5,000 sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Can't quite understand the negativity about the final being at OT, I for one, am like a child counting down the days till Xmas at the prospect of seeing my team grace that wonderful stadium (and yep.....I hate Man U too!) - so what if we only take 6-7000, I really couldn't give a rats arse.....it will still be a bloody good atmosphere, especially as the majority will be real fans (not too many day-trippers).

As for the notion of the game should have been switched to a more southern smaller ground.......ridiculous! - you cant book or un-book a stadium with a week's notice!

36 hours till the train leaves.........dont give a toss about Buckle leaving, how far it is, how much it cost or how many fans will be there.

It's a one off, death or glory match to get promoted to League 1!

Cant wait!!!!!!
....aka jmgull.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Better than that Justin, think of all those Greeks watching their little portables in their bedrooms hoping and praying we lose.

Exeweb if we win....................

Exeweb if we lose................... :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

jocktheknife....................BANG ON SIR

Excitment building and nothing, but nothing can dampen the excitment for me. Yes, the club could've done better, it could be at a closer stadium, smaller stadium...

But damn it, we're going to the play off final, and we're going to bleeding well love it.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Exeweb if we lose........
David.....mate, that just aint gonna happen!

If i had a £ for every greek that's going to say.........."that's an easy 6 points for us next season" blah blah, Bucks' budget for next season would be sorted :lol:

Those sad sad, deluded greeks....
....aka jmgull.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

jocktheknife wrote:Can't quite understand the negativity about the final being at OT, I for one, am like a child counting down the days till Xmas at the prospect of seeing my team grace that wonderful stadium (and yep.....I hate Man U too!) - so what if we only take 6-7000, I really couldn't give a rats arse.....it will still be a bloody good atmosphere, especially as the majority will be real fans (not too many day-trippers).

As for the notion of the game should have been switched to a more southern smaller ground.......ridiculous! - you cant book or un-book a stadium with a week's notice!

36 hours till the train leaves.........dont give a toss about Buckle leaving, how far it is, how much it cost or how many fans will be there.

It's a one off, death or glory match to get promoted to League 1!

Cant wait!!!!!!
Just how i am feeling right now,sum's it perfectly :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The sooner the playoffs are back at Wembley the better it is as far as I'm concerned.

Ask a supporter of an FA Vase Finalist team where they would like their day out ?

And just when I was getting accustomed to Wembley and district and it's pubs . . .
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

The Wmbley district is a dump. So is Trafford/Stretford but Wembley is much worse.
:( Tommy :)
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Off to Manchester later today. Hopefully this will be a great weekend. COYY!!

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

to be fair i personally think that going to wembly is overated and going to Old Trafford brings a different element to the game...

Mike
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hi Mike, welcome back to the site. We had to change to a totally different site using new software so everyone had to re-register.

You should be able to use your original name if you choose, any problems just drop me a pm and I'll sort it for you.
Dave

SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

Who really cares if we only manage 5000-6000? Lets go mental, we could probably make as much noise as a Man Utd game. I hope. Im sure the players will love the neat pitch and to be cheered on by double the normal home crowd will be a fantastic atmosphere, I know for sure I wont be speaking sunday, monday, tuesday. I hope alot of you wont be able to speak to.

Come on you yellows.

Make our team proud by out singing the boro.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Hi Mike, welcome back to the site. We had to change to a totally different site using new software so everyone had to re-register.

You should be able to use your original name if you choose, any problems just drop me a pm and I'll sort it for you.
thanks Dave...kinda like the name Kingsgull...but thanks anyway :-D
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

I just hope that common sense prevails

Rather than having everyone spread out too much we can bunch a bit to increase the atmosphere - having been to old trafford a few times (never supporting them of course!), im hoping that the top tier is empty anyway

I'd be in favour of holding these at Villa Park - which teams like us could fill and make a good atmosphere and fairly easy for everyone to get to. However some of the clubs who haven't been there as much as we have - would probably like to go to Wembley (which I think is well overrated!)
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

tommygull wrote:The Wmbley district is a dump. So is Trafford/Stretford but Wembley is much worse.
Torquay fans will be congregating in the Salford Quays district. I was there a couple of weeks ago, it's very modern and while it may not be to everyone's taste, it's certainly not a dump!
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

Im completely buzzing, I got exams next week and couldnt dream of revising now. Just making a playlist and dreaming. My family are greeks and would love to have the family banter back!!