Credit where credit is due..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I'm with you Gullscorer, there have been and are a number of successful young managers as well as older ones and age is no bar.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Isn't it funny how we seem to remember things differently. I thought Marsh looked completely uninspired under Cox's management, and the fact that he only played one full game under Cox underlined for me that Cox didn't have much faith in him either. Whereas under Nico's management we saw Marsh come alive and show us just what a good player he could be. I rather blamed Nico for managing him too well, to the extent that he'd improved Marsh so much that Dover came in with a lucrative offer to the player which young Marsh viewed as too good to turn down.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

midtable wrote:Kev is doing well and we hope we stay up but assessments of his strengths and weaknesses will have to wait for the end of the season. Statistically, he took us to to the lowest position in our history. Admittedly, the team was not his but a decent manager should be able to inspire any team. Remember all those games where he picked himself and Dan Butler was wasted in covering up for his lack of pace? Anyway, he is doing a cracking job at the moment, a great ambassador for the club and a nice guy. The only was is up.
Whilst I would agree that good managers manage bad attitudes, they usually only have one or maybe two to deal with, not half a squads worth. As for Nicho playing himself, there was a paucity of left-sided options when he turned up and a lack of any level-headed experience to call upon, it was a case of needs must.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The credit has got to go to Nicholson for improving McDonald he's been consistent and our best player through the run we've had. Team spirit has returned which comes from a few good results.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

+1 for Gullscorer. Nicholson knew right from the start that there were at least half a dozen players in that squad who wanted out and had no interest in doing what he wanted.

I prefer to judge him on how he's done with his own team and there is no doubt he has an eye for a player even with little or no funds available. He's made very good signings with the help of the Board and with a bit more money to spend I'm convinced he could turn us into a good side.

Good managers often fail with players but they can usually drop them and choose from 20 other squad members, Nico had next to nothing to work with so it's no surprise to me that we ended up adrift at one point. He's turned it around so he deserves all the credit he can get.

arcadia wrote:The credit has got to go to Nicholson for improving McDonald he's been consistent and our best player through the run we've had. Team spirit has returned which comes from a few good results.

Very good point, the team spirit is there for all to see now.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com