Torquay United v Fleetwood Town - 9/2/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No great loss if we lose this. See if we take a point on tuesday night and head up to Rochdale with Rene back and see what happens. My only concern is that confidence must be starting to ebb now and that is the last thing we need right now. Like Bix says, we just need a bit of luck and who knows, we might hit someone for a cricket score once the camels back of bad luck is broken. That might never happen though so we need to keep going.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

their keeper already being named motm!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Knobhead Buckle is at it again. Let me down last week when they lost at bottom of the tabel Barrow ( who are currently 4-1 down at Mansfield ) and now pegged back at home to Forest Green! Come on f*ckle! Sort it out man you're costing me pennies you great big penis!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

iin the battle of the fat blokes (fattle??) billy kee is beating evans 1-0!

argyle 1-2 up
still keeping the faith
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

sorry mate but if we are doing our job properly we shouldn't need luck. but as usual we get controversy over the goal. I cant be there so cant comment, but Why didn't we score our two goals? if it was a case if being off target, then it doesn't matter that we should be two up, a miss is a miss. But if there is a case of a missed handball then we have to state our case to the ref more intelligently. far too often I see players ranting at the ref. you need to be far more thoughtful in your approach to make the ref look at things more carefully. a calm considered approach will work better than ranting. Can anyone enlighten us as to why we didn't score
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

at least 4 saves from davies, a goal line clearance and the missed penalty that apparently doesnt count
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

he reckons their keeper is inspector gadget!!
still keeping the faith
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

you mean we had a penalty or someone should have given us a penalty?

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Completely agree GG. Yes we've had some back luck but at the end of the day we waste chances. It's no good people saying Billy has had more shots than anyone this season as if to somehow exonerate him of any blame for our plight as it shows he is doing well when none of them have hit the bloody onion bag! Not picking on Billy, other players have been wasteful and they should be punishing teams when we're on top because we know what happens if we don't? They go up the other end and knock one in. I don't know what the solution is to having sh*t strikers when we can hardly bring anyone in to replace them. We've just got to accept they need a hundred chances to score 1 goal and that the 1 goal comes in a game where we are good defensively otherwise it is wasted. Sad but true. Have we been pinging balls in for Jarvo do you know Bix?

Did we miss a penalty?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

no i mean missed as in missed by the officials, shot charged down using arms but deemed not to be worthy of a penalty when it soiunded like a goal scoring opportunity

sounds like we've played really really well

no we've been playing good football thru craig and bodin mainly, no lumping it up, you'll have to find someone and something else to get the hump about tonight andy mate, oh wait, you've got buckle!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:no i mean missed as in missed by the officials, shot charged down using arms but deemed not to be worthy of a penalty when it soiunded like a goal scoring opportunity

sounds like we've played really really well

no we've been playing good football thru craig and bodin mainly, no lumping it up, you'll have to find someone and something else to get the hump about tonight andy mate, oh wait, you've got buckle!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Absolute comedy gold! :clap:

Smiffy, i hope Billy is playing himself into form i really do. The thing that would be typical would be if we play like this against Rotherham and get nothing then when Rene comes back we DON'T play like this. That is my worry because it's our luck that will happen PLUS i'm going to Rochdale so i'm bound to see a right stinker! :-|
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not many of us on here this aft are there? Come on Scotty! Get sending some positivity about Bodin will ya! He might score!

and Jase, i know you're out there. Come on lads!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

here we go then, come on torquay, their keeper cant keep this up all bloody game

need two goals in hoffenheim game

cousins lad says

been all over them, but cant score and then concede a shit goal

manse headed off the line and then downes the same at start of this half
still keeping the faith
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

so it seems we have been playing well yet got nothing out of it. As I said it comes down to training, we need to practice as being more incisive. We need to practice at our set pieces.
I think we already do defend pretty well. but I think we leave the defence too exposed as there is not enough happening up front and the oppo get the ball and put us back under pressure.
If we give the ball back to much and too easily then the back four are under pressure again and if it happens too often then the defence gets more then their fair share of work. they get tired and the attack gets stale.
I think we need to work on the build up and make sure the attack is built more intelligently sometimes
.I Was at Cheltenham and in the last third of the pitch we gave the ball away too often. Some of you point the figure at Nicho for being too slow but he was up the pitch far more then I would expect. he needs to conserve his energy and play to his strengths. If he and the rest of the defence are to do a decent job. Like most teams the play needs to be balanced, if you look at the balance of play for the more successful teams you will see that the defence does it's job and has to work no more than for half the game. if not less. The rest of the game it should be at midfield and forward level. I would wager that if you looked at our balance the defence is under pressure for at least 65% oif the game and it may be possibly more, The concentration level for the game has to be kept up far more and players will tire more easily. the more experienced players like Nicho will suffer as a result.
Last edited by Glostergull on 09 Feb 2013, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just need a Blackburn goal now that Leicester one has just gone in.

GG, the thing that bugs me is that we hail Lathrope as somekind of defensive midfield kingpin we can't do without yet we always concede when he plays. I don't know what he has been like today but i'm worried about him to be honest.