The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

What a clown!!

He is right everyone else is wrong. I already know of a company locally who were expanding and planning to move to bigger premises put this on hold after the result last friday. And other organisations who are laying people off. On top of this good hardworking europeans doing jobs which no english people want are feeling victimised and have been in tears. While this idiot is gloating in Brussels.

M
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

S4fedr1ve wrote:What a clown!!
So it looks like he'll end up as Prime Minister after the next General Election, then.. :)
S4fedr1ve wrote:He is right everyone else is wrong. I already know of a company locally who were expanding and planning to move to bigger premises put this on hold after the result last friday. And other organisations who are laying people off. On top of this good hardworking europeans doing jobs which no english people want are feeling victimised and have been in tears. While this idiot is gloating in Brussels.
So that's all his fault then? Not the result of all the scaremongering tactics of Remainiacs during the Referendum campaign..?? :@
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

S4fedr1ve wrote:What a clown!!

M
S4fedr1ve is right, he is a clown, in fact he is positively dangerous to this country. Britain's future prosperity is now entirely in the hands of the EU more than it was before the referendum. They have the power to decide how we are going to be able to trade with Europe and it is not going to do us any favours by antagonising them. And don't say we can survive without them, no we can't. We have to trade with Europe in order to survive. We joined the EU in the first place because we couldn't compete with them outside the single market.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Sorry I'm not interested whose fault it is. David Cameron for having a referendum in the first place, Jeremy Corbyn for his inability to show any passion to remain, Boris or gove or those sad individuals who felt by voting out all of those foreigners will be sent home and no more let in. What I'm talking about is that lives are already being affected by the outcome of the vote and we have a leader of a political party going to Brussels and gloating about this because he won.well woopy do , Pathetic

M
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

What absolute nonsense. Every sentence in Plainmoor78's post is wrong.

To take the last one first: In 1973 Britain was taken into what was then the EEC (European Economic Community) without the consent of the British people, who in 1975 were hoodwinked into voting to remain in that organisation, not because we couldn't compete with it but because the people were led to believe it would be to their advantage. Follow the links at the end of this post for further information, or do your own homework.

Doesn't anybody read the news? Inside the EU, the UK has an enormous trade deficit with the countries of that organisation, whereas we have an excellent trade surplus with the rest of the world. It was actually David Cameron who said we can survive outside the EU. But we won't just survive outside the EU, we will thrive. We will negotiate new trade terms with the EU from a position of strength. Even if there is no trade deal and we trade under WTO rules, we shall still be better off outside the EU.

The EU has only the power of the bully, and, as Nigel Farage says, the British people will not be bullied. We do not need a single market which has been proved to be to our disadvantage, nor do we need the free movement of labour and people (which is nothing more than another step towards an EU superstate). No other trade area in the world, no other country, requires free movement of people in order to form trade agreements, either with each other or with the EU, nor do any of them require political union. The EU actually puts up trade barriers between its member states and the rest of the world. It's own economy is in chaos, its Euro currency has failed, everywhere you look, from its demographic aims, its handling of the refugee and terrorism problems, its anti-democratic nature, its trend towards its ultimate aim of a totalitarian superstate, the EU project has failed, and more countries will follow the UK out of the EU as it begins to completely break up.

As for the assertion by S4fedr1ve that lives are already being affected by the outcome of the referendum vote, this too is nonsense. The volatility of the money markets and business decisions taken since the referendum are entirely the result of speculations and manipulations of banks, hedge funds, and financial power brokers, and the fears and emotions of business people gullible enough to be taken in by 'project fear' and too timid to rely on whatever entrepreneurial skills they possess. For that, you can blame the Remainiacs, not the Brexiters. And it is the Remainiacs, not the Brexiters, who continue to reject the democratic will of the people and who continue to divide the country with their ideological pro-EU insanity.

Britain's future prosperity is now entirely in its own hands, more than it ever was before the referendum. And there is only one sensible politician truly representative of the mass of British people, who can save this country and lead it towards a prosperous future outside the EU. That man is Nigel Farage, and I predict his UKIP party will make massive, massive gains in the next general election.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/living-h ... opean-act/
http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm
http://www.vernoncoleman.com/howthebritishmedia.htm
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Well time will tell on all of this. Just remember though the time will come if we are up s##t creek without a paddle that you can no longer keep blaming those who campaigned to remain in Europe(sorry not sure what the word remaniac means) for how things are turning out. More of a concern to me as my partner and friends are Eastern European is the way they are being made to feel. Im afraid that ukip and there gloating leader although probably not deliberately are stirring up a lot of hatred towards them among a percentage of the population. This makes me ashamed to be English. As for them gaining seats at the next election well again time will tell. I would predict not though.

