Bristol meet up/roll call

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

denspad wrote:Hi guys, probably not the place to post this but wasn't sure else where to put it.

Are we able to turn up and pay on the gate for Saturday's game with BR? - seem to be getting conflicting info. Also, want to be in the singing section so can you guys tell me the best part of the ground to get in with the regulars!

Can't wait.
the way i understood it was it's not all ticket, but tickets are available from TUFC. i think the general opinion is the main singers will be in the seating area behind the goal, that's where i'll be, so might be an idea to get tickets from our club if you can, to ensure you get one in the seating area. having said that, there are lots on here who are standing, so atmosphere should be good regardless as we're expecting a good following for this one !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

forevertufc wrote:Just to bring this one back on topic again, after reading Blueboy's post, what do you all think, bar at the ground or Anchor ? For any meet up.
either is fine by me. i'll be hoping to get there about 1pm, so happy to head wherever the majority decide. if pushed for my choice, i'd say the pub, but not bothered either way.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

am standing. will be singing regardless of where the 'yellow army' want to be.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

royalgull wrote: It's what makes Division 4 football great, the uncertainty of whether your socks have to become Andrex double soft for the day.

You took a sh*t at Macclesfield? brave man sir. Did you escape STD free?

No , i just used Macclesfield as an example. In actual fact i shat myself at Grimsby! :lol: Quality reply though royalgull. It made we wet myself (maybe i should get these toilet problems sorted out). :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Regiment wrote: either is fine by me. i'll be hoping to get there about 1pm, so happy to head wherever the majority decide. if pushed for my choice, i'd say the pub, but not bothered either way.
Think we can wait untill end of week and see were all want to go will getting there for around 1pm aswell, b,t,w got your tq1 mag, just got remember to bring it with me :lol:
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry, going to have to take this one off topic again.

Royal, I think you'll understand if I say... :rofl:

As for worst toilet facilities, Salisbury away. 3 Porta-potties, we took 800 supporters. :Z

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Worst 'trough' experience other than Chesterfield's energy saving roofless effort probably was elm Park. Used to just be a room, pitch black with black walls all around, was an absolute free for all, wouldn't be a rarity to get home and find someone had taking a whizz in your jacket pocket.

It's a shame this is a thing of the past, it builds character, the tough choice between soiling your only pair of £50 Levi's or taking the gamble on a trap that would have been scorned on by those in the Somme trenches. Kids have it far too easy these days.

Now I've heard about Accrington I may have to go this season for that nostalgia effect.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Royal, you should write a book on toilet facilities at english football stadia giving a whole new meaning to 'doing the 92'!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Anyone remember the toilets at the old Swansea ground?

I'm going +1 on the terrace, I feel I should have asked for a discount if I'd have known that I'd have to sing and throw my voice to the tented end !
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Anyone remember the toilets at the old Swansea ground?

I'm going +1 on the terrace, I feel I should have asked for a discount if I'd have known that I'd have to sing and throw my voice to the tented end !
Yes sir! a beautiful delight! Narrowest entrance ever, dark and a piss flood layer rivalling the Mozambique floods. A turn out in there would be something I imagine only Bear Grylls would be man enough to brave.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

andygullagain wrote:Royal, you should write a book on toilet facilities at english football stadia giving a whole new meaning to 'doing the 92'!
'Doing the 90-poo'.
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

See you there chaps. Should be a smashing day out, will be even sweeter if we get a win.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

I'll be there with the dog, behind the goal if I can get a ticket tomorrow. :)

See you there, hope for a great atmosphere and 3 points that will feel like 6.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

3 points that will feel like we've won the league more like.