Bishops Cleeve FC v Torquay United Sat 14 Sept KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Skillsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Today was poor, of that there is no doubt. But don't forget, we could be top of the league had things gone another way. Paul Wotton is exactly what our club needs. A win next week and we could be second in the league........
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

So it seems that Paul Wooton is not the messiah! 1-0 down at half-time, he failed to inspire the players that he personally helped sign. Statistically, the worst result in 100 years and the local paper headline says it all "Gulls suffer humiliating FA Cup exit in disastrous display". When we win Paul says it is because they follow his clear plan and when they lose it is the players fault.
A big financial hit to be dumped out of the cup and a reality check on the manager.
The only way is up.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Skillsy wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 01:52 Today was poor, of that there is no doubt. But don't forget, we could be top of the league had things gone another way. Paul Wotton is exactly what our club needs. A win next week and we could be second in the league........
I would say we've ridden our luck in the league and our league position is somewhat flattering.....
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Wotton played over 600 professional games, he turned Truro City into a very decent side, one that turned us over easily last season. A side that had no home ground and limited resources, but it took him time. That side all sang from the same hymn sheet, each knew their role and the role of the team.

He identified the players he wanted at Torquay and some he inherited, as I said, some players who should fit in sometimes don’t. We were forced into that team yesterday due to injuries, a birth and a player who we have to pay a salary to for a season with no return. You have a squad for a reason, every player in it should be able to seamlessly come into the first team and play the same way as everyone else, unfortunately at the moment those outside the first eleven are more fringe players than first team Players in waiting.

Will they improve, not if they are unable to follow the managers instructions, if they do as they are trained and still don’t perform then they bring the whole team down. You can cope with one player not performing, but not 2 or 3.

I have faith Wotton knows exactly what he wants and knows what he’s doing, if the players don’t get it in within a certain time, it will prolong the time taken until we get that squad of first team players. I’m sure he’s already looking.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Paul Wotton is a very good manager and nobody really should be questioning him, he's only been in the job half an hour, with a new squad,it'll take time, yesterday it sounded like not 2 or 3 had an off game, but nearly all of them did, it happens to the best of teams, for whatever reason everyone has an off game, I'm going to just call it a blip, the next few games we need to bounce back and show what we really are about, I said on here some time ago ithat getting into the play offs would be a good achievement, I stand by this,..one last thing on yesterday is this, congrats to Bishop's Cleeve fc, probably the biggest win in their history, I heard they played well, and these guys really are posties,plumbers,brickies etc, so let's not overlook what an achievement for them to beat us, ex football league club with our history, so fair play to them.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Yes we were saved from extinction, we have a new management and a new squad, hence are in transition...however, althpugh I have only seen home games (just as well as we have failed to score in 3 away games), but the pattern of play must be called into question. The back line tend to play across the park or backwards, the midfield is strung out across the field but do not play together, we have no discernible play-maker (surely should be the captain's job?), the front two are not near one another, hence do not link up, do not come off their man to get the ball to feet and bring team-mates into play, are fairly static if they get into the penalty area. Our throws-in are slow and laboured and are usually lobbed forwards to hopeful heads, hence loss of possession. During the warm-up we see give-and-go movement and triangles..but not so much during the match.
It all seems somewhat disfunctional at present, and long balls cannot work if we have 2 small forwards up front.
Dorking showed how to build from the back with purposeful passing but couldn't shoot straight and lost to a superb strike from outside the penalty area, Chippenham were overwhelmed in the first half when we had 7 players in their half, but in the second half they played one-touch passing and movement but despite them having most of the play we defended strongly.
COYY, improve the basics and and be professional, take responsibility and make us promotable.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

The Great Muta! wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 08:22 Paul Wotton is a very good manager and nobody really should be questioning him, he's only been in the job half an hour, with a new squad,it'll take time, yesterday it sounded like not 2 or 3 had an off game, but nearly all of them did, it happens to the best of teams, for whatever reason everyone has an off game, I'm going to just call it a blip, the next few games we need to bounce back and show what we really are about, I said on here some time ago ithat getting into the play offs would be a good achievement, I stand by this,..one last thing on yesterday is this, congrats to Bishop's Cleeve fc, probably the biggest win in their history, I heard they played well, and these guys really are posties,plumbers,brickies etc, so let's not overlook what an achievement for them to beat us, ex football league club with our history, so fair play to them.
I'm not so much questioning PW as just pointing out that we're not (yet?) firing on all cylinders and we haven't been playing that well in the league either. Yes, it can take time; I appreciate that. I'm just trying to be honest about where we are right now.

