Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote:Been in the same boat this week mate. Feel like crap but lucky for me I've been able to do some work sat on my arse and still pulled in some money. Chesty cough, damned migraine blocked nose and sneezes that could reach the outer atmosphere. Also feeling weaker than Trojan on a potty ;-)
Now that made I ..... :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

i'm in the opposite camp here fellas. As a qualified biological scientist i find bacteria and viral infections fascinating and more intelligent than many people. A viral cell has no nucleus and can reproduce itself faster than than most of Hull but it 'knows' exactly what it's doing. It has exploited a niche and is living life to the full, a bit like Simon Cowell except when he comes on the box i'd happily exchange watching him for a severe dose of swine flu. I've had my fair share of illnesses believe me and it's shite but they truly are amazing, adaptable and resilient and if you believe God 'invented' them you must be insane.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:i'm in the opposite camp here fellas. As a qualified biological scientist i find bacteria and viral infections fascinating and more intelligent than many people. A viral cell has no nucleus and can reproduce itself faster than than most of Hull but it 'knows' exactly what it's doing. It has exploited a niche and is living life to the full, a bit like Simon Cowell except when he comes on the box i'd happily exchange watching him for a severe dose of swine flu. I've had my fair share of illnesses believe me and it's shite but they truly are amazing, adaptable and resilient and if you believe God 'invented' them you must be insane.

doubt that very much..... =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Anyway, women who slim down before their weddings, whats that all about? "I don't want to be a 'big' [1] bride" they say.
But everyone and their whippet/lurcher knows full well the day after the wedding the diet sheet :rules: will go out of the window and the stones will pile back on, so what's the point in the first place? :Z :red:

[1] big=fat :-/
Hmmph. Maybe to have one day in our lives where we are not utterly ashamed of our ginormousness and don't feel the urge to smash a camera everytime one is pointed at us. :no:

Just maybe....

Didn't work for me anyway. I was a 'big' bride. :'(
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HRG wrote: Hmmph. Maybe to have one day in our lives where we are not utterly ashamed of our ginormousness and don't feel the urge to smash a camera everytime one is pointed at us. :no:

Just maybe....

did like the way you meandered into that HRG...... :|

thing is, emet can be slightly harsh! =D

size is just a size.............. ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Ha, I know. I've read one or two of his posts before! I find Emet an entertaining character round these here parts.

What can I say, I'm a sleep deprived fat bird suffering from grumpyness induced by a self inflicted chocolate/ice cream/cake/alcohol/everything nice restriction.

:lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
doubt that very much..... =D

Ok nearly most of Hull but deffo all of Barnsley :O
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

HRG wrote: Hmmph. Maybe to have one day in our lives where we are not utterly ashamed of our ginormousness and don't feel the urge to smash a camera everytime one is pointed at us. :no:

Just maybe....

Whoooooh, calm down, I'm hardly silth-like myself at 17st+ :-o (I am 6'2" and large framed, so not a massive amount over) , I just don't get wanting to change for just one day. Either do it permanently (for health reasons if nothing else) or not at all. And please, please don't blame hormones or underactive/overactive glands. Its no coincidence that Americans are the fattest people on earth while many African/Asian countries are the thinnest. Could be something to do with the amount of food available and eaten maybe?
For my sins, I drink too much, so I know exactly why I'm overweight and what I could do if I want to lose a bit. (D) (D) (D) (D) (D)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Elephants are "large-framed" you're just a fat barsteward :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:Elephants are "large-framed" you're just a fat barsteward :)
Thanks mate. I love you too
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Whoooooh, calm down, I'm hardly silth-like myself at 17st+ :-o (I am 6'2" and large framed, so not a massive amount over) , I just don't get wanting to change for just one day. Either do it permanently (for health reasons if nothing else) or not at all. And please, please don't blame hormones or underactive/overactive glands. Its no coincidence that Americans are the fattest people on earth while many African/Asian countries are the thinnest. Could be something to do with the amount of food available and eaten maybe?
For my sins, I drink too much, so I know exactly why I'm overweight and what I could do if I want to lose a bit. (D) (D) (D) (D) (D)
Oh I wasn't angry, I thought the use of the non-existant word 'ginormousness' might hint at not being entirely serious. Maybe a little grumpy, but not angry. o:)

I'm fat because I eat and drink too much of the bad stuff and not enough of the good stuff, but unlike your good self I'm a shortie at 5'3" so look very big.

