Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Regiment wrote: you're entitled to your opinion, i was going to reply and tell you why i think you're wrong, missed the point, and made inaccurate assumptions, but i can't be bothered.

this is the page for moaning and ranting, which is what i was doing. i wasn't looking for an argument. i've got a mrs for that.
Well I really don't see what I've missed, unless you missed out plenty of information. If you ever make complaints to these types of companies, you must have every last bit of info down in the original complaint. It will be assumed that if something is not there, it was perfectly acceptable. Anything you say after the original complaint will usually be ignored because it'll look like you're trying to con them.

The only part in your original rant was about the hotel room, which they changed and refunded you for. You complained about nothing else in regards to the hotel, so how am I missing information? Either you haven't told us or there is nothing else.

Before you go off on one, just think how this information might help you, should you decide to complain officially... Read between the lines!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

cambgull wrote: Well I really don't see what I've missed, unless you missed out plenty of information. If you ever make complaints to these types of companies, you must have every last bit of info down in the original complaint. It will be assumed that if something is not there, it was perfectly acceptable. Anything you say after the original complaint will usually be ignored because it'll look like you're trying to con them.

The only part in your original rant was about the hotel room, which they changed and refunded you for. You complained about nothing else in regards to the hotel, so how am I missing information? Either you haven't told us or there is nothing else.

Before you go off on one, just think how this information might help you, should you decide to complain officially... Read between the lines!

again, this is the page for moaning and ranting, which is what i was doing - THAT is the point i think you missed. If i wanted to lodge an official complaint, i wouldn't do it here would i ? why you feel the need to turn it into something it's not, i don't know. i was just letting off steam which is what i thought the point of this thread was.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

It's also on a forum, which is about discussion.
Luke.

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Luke - do you have shares in Premier Inn or something??

Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ... - thats all Brady was doing and after Saturday its fair enough if this is how he wants to let off steam. He does not need to be tackled or questioned for this! Let him be man!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

No, I don't think I've ever even stayed in one.

Having worked in many customer service jobs in my life, it just really winds me up that people expect something more than they actually deserve.

If you went into a shop, bought 3 items and one of them turned out to be cr*p, so you take it back and they offer you a refund for that item, would you get annoyed because they didn't offer you a full refund for all 3 items? Of course you wouldn't. That would just be ridiculous! So why should he expect more from this?
Luke.

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote:No, I don't think I've ever even stayed in one.

Having worked in many customer service jobs in my life, it just really winds me up that people expect something more than they actually deserve.

If you went into a shop, bought 3 items and one of them turned out to be cr*p, so you take it back and they offer you a refund for that item, would you get annoyed because they didn't offer you a full refund for all 3 items? Of course you wouldn't. That would just be ridiculous! So why should he expect more from this?

Luke - you are missing the point again!

No one cares or wishes to discuss the rights and wrongs, Brady wanted to vent and let off steam. This venting could have saved many cats from be kicked so if this is how he needs to let his frustrations go (especially after Saturday) then don't question and interrogate his venting. That is what the thread is designed for!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

you might want to bang your head against the wall Rich - far less painful.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

How am I missing the point? It's a forum for discussion. If we can't discuss and offer our opinions on a forum, then what's the point?

If he can "Whinge, Moan or Rant" about his weekend, why can't I "Whinge, Moan or Rant" about his opinion?
Luke.

Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

you're missing the point, because i haven't asked for anything more - which is what you are claiming to be annoyed about. i merely pointed out that in the grand scheme of things, the premier inn good night guarantee didn't make me feel any better. i didn't ask for a new car or speedboat, or anything else i wasn't entitled to, and what was meant to be a light hearted rant about something that happened, you've successfully turned it into an argument about nothing.

of course you are entitled to an opinion, but it seems to me you are reacting to something i haven't actually said, and have made assumptions about my opinion. anyway, i'm done, i can't be bothered to repeat myself again.

i'm sure if you read back through the previous 29 pages, you'll find plenty to offer an opinion about.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The forum might be a place for discussion, that much I grant you, but there are threads that are kind of the exception to the rule, Three Word Story, Word Association and this one. This one is where you can rant about things that annoy you so maybe Luke should have had a rant about people expecting more than they deserve ?.........................................

Apologies for not ranting ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Regiment wrote:anyway, when we then check out a few hours later, they "refund us the £29 for the inconvenience". yeah, ok, thanks for that. But should it really stop there ?? Ok, so i came down for the footy, which in it's own way had spoilt my weekend, but considering i spent £100 on petrol, over £100 in the restaurant and bar at the hotel, another 20 quid on breakfast at the hotel, all they refund me for my ruined weekend is the £29 for the room, which essentially has cost them sweet FA.
"But should it really stop there ??"

And this isn't wanting something more? No? You'll have to re-explain the English language to me, as I obviously have no understanding of it, none what-so-ever. In my poor understanding, that would suggest that you wanted something more. If you didn't want anything else, you wouldn't have said it, nor made the post in a "Whinge, Moan and Rant" style thread.

Infact, you probably wouldn't have made any posts in reference to this subject at all if you had been happy with the way that Premier Inn had dealt with the problem.
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I read it as Regiment complaining rather ironically that Premier Inn state that they offer a "good night guarantee", and that he had anything but a good night. That is not to say that it is Premier Inns fault that he didn't, but he used their rather silly promise that you are guaranteed a good night and took it to task.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I'll tell you what annoys me... This discussion.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

stevegull wrote:I'll tell you what annoys me... This discussion.
:bow: :clap:

next...............................
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stevegull wrote:I'll tell you what annoys me... This discussion.
Don't you bloody start :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com