Retain or Release?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

NickGull wrote:Don't be silly, Royal. Bradford are the same size club as us!!
Agreed. No idea why Moyes has left Everton they are the same as Man Utd. In the same league afterall. :nod:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is right.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Back to the point though and I actually agree with a lot of brucie's post to be fair, we had too many sub standard not contributing players in our squad and a club liek us simply can't afford that.

Agree with Knill's thinking we need 14/15 first teamers who can contribute and the other bits and pieces we need can be loans and youth team players like Yeoman/Thompson/McKenzie who can fill in at times. I also completely agree that giving Morris 6 months was barmy and I can't work out the logic and if Craig hadn't been given another year (also barmy) he too would and should be a gonner.

However we've got a bit of recruiting to do and it'll be interesting to see the type of calibre player Knill can recruit. i would say we need at least one RB, a CB, a CM, 2 Wingers and at least 1 probably 2 strikers when Howe goes.

That's a long list on a small budget. Good luck!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We need two right backs really, cover in every position and all that. The CM is Craig, so that's that sorted. One of the strikers is Benyon, the other only needs to get 9 real goals this year to match Rene's contribution, that's not much of an ask. The wingers are the problem, they are sought after and good ones are rare. Hoping Knilly can go up the divisions and take some talent from up there. Unless he fancies raiding Cheltenham Town who always seem to have more pacy wingers than they might reasonably be able to use.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

think knill has his lists pretty much spot on - tho i am gutted for joe who i always liked
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I very much doubt any of the players released will be playing League football next season. That in itself will be proof that every decision was the correct one. I might have kept Joe as a squad filler, but apart from that I make the new man spot on in every respect.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

on the plus side glad to see tommy cruise get offerd a new deal - could push nico close next season
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

TBH I'm hoping that Thomas is our no. 1 LB, with Nicho as cover. Much as I like Nicho, I think Tom is the way to go.

Sorry Nicho.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Knill has already been scouting at a Man U Under 21 game this week and is aiming to sign two young long-term loan players before the start of next season- previous links to Man U and Everton might come in here(according to WMN today)
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

royalgull wrote:Bradford want Howe as well apparently.
If that's true, he'd be silly to go to them as he'll most likely warm the bench. They already have a prolific goal scorer in Nakhi Wells.
TUST member 203
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

The sheer plucking arrogance of these Argyle fans. Spend millions of other people's money, pretend you haven't spent it, then carry on spending as if there was no limit. Sign everybody, no worries. Jeez!!!!

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic. ... 6f63126e0f
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Knill has already been scouting at a Man U Under 21 game this week and is aiming to sign two young long-term loan players before the start of next season- previous links to Man U and Everton might come in here(according to WMN today)
Got a link, Guv'nor?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Knill has already been scouting at a Man U Under 21 game this week and is aiming to sign two young long-term loan players before the start of next season- previous links to Man U and Everton might come in here(according to WMN today)
Excellent, excellent, excellent......good, well done!

Monday 6th. May

M.U. under 21s (own goal) 1-1 Liverpool under 21 ( Jon Jo Shelvey ) *

* If we get him shall we all have a wip round & get him a wooly hat ? poor guy suffers from alopecia :) :scarf: :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wodger of awabia wrote:
Excellent, excellent, excellent......good, well done!

Monday 6th. May

M.U. under 21s (own goal) 1-1 Liverpool under 21 ( Jon Jo Shelvey ) *

* If we get him shall we all have a wip round & get him a wooly hat ? poor guy suffers from alopecia :) :scarf: :scarf:
as well as being an ugly sh*t"! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:

He reminds me of Gonzo from the muppet show.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.