upping in tempo coincided with the introduction of 17. Correlation and causation are different things. I suspect this was masked, because the real causation (Thommo, Chaps and 20) were introduced contemporaneously with 17.

Matt.
Matt, try eating cereal instead of a dictionary for breakfast would you ? Even I'm struggling with the vocabulary this early on a Sunday ! (Did have an extremely demanding day yesterday, in fairness ) ;-) ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

did Courtney Richards play yesterday as theres no match report on the website or the team? Also looks like Cureton is re-signing for Cheltenham strange one that
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by yeovilgull »

Bridportgull wrote:I must have been at a different match because I felt when 17 and 20! Game on we showed much more speed and high tempo
Probably also helped by tiring Dorchester players. Surprisingly they made relatively few changes during the game resulting in several of their team playing 90 mins in their first pre season game.

Of the trialists yesterday, I'd be happy with Angus and 20, wasn't keen on the guy up front first half alongside Yeoman. On reflection 17 was ok, mobile and got into scoring positions, just needs some heading practice :goal: . May be worth another game or two against better opposition.

I've a sneaky feeling we may be seeing a couple of long term loanees coming in.(Cargill being one hopefully).

Matt, sorry if I upset you, wasn't intended even if you did think I was a Dorch. I'm sure you will get over it and be able to move on to bigger insults as the new season progresses. :)
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by yeovilgull »

One of our guys picked up a booking yesterday, anyone know what the rules are regarding this and whether they carry forward into the season?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

yeovilgull wrote: Probably also helped by tiring Dorchester players. Surprisingly they made relatively few changes during the game resulting in several of their team playing 90 mins in their first pre season game.

Of the trialists yesterday, I'd be happy with Angus and 20, wasn't keen on the guy up front first half alongside Yeoman. On reflection 17 was ok, mobile and got into scoring positions, just needs some heading practice :goal: . May be worth another game or two against better opposition.

I've a sneaky feeling we may be seeing a couple of long term loanees coming in.(Cargill being one hopefully).

Matt, sorry if I upset you, wasn't intended even if you did think I was a Dorch. I'm sure you will get over it and be able to move on to bigger insults as the new season progresses. :)
You certainly did not upset me. TaxiLady on the other hand... :'(

I also think that Scargill will be returning. We have lost Nico, not given Cruise a real contract and haven't got a LB in on trial. He's got something up his sleeve, that nice Mr Hargreaves.

I think your point about tiring Dorchester is perfectly valid. They did make surprisingly few changes. Maybe they haven't got enough players fit and available?

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

shepchenko10 wrote:did Courtney Richards play yesterday as theres no match report on the website or the team? Also looks like Cureton is re-signing for Cheltenham strange one that
Yes he did and he did well again. Got himself booked for the second of two 'full blooded' challenges in the space of 5 minutes. Sounds silly, but he might be the replacement for Manse in that role.

Bookings in friendlies do NOT count towards real games:

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/20 ... sions.aspx

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

BayGull wrote:Image
Is that a woman at no.19 for Dorchester?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If that is the type of player he is (full blooded) then this is exactly what we are missing in the midfield currently. Could this guy be the perfect foil for Young?
Perhaps the fact he is still here and Cregg is not suggests CH thinks he might be the answer?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/