Truro v Torquay to be played at Meadow Park, Gloucester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I feel for the players at the moment, with so much riding on their performances until the end of the season- no wonder they are playing like rabbits caught in the headlights at times.

I think it will be a very close 1-0 to Torquay
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

culmstockgull wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 17:26 Yep, I understand that have got Archie Harris from Bournemouth , we had him early this year but yet another playerJohnson insisted on playing out of position, if Truro play him at his preferred position of left back, Stobbs will not get a look in tomorow, Archer is quicker and a lot tougher.
That's a very good post, Archie is a very good athlete and left back is his role, no doubt on that, quite why GJ kept playing players out of position was very puzzling, I walked away from Plainmoor during his tenure trying to figure out what he was thinking at times, he played Donnellan everywhere, very strange.
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

No chance 2-0!
Observer
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by Observer »

Don’t know why they don’t play Stobbs on the left and change it. He can cut in on his right and would be dangerous!
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

2-1 Truro maybe more
Incredigull
PL Champion 23/24
PL Champion 23/24
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Incredigull »

Truro 1 - 1 Torquay
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Incredible that Truro are able to make eight changes for their Sat night game . We haven’t got the playing capacity to make than four. Odds starting to roll in their direction.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Truro rested loads for Saturday nights game. With three more winnable games this week easy to see why.

Hoping for a 1-0 win
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

I shall be attending but not with a great deal of confidence, probably much the same as the players.
I keep thinking that I will wake up and the players will start performing to their potential, some have in previous seasons and next season at another club will prove what a shambles this season has been.
Perhaps one or two will standup and put in a heroic game, driving the rest to give us a memorable end to the season……. I can dream positively.

Head says another defeat 3-1 fading in the last 20 minutes, however I will be doing my bit to cheer us on. coyy
Vick
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Vick »

Truro 1 - 1 Torquay
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

2-1 TUFC.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

I'm going but don't want too.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

I've begun to lose count of must win games which we haven't won. Things don't look good for this one - injuries, plastic pitch, opponents better rested. Surely the tide has to turn sometime ? 1-0 to Torquay.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

This isn't quite must win, in that defeat won't mean we're relegated. Likewise Bath.
Taunton & Havant may well be 'must win'.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Hereford Gull66 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 22:02 I shall be attending but not with a great deal of confidence, probably much the same as the players.
I keep thinking that I will wake up and the players will start performing to their potential, some have in previous seasons and next season at another club will prove what a shambles this season has been.
Perhaps one or two will standup and put in a heroic game, driving the rest to give us a memorable end to the season……. I can dream positively.

Head says another defeat 3-1 fading in the last 20 minutes, however I will be doing my bit to cheer us on. coyy
I feel exactly the same way as you Hereford Gull66. I just can’t stop myself from believing that this time we really will put in the performance I’ve been waiting for all season. The reality is such a let down each time, but I still can’t stop myself from hoping and believing.

I suppose it’s all part and parcel of being a Torquay United fan. I’ll be there tonight and at each remaining game cheering my team on, whilst absorbing the pain when it all goes horribly wrong. Whilst I keep hoping, I’m always prepared for the worst - you have to be if you support TUFC. At the moment I still have a team, so I will still keep believing until the very end.