New Home Shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Calm down, dear. :clap:
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Has anyone got an actual answer to why we dislike this shirt, or am I going to have to run with Rob's theory of the quality being terrible (based on such negligible evidence as to be a completely invalid argument)?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Ha, OK mate, let's just wait and see. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong, but from the photo I think it's pretty clear that the badge is not embroidered, which looks cheap. The V-neck looks awful, and the way the stripe has the two lines either side of it looks, in my opinion, rubbish. Believe me, I'm normally the person who finds something to like in most of our strips, but this one just looks so cheap and fake.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

It doesn't look like something a fan would have designed. I wanted a shirt with a collar!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Anyone consider that the players might have been asked if they want a collar or not?
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I reckon its ok, has a certain retro style to it and will probably look better on a player rather than a errr model?
TUST #324
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just read through this thread again,dear me what a bunch of misery guts :lol:

Every shirt the club up with,moan,moan,moan :na: ,compare the new shirt to the current one,i think the new is a million miles better.
Formerly known as forevertufc
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I reckon the majority of new shirts get plenty of disaproval first time out.

Didn't like the black or M for the away shirt but its grown on me.
TUST #324
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Yea.. Can I confess to quite liking it to? 8-]
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Looks alright to me, just a football shirt. Not a design classic, not going to be remembered in years to come, or discussed by thin men in rimless glasses who live in studio apartments with 'art' on the walls, but as a thing to wear to allow members of one team to identify themselves over members of the opposition, I'm certain it'll be just fine.
There is always the option that this is a pre-production mule, mocked up on the cheap to give an idea of the look of the new shirt, and this is why it wasn't on display in the club shop, to stop exactly this kind of, rather over the top, vitriol.

Even if it does turn out to be a bit lightweight and a bit shiny, to complain of that is akin to complaining that Lucozade tastes foul in a Bellini. I'm sure it does, but then, Lucozade was designed for athletes, not as a soft drink or cocktail ingredient. Similarly, football shirts are light and made of clever materials which aren't pretty because they are designed to be used by men exercising hard, not as an alternative to a suit when dining with Her Majesty The Queen.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

I've got to say...................I like it.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

chippygull wrote:Yea.. Can I confess to quite liking it to? 8-]
I like it too, although I don't know what the rear view is like.

Of the shirt, not the models. Calm down.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you click through the pictures, its the second one
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

bixieupnorth wrote:dont like the gateshead one either, too many odd shadows and things on it, i've said it before and i'll say it again we need to ditch the two bob manufacturers and head towards a nice plain nike or adidas design, almost all vandanel kits are hideous
The only problem with having Nike or Adidas kits when you're a lower league team is they recycle kits from say Premier & Championship teams from a few seasons back, so in theory the new kit is actually a 2/3 year old template.

If you take Swindon Town's new home strip for the next campaign, I do believe it was Chelsea's away some few years back.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/s ... ship_11107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the the topic of recycling old designs, seeing as Wigan Athletic used to be the most high profile club which have Vandanel as a kit supplier, maybe a different colour take on their old home kit they've had for 2 years may've been more appealing than the new on that's been brought out now.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll15 ... lega21.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Swindon's kit may be recycled by I reckon that looks the business.

With regards to our kit i reckon it will be a grower. Already I'm coming round to it!
:( Tommy :)