chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Personally not fussed how comfortable Ling is in front of the cameras. Buckle was comfortable, but seemingly nothing he said could be trusted. I d rather have a man struggling to find the right words, but acting with some integrity. Paul Scholes didn t like being interviewed, didn t stop him doing his day job rather well.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think any doubters should give McPhee the benefit of the doubt, give the man a chance. it must've been on his mind when given the chance to come back here. he knows it didn't go well first time round, so fair play to him for being big enough to come back and prove he's worthy of the chance.

Alex Russell is held in high regard, and many want him back, but there's no guarantee it will be all rosy 2nd time round. The TUFC they left is very different to today's one, so lets support all the new players (and existing ones of course). We've been waiting for news on players, we now have some, and rumour is there's more news to come, so things are looking up.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Not who I was expecting to see us sign, but hopefully he'll hit the ground running come August. My real concern is whether he is up to League 2 standards, but I'm sure he'll prove me wrong. Welcome back Chris.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Generally speaking, players that have done well in their first spell at a club, struggle to match those performances when they return. Perhaps McPhee will be the opposite? Things didn t go well for him previously, but he s clearly developed a lot in his time away from Plainmoor, and with low expectancy, he might just surprise a few. I hope he s given a chance at least.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Surprised by the Chris Mcphee signing but think it's a good move. Yes, he didn't do much the first time around but I still remember shouting at the TV in a Portugese bar when he scored against us in the FA Trophy final. I'll forgive him if he does the business for us this season. :clap: Positive move from where I am sitting :-D
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think is we surely have to remember MCPhee more often then not was brought on as a sub on the right wing when he was with us before,not sure that was ever his best position.

If you can score 18 goals in a season in the conference,you can repeat that in league 2, lets give the lad a chance,welcome back Chris.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Perhaps McPhee has 'unfinished buisness' here at Torquay & has very much a 'point to prove' after his dreadful first stint at Plainmoor.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Very happy with the signing of Mcphee. I think he will add to some goals and giving us some strength up front.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Avery good signing. To the doubters remember in professional sport it is sometimes amazing how people improve with age and experience. Well done Martin Ling.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

My first reaction to this (like others on here) was NO! WHY! And TBH I m still not sure that this is a great signing. I hope we sign another ST to make it a comfortable striking selection. But like any player/manager we'll have to see what he can do on his return. Welcome back Chris!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:My first reaction to this (like others on here) was NO! WHY! And TBH I m still not sure that this is a great signing. I hope we sign another ST to make it a comfortable striking selection. But like any player/manager we'll have to see what he can do on his return. Welcome back Chris!

As for Leadbitter, well he's one of those who has been released from a big club and now trying to make his way up the leagues. I'm glad we have signed him and I hope he has the same sort of effect as Eunan has!

I had a text from a source about this but it's out on the news anyway now so it isn t a surprise to anyone. Alex Russell leaves Yeovil so it looks pretty certain he's coming our way. I do hope he does a good job!
Danny - was he not in your worst TUFC XI of all time?

Hope that changes from his second stint at the club!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

hi people so i was bang on actually i knew this yesterday just waited till today to post about the 2 new boys as ive illuded to 2 other signings that i know of i tend not to want to decieve people with rumour mongering untill sure its gonna happen but if u want on here ile play a little guessing game with you about 1 ime 99.999999 sure about ime missing 100 positive just incase he has an accident on the way to plainmoor and can never play again hes a centre forward who has predominantly played in league 1 with a northern team and played in league 2 last season who has been released simply because they can no longer afford his wages hes small and nippy and very short hair guess away people
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Richinns wrote: Danny - was he not in your worst TUFC XI of all time?

Hope that changes from his second stint at the club!

He was put on my worst TUFC XI.

1) Because I've only been a gull since 2002 and I can't really remember any other poor ST's if I'm honest.
2) I don't think he scored any goals for us!

But as I said on my previous post, on any person who is coming into the club we need to give him a chance to see what he can do a 2nd time around!

I hope he does a good job! :~D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Phil Jevons....I know he is mates with a few of the potential Torquay line up, and Morecambe are not interested in keeping him
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Pleased with the signing of McPhee, I think he can do a job and the fact he can play in numerous positions can only be a good thing. Seen someone making out that the fact that he wants to play for Torquay to be a bad thing? Surely it is a good thing that he lives locally and really wants to play for us so he can stay local, surely it means that he will want to be here and will be determined to put in the performances to stay?

As for the other striker being talked about above, Ryan Jarvis? Played at Northampton on loan last year did he not?