These are my views I may not write as eloquently and easily as some here but I am angry so em probably just trying to get things off my chest

M
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

All opinions are welcome, M. I just happen to believe your anger is misconceived, as is the fear of your European friends.

There were three main issues on which the decision to leave the EU were based: the economy, sovereignty/democracy, and immigration. I believe on all three counts the evidence in favour of leaving the EU is overwhelming, but I shall focus here on the third:

Mass immigration has caused the UK population to increase twice as fast as the rest of Europe for the last decade. Overall, the population of the UK grew by just over 491,100 to 64,596,800 in the year to June 2014. It is predicted to reach 70 million over the next ten years. This rate of population growth is unsustainable.

But if people have understandable concerns over immigration, it does not mean that they are anti-immigrant. It means they want the UK to control the levels and rates of immigration. Migrants should not be fearful simply because a majority of people voted to leave the EU. I have Bangladeshi friends (now UK citizens) who voted ‘Leave’. There will always be an extreme minority, in every country, who fear foreigners; that minority was here long before the referendum. And it is reported that a few Brexit campaigners have received threats and abuse from a small number of pro-EU campaigners. Sadly, modern society seems to have drifted away from traditional political discourse towards a divisive intolerance, and this is somewhat more noticeable in students and young people, perhaps due to social media.

Your friends should disregard 'project fear' and the scaremongering of Remain campaigners during the referendum. They are not going to be thrown out of the UK, and they will not be discriminated against, least of all by UKIP and its members. UKIP is a democratic, libertarian party. In paragraph 2.4 of its constitution, the party states:

2.4 In pursuit of these objectives the Party will at all times adhere to the principle of full equality before the law. The Party shall conduct itself and its affairs in such a way that it does not discriminate against or in favour of any person on the grounds of their race, religion, ethnic origin, education, beliefs, sexual orientation, class, social status, sectarianism or any other basis prescribed by law. Further the Party shall at all times adhere to the principles of the rule of law, liberty, democracy and respect for the human rights and the essential, traditional freedoms of the people of the United Kingdom and those under the protection of the United Kingdom.

And on the membership application:

By applying for membership of UKIP, I agree:*
To abide by the UKIP Constitution and the Terms and Conditions of Membership (available here).
I am not and have never been a member of the British National Party, National Front, British Freedom Party, British People's Party, English Defence League, Britain First or the UK First Party.
UKIP reserves the right to reject applications or terminate memberships if these criteria are not met.

I wish your friends well, and I hope this helps to assuage their fears. To have concerns regarding levels of immigration is not to be anti-immigrant. And to want to leave the EU is not to be anti-European. Europe and the EU are separate entities, and I have no doubt that a post-Brexit UK will continue to trade and to co-operate with its friends in Europe for the benefit of all. Furthermore, there is a whole world out there soon to open up new opportunities for the UK in terms of trade and friendship and a more prosperous future, rather than (in global terms) a diminishing regional trading block which has ambitions to be a political union.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We really do not need the EU to survive, project fear is still very much alive, and the uncertainty is being drawn out to show us naughty people who didn't obey, and fall for it, just how wrong we were, not going to claim I fully understand the markets, but they are recovering, and look at this, it seems they could be queuing up to deal with a free Britain.

http://heatst.com/uk/11-countries-geari ... h-britain/
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://www.infowars.com/mexican-preside ... co-canada/

The North American Union we all know is coming .............................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Well well well, bitter and twisted Remainiacs have appeared after the fact and voted to alter the result of the forum poll. Read it and weep: Remainiacs LOST.

In the USA, common parlance for a "right turn" translates as "hang a right". In the "Every Which Way" films featuring the characters Philo Beddoe and the hairy arse called Clyde, the personality in the passenger seat often receives the instruction to "hang a right". In the United Kingdom, motorists drive on the "right" side of the road.

Privileged to be a Brexiteer
Privileged to be in the passenger seat on the "right" side of the road
Privileged to be in the field hanging lefties

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Cracker Pat and the neo Hitler Youth :

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote:
In the USA, common parlance for a "right turn" translates as "hang a right". In the "Every Which Way" films featuring the characters Philo Beddoe and the hairy arse called Clyde, the personality in the passenger seat often receives the instruction to "hang a right".

Actually the line was "Right turn, Clyde" ;-)
Dave