FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

What an exhaustive pitch report - must have been a slow news day in Harrogate!

I really hope they can get the game on. Am looking forward to seeing a few goals on Saturday.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

forevertufc wrote:Just been reading through Hyde fans forum, it appears if no one yet knows if their replay with Harrogate will be played this week or not..nicked this http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sp ... -1-5073460 from..http://www.hydefans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2060

So that could leave having to play the first round match in midweek. :-/
I notice they say it would be played on November 6th which is when we travel to Barnet in a league game? Surely it would be played the following week (13th) as I cant see a League game being postponed for the Cup. I would assume any replay would be the 13th aswell meaning we would play the original fixture the same date the replays are played.

A midweek match would have a big impact on the crowd aswell would be similar if not less than Yeovil in the JPT game. Especially since neither Hyde or Harrogate would bring many on a Saturday never mind a Tuesday night!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

So we suffer losing matchday revenue for a postponed saturday game AND having to squeeze a midweek war of attrition into our fixture calendar? It's not the first time they have had to cancel a game this season due to an unsafe pitch and if i'm honest we haven't had much rain this week anyway up in Yorkshire. I think they are taking the p*ss and if they can't get the game on tomorrow it should be played on thursday either at Hyde or at a neutral venue if they can get one at such short notice.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The precedent for this, of course, is our trip to Moss Rose to play (a truly, horrifically bad) Stockport at the third time of asking. While I appreciate the Magic of the Cup, this does call into question whether clubs of this nature should be permitted to progress through the tournament at the expense of so many others who are forced to continually alter their plans etc to accommodate these bloody amateurs.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

I also notice Hyde only took 40 fans to Cambridge last Saturday so IF they were to progress it would seem they wouldnt bring many on Saturday never mind a Tuesday night!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I know that Alex but there would be more Gulls fans go on a saturday than on a tuesday night and given it's against a minnow then a night game would see even less spectators than if we were playing an unattractive league fixture. So we'd lose money.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:I know that Alex but there would be more Gulls fans go on a saturday than on a tuesday night and given it's against a minnow then a night game would see even less spectators than if we were playing an unattractive league fixture. So we'd lose money.
Agreed. To get a decent crowd on a Saturday I think they'd have to lower prices to get in still though.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

True, were they gonna do that anyway do you know or is it still full whack?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

"bloody amateurs." So much for the magic of the cup ! No doubt Premiership clubs regard us in the same way !! :@ :@
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just watched our local weather here oop north and it's going to be a fine dry day in Harrogate tomorrow with no rain. Get the game on or i'll send the boys round!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:True, were they gonna do that anyway do you know or is it still full whack?
I THINK both clubs have to agree the prices to get in as its spilt 50/50 between the two clubs in the Cup games. So if we want to lower the prices Harrogate/Hyde have to agree to it aswell I beleive. If they want it kept at normal price they will lose out on a fair bit of gate money because not many people will want to pay £17/£18 to see us play a Non League team in the FA Cup...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Just noticed this on Harrogate's Official Website:

Due to a steady rainfall in Harrogate today and with the forecast still looking bleak, Harrogate Town AFC have released details regarding the match against Hyde FC due to be played on Tuesday evening.
Firstly, there will be a pitch inspection by an FA representative and a match referee tomorrow at approx 1pm.
Should the match be called off then it will be replayed hopefully on Wednesday night at Station View, home of Harrogate Railway Athletic. Kick off will be 7:45pm.
If any of this information changes, then it will be made known on this website and our social media feeds.

http://www.harrogatetownafc.com/news/ne ... game-on-2/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well i can tell you there is no rain forecast for Harrogate tomorrow but it's good that they are looking at alternative arrangements. Maybe they read my post! :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Alex, in answer to your above post about Barnet away, as far as I am aware cup takes full priority over league games, therefore I would expect Barnet away to be postponed and the cup match to played on the 6th.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

forevertufc wrote:Alex, in answer to your above post about Barnet away, as far as I am aware cup takes full priority over league games, therefore I would expect Barnet away to be postponed and the cup match to played on the 6th.
I'm sure from memory that any postponed game is usually played the same time as the Replays from that round. I could be wrong but the reason theres a League game on the following Tuesday is to make room for the FA Cup on a Saturday. So if thats the case I'd expect it to be played with the replay's.

Hopefully we dont have to worry about that anyway..