From a girly point of view though, I always wanted to lose weight permanently for health and confidence reasons, but sometimes you need an 'event' to get your massive arse into gear. Then you can look back at the pics and think 'I looked alright there' and decide never to be a fat bloater again. Huzzah!

But, er, I failed. Was doing alright 'til I took a nurses advice then it went a bit wrong. Anyhoo, just have to keep on trying.

As for America, they put out chocolate covered, custard filled doughnuts for the breakfast buffet. I was in heaven. Explains a lot though! :)
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Does Jeremy Kyle have a vetting system for his 'guests'? Do YOU qualify?
IQ below 80?-YES, all your own teeth AND white?-NO, covered in tatts?-YES, covered in tacky bling?-YES (well he could lend you that), not sure who your babies dad is?-YES PLEASE, not working but affording to smoke dope all day?-DEFINATELY, look even remotely average and normal?-NO CHANCE!
If you qualified on any of these counts, please hand yourself in to the nearest waste disposal site for removal from society! :@
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Does Jeremy Kyle have a vetting system for his 'guests'? Do YOU qualify?
IQ below 80?-YES, all your own teeth AND white?-NO, covered in tatts?-YES, covered in tacky bling?-YES (well he could lend you that), not sure who your babies dad is?-YES PLEASE, not working but affording to smoke dope all day?-DEFINATELY, look even remotely average and normal?-NO CHANCE!
If you qualified on any of these counts, please hand yourself in to the nearest waste disposal site for removal from society! :@
LIKE :clap:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Todays rants are as follows:

1. Why the f**k does nobody know how to cook fish properly these days?!! All the chippies i visit around here have fish at 4 or 5 quid and i would have happily paid that to eat the pissing thing raw like the Japanese rather than the slimy, watery offerings they sell. IMO a well cooked fish should be fluffy, meaty and brilliant white inside and have batter that is crispy and nobbly. The fish i get dished out everywhere is pale in the middle, watery and the batter is like some sort of 'case' moist with a smooth sheen finish so that when you get the fish home and unwrap it, the paper takes all the batter off the fish in one fell swoop! Do us a favour fish shop proprietor and cook the **** things properly or go and batter your arse!

2. The 'new' England shirt. Red badge put on old shirt - £40 quid please. Genius.

3. Went ten-pin bowling today with my little girl and there were two youngish women on the lane next to us with a little boy. One of the ladies was normal as she spent the entire session playing bowling with the lad. Meanwhile, the other lady spent the entire session arsing about with her camera taking photos of anything that moved. She even took a photo of the actual scoring screen and some of a huge errant bumble bee that had somehow found its way into the alley. I wanted to say,'listen love, stop taking photos of shite and throw a few balls for fecks sake'. I can understand she might want to get a few snaps of the little lad enjoying himself but she hammered it. It was like a photography obsessed tourette sufferer who had to snap something everytime a tic occured. Jesus. Actually enjoy what you're doing love and put the camera down. People nowadays they spend all their time snapping away at events and places to visit that when they get home they've forgotten what they did when they were there. Freaks. They would take photos at their own funeral if they could. Let it go and enjoy the moments without having to reach for the gadget! Unless you get dementia or something there will always be something more powerful - your memory.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

austrianandygull wrote:Todays rants are as follows:

1. Why the f**k does nobody know how to cook fish properly these days?!! All the chippies i visit around here have fish at 4 or 5 quid and i would have happily paid that to eat the pissing thing raw like the Japanese rather than the slimy, watery offerings they sell. IMO a well cooked fish should be fluffy, meaty and brilliant white inside and have batter that is crispy and nobbly. The fish i get dished out everywhere is pale in the middle, watery and the batter is like some sort of 'case' moist with a smooth sheen finish so that when you get the fish home and unwrap it, the paper takes all the batter off the fish in one fell swoop! Do us a favour fish shop proprietor and cook the **** things properly or go and batter your arse!
That sounds like a combination of fish being re-frozen too many times and the cooking oil isn`t anywhere near hot enough! Unless you march back in to the gaff and slam the fish down on the counter and complain how crap it is and that your wanting your money back then nothing will change!