I'm hoping PW can build us a strong team that can at least challenge for promotion at the end of the year. You're right that we should be congratulating BCFC - well done to them.
Unitedtillidie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Unitedtillidie »

How do we no Wotton is a good manager, because he took Truro out of the southern league , oh whoopee doo . Yesterday was a shambles , clearly the majority aren’t good enough and we’ve got lucky all season . Hoofball with two short arses up front ain’t going to work as I said last week the attendances will drop off with this style of football .We havnt got a gk that will play out from the back and just keeps kicking long , Seymour looks like a lost schoolboy , Crosbie is nowhere near this standard , Ash needs twenty chances to score one , reminds me Of Dean Edwards just a lot worse , Palmer and Hammon are part time and boy can you tell . But don’t worry we have our club which is a big positive , just have to get used to results like this 😡😡
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

In fairness BC we’re playing in the game of their lives, running on an overdose of adrenaline. We on the other hand were obviously frightened of the ball, the pressure of losing got in their heads and just stiffened up. It happens although they are young and should have dealt with it but clearly couldn’t.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thats a ridiculous excuse for getting humiliated.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Unitedtillidie wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 10:16 How do we no Wotton is a good manager, because he took Truro out of the southern league , oh whoopee doo . Yesterday was a shambles , clearly the majority aren’t good enough and we’ve got lucky all season . Hoofball with two short arses up front ain’t going to work as I said last week the attendances will drop off with this style of football .We havnt got a gk that will play out from the back and just keeps kicking long , Seymour looks like a lost schoolboy , Crosbie is nowhere near this standard , Ash needs twenty chances to score one , reminds me Of Dean Edwards just a lot worse , Palmer and Hammon are part time and boy can you tell . But don’t worry we have our club which is a big positive , just have to get used to results like this 😡😡
We are full/part time hybrid tier 6 football club. What are you actually expecting ? To suggest we've been lucky all season is utter hogwash, I've been to every home match and Farnborough away.

We thoroughly deserved to beat Enfield and Chippenham, by all reports we thoroughly deserved to win at bath also, we defended very well against a good Dorking team and closed the game out.

The team were unlucky not to get to get all 3 points v Aveley and PW has had an apology from the referee at the Welling game for an incorrectly disallowed goal which would have put us 1 up at HT and changed the game.

Paul Wotton is only 9 games into his tenure here at TUFC , for gord sake give the man a chance, I mean currently he stands at a 56% win rate here, and is @ 2 points per game, so yes lets hound him out of the club, I'm sure Mike Basset is out of work right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Unitedtillidie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Unitedtillidie »

I have been to every game this season home and away and have done for 40 years . Enfield could easily of got a draw in the last minute, the football was crap , Dorking totally outplayed us the football was crap, luckily Chesham went down to ten men otherwise we would of lost , Chippenham were just awful in the first half , second half we weren’t great , Bath couldnt field a substitutes bench , the football was crap . We train every day but Wednesday and Sunday , I certainly expect a lot more from the biggest club and best supported club in the league , .Yesterday was unacceptable to anyone with any football knowledge.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yesterday was humiliating for god sake we know, we get it, a small minority of you really need to calm the F down, some will remember in 1988 when top flight Coventry, FA cup holders were knocked out by Sutton 5 leagues below them, shit happens in the FA cup always has, always will.

Seen many bang about where's the spine of the team, I'll give you an idea, Cooke (paternity) Hayfield, Dyer and Foulston (injury) that's where the spine of the team is.

After 9 games we don't know whether will be a good manager, but after 9 games we can't say he won't go on to be the most successful manager in our history either, not sure what a few of you want.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Unitedtillidie
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Unitedtillidie »

Oh get a grip Dave , we’ve just been humiliated by a team lower than Exmouth , if this was Johnson he’d be getting pelters wouldn’t he , you can see what Wotton thinks about it in his interview utter garbage. So let’s see how we respond on sat shall we .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Maybe its you who need to calm down. Welling and Bishops Cleeve. Scored 0 conceded 5. Thats pathetic by anyones standards.

Only Hamon and Palmer are part time - everyone else is full time.

You mention our injuries but neglect to mention Dorking, Bath and Welling who could hardly field a team so you can bang on forever and find points to suit your particular point of view. Chesham we struggled against ten men.

Its clear that we have problems. Cooke seems to be the only forward out of the 4 who is decent. Crosbie is nowhere near this level unfortunately. The pace shorn Moxey and Palmer are a disaster at the back together, and are back up players are clearly no good either (Craske, Tomlinson,Collins)

Alot of people paid money to support the team yestreday. Our team being reduced to a laughing stock isnt good enough, sorry.