Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote:One thing to bear in mind.

Brucie frequents the grandstand....
This posts wins.

Have fun in the Popside :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy you big pansy, fancy beng scared of the Pop.

Lots of us on here are regulars on there, let us know when you're intending to go to a home match and we'll arrange a reception committee ;-)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

IMG_0051.JPG
Just a piccy showing the status of the stand at the Aldershot game on Tuesday 6th March.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Great shot mate, it's taking shape just nicely.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It does seem strange, though, that the end of the grandstand doesn't line up with the goal-line of the pitch. I wonder why they ended it where they did. I know they're supposed to have checked the line of sight, but I wouldn't like to have a seat in the top corner.

Always possible to extend it one day, I suppose. Perhaps they'll eventually have it going round the corner, a la Home Park, to connect up with the family stand.

Anyway, it's certainly a vast improvement on what was there before.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Gullscorer wrote:It does seem strange, though, that the end of the grandstand doesn't line up with the goal-line of the pitch. I wonder why they ended it where they did. I know they're supposed to have checked the line of sight, but I wouldn't like to have a seat in the top corner.

Always possible to extend it one day, I suppose. Perhaps they'll eventually have it going round the corner, a la Home Park, to connect up with the family stand.

Anyway, it's certainly a vast improvement on what was there before.
I know why this is, it's becuase there is zig zag style a ramp in this area so that wheelchair users can get onto the raised bottom row platform, (possibly there will be disabled bays like in the family stand?) but this is definately why it doesn't line up with the family stand.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

as its a steel frame this ramp could have been covered and the stand extended over the food outlet.agree it does look silly stopping short of the touchline,as gullscorer says if your sat top right hand corner you wouldnt see corner flag.i know someone will say its having a perspex side you can see through but with the steel uprights being close together vision will definately be obscured.saying that WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:
Doubt it, think that would look silly as the BB is bigger!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

NickGull wrote: Doubt it, think that would look silly as the BB is bigger!
But the BB, even though it's vast improvement on the old stand, also looks a bit silly, ending short of the goal line as it does.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think it looks superb!!

the old stand finished a good 50 feet shy of the goal line at the babbacombe end, dunno what the fuss is about, its not as if its gonna be full very often is it?? 2300 crowds, about 500 will sit there so the troublesome corner isnt gonna be oocupied very often!
still keeping the faith
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I wonder if it is to enable us to extend the stand at a later date and wrap it around the corner and across the family stand?

I am sure the planners have their reasons.?.?.?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I have no doubt the reasons will be something Health & Safety related. Perhaps restrictions on the width of walkway between the Family Stand and the Bench. I should also imagine there will be some kind of catering area there too.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: But the BB, even though it's vast improvement on the old stand, also looks a bit silly, ending short of the goal line as it does.
Maybe we don't own the small section of land. If you remember the lane narrows down by that corner, so maybe there wasn't room to go further with the stand? Who knows? Personally don't think it looks that silly, looks much better than what was there before so I'm not complaining.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote:
Maybe we don't own the small section of land. If you remember the lane narrows down by that corner, so maybe there wasn't room to go further with the stand? Who knows? Personally don't think it looks that silly, looks much better than what was there before so I'm not complaining.
I agree with Nick. (Political joke for anyone out there)

People are making an issue out of nothing here. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Any more photos knocking around. Would be nice to see the latest progress.