Why so negative?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Matt you are scaring me as I find we are in agreement !!!

:scarf: :scarf:
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Never been a fan of the view that when I pay money for something I should also be grateful .
I guess I will be placed in the negative camp but nevertheless I think AustrianAndy and Coley have some valid points (and I hope they continue to contribute to this forum). I do not expect us to win every week and I am fully aware of the limited resources available to us. My point is that I do believe we have a squad of players that are better than they are showing at present. This situation is, in part, is the result of the tatics being employed by the manager. I am fed up with a formation that sees us give up posession for long periods of time with the result that the defence has to perform outstandingly just to come away with a point (and sometimes a lot less). It does not have to be like this . We do have the players to be more positive. On one of the rare occasions we attacked Argyle we tore them apart and this involved Howe, Yeoman and Stevens. Ling does need to be less cautious and he also needs to drop Bodin who is contributing very little to the team.
Do these comments make me negative? Possibly, but I am fed up with watching us give the ball away, invite pressure and then concede a goal (both home and away) because, simply, we are better than that.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dutchgull wrote:Matt you are scaring me as I find we are in agreement !!!

:scarf: :scarf:
You had to come to your senses eventually =D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Kernowgull wrote:Coley, the problem isnt negative opinions, the problem is that all the people who have negatives opinions get offended and aggressive if people dont agree with them.

If this is done to get a reaction, then really, get a life. If it actually upsets you that much then again, get a life!!
As mentioned, read my previous comments, not all negative but certainly not even a suggestion of being aggressive, rude, insulting or abusive.
Please don'e 'tar everyone with the same brush' so that you can streotype people that aren't always 'happy clappy'
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Of your 72 posts, a quick read through reveals 12 not Torquay related, 12 neutral, 5 positive and a whopping 43 negative.
Given that you joined on April 14th 2012, and since then we have made the Playoffs, built the Bench, got the big screen, had the chance to watch players like Eunan and Bobby every week, I (and others) find it utterly staggering that, as someone who, presumably, has a great deal of homework to do during school holidays, you have managed to devote so much time to talking absolute nonsense on here.
Interestingly, you have also begged for people to go easy on you three times (once preemptively), told me to keep my mouth shut once (didn't really work out so well for you, that one) and been shown up as a right moron at least a dozen times.
Still, you keep plugging away, presumably between bouts of furious, fervent, teenage masturbation and doing the washing up to earn your pocket money.

Matt.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Of your 72 posts, a quick read through reveals 12 not Torquay related, 12 neutral, 5 positive and a whopping 43 negative.
Given that you joined on April 14th 2012, and since then we have made the Playoffs, built the Bench, got the big screen, had the chance to watch players like Eunan and Bobby every week, I (and others) find it utterly staggering that, as someone who, presumably, has a great deal of homework to do during school holidays, you have managed to devote so much time to talking absolute nonsense on here.
Interestingly, you have also begged for people to go easy on you three times (once preemptively), told me to keep my mouth shut once (didn't really work out so well for you, that one) and been shown up as a right moron at least a dozen times.
Still, you keep plugging away, presumably between bouts of furious, fervent, teenage masturbation and doing the washing up to earn your pocket money.

Matt.

subtle as an airraid again matt.

well done. :Oops: =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote: Still, you keep plugging away, presumably between bouts of furious, fervent, teenage masturbation and doing the washing up to earn your pocket money.

Matt.
Are we supposed to stop once we hit our 20's? :O

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Masturbation no, washing up for pocket money yes.

Matt.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Nice intelligent post Farrarilover...You have just completely killed Kernogull's points and made his post look stupid.
I didn't expect support from you...Nice one !! By the way, without rereading my posts, I can confirm that none were non Torquay related and I have never told anybody to shut their mouth...You really need to read posts properly not just the first sentence.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention 'Happy New Year'. Expect and look forward to many more insults appear to be quite popular :~D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Coley, I think you took that well to be honest. I've just read the last couple of pages after being away all weekend.

If the thread descends into any more throwing of insults I'll lock it as it serves no purpose and just annoys a lot of the readers.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Thanks Dave, I honestly believe that my posts have reasonable points but are usually answered with abuse, altough some have been constructive. As you could see, Andy has gone which is a loss for the site. If you think that I should also go, I will take your advice...Cheers
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Thanks again Dave, but on second thoughts, I have had enough (Obviously to the delight of certain posters). There are a few on here that want to discuss all opinions, but mainly I get too much abuse from a certain few.

Anyway, Happy New Year to the decent people on here...It's been fun...or has it

BYE
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Does this mean that those who haven't posted for a while and who have been "offended" by so called "negative" posts by Austrianandygull and coley will now be back on here posting with enthusiastic venom ?

Oops, I mean vigour ?

:devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Have to say, I'm feeling a bit negative TQY wise at the mo. Just one look through other clubs websites shows how their loan and perm signings are shaping up already. Why then do I get the feeling our additions will add up to zero? Even the most frugal board member surely can see we now need a midfielder at the absolute minimum. Couple that with a striker that's needed, to increase attendances if nothing else, even if promotion is not in the sights. Struggle to see how after the performance against teams like Barnet and Argyle how we are ever going to mount a challange against Exeter City and the like. For the record I happen to think M. Ling is currently the best man for the job.