Cheltenham Town v Torquay United - 2/2/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

One point where you're absolutely right, Andy, is that Rene is isolated up front. He had a shot palmed away earlier, but Jarvis wasn't there to capitalise. We need to take the game to them now we're behind and I'd look to Macklin, and probably bring off Craig. We all know he isn't a winger.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It no doubt is conforming to most of the other away games i've seen so we'll get nothing out of this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

1-0 HT - more than deserved for Cheltenham, and you'd think only a change in approach and personnel will help us get back into the game

Approaching away games as we do, scoring the first goal is vital. We're resolute enough to try to defend leads - as shown at York and Exeter - but we're wholly unconvincing when we fall behind.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I dont think we've been too bad. Far from brilliant but Im not expexting brilliant. A few chances each side. Cheltenham are good but we're doing ok. Macklin on, Craig inside, Lathrope off is how Id go now.

Still in this game.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

oh crap !!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

2-0 :@
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

2-0 Harrad - game over, you'd think.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

Howe's 10th booking. Two-match ban. We need a signing!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

Was really hoping to get a draw or win out of this when you look at our next 3 games, Fleetwood and Rotherham at home, then Rochdale away, not easy games in the slightest.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Chris B wrote:2-0 Harrad - game over, you'd think.
I did say that when they'd scored first. We can't get more than 1 generally speaking so probability if they score first is we draw or lose. Therein highlights the issues of:

1. We need some help in terms of new additions

2. When Billy has an off day ( nearly every week ) we carry him and we don't function as an attacking unit.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Looking a poor decision not to recruit during the window. Back in the relegation mire|
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

Let's make a couple changes, we have nothing to lose - Macklin and Yeoman on for the booked Lathrope and Jarvis/Bodin.

Macklin on for Craig
devonboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devonboy »

hector wrote:Looking a poor decision not to recruit during the window. Back in the relegation mire|
I'm worried too Hector but if you had offered us 3 points from this and the Exeter game we would have taken it...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What annoys me is that we can put it all in for a game like Exeter but the following game is ALWAYS a false dawn. It has happened so many times this season and as for Bodin looking like he is showing signs. Signs of what? Being even more sh*tter?!! The man is a dud and he won us a penalty against Exeter! So f*cking what! We need a certain amount of consistency or he can't function in our team. What is coming on here when those that went get home is the usual about creating nothing, the same players doing nothing and how we let them play. It's happening all the time and nothing is changing and in the superlative words of Emet, it makes my p*ss boil!!
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

austrianandygull in having a go at Billy Bodin shock!
Not everything is his fault.