Outsiders View of our Chances

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It must be a similar thing to Arsenal. They pick up so many injuries because if something in the way they train. A similar thing must surely apply to Rovers?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

I think its the Gods looking down on us because we pinched Buckle from you and then sacked him!! On the point of training we have had three different trainers during that time and most of them have occurred in matches both home and away. Its just as well we have a reasonable size squad but it doesn't seem like we can add many if any more to it because of the FAIR play rules which are anything but fair if half of your budget is on the injured list!!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

friendlygas wrote:I think its the Gods looking down on us because we pinched Buckle from you and then sacked him!! On the point of training we have had three different trainers during that time and most of them have occurred in matches both home and away. Its just as well we have a reasonable size squad but it doesn't seem like we can add many if any more to it because of the FAIR play rules which are anything but fair if half of your budget is on the injured list!!
This is the second season that you have had this problem. You need to call in an exorcist, or one of those Chinese prats that move all of the furniture around. :clap: :clap: :whistle: :whistle: :na: :na:
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

I remember we once got Uri Geller in and he put something in the Goalmouth ,trouble was he only did one end which we scored three goals in but he didn't do the other end and we let one in. He didn't come for the second leg of that Play off and we lost 3-0 and went out!! Am I right in saying Uri Geller is a Grecian? If so I am very surprised you have done as well as you have!!!!!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He used to support Reading until Madejski stopped letting him in for free. One of the funniest most bizarre things I've ever seen, during Geller's 'prime' if you like was before the game at Elm Park everyone got handed a red card and a yellow card, at half time Geller came onto the pitch and through the power of positive mind or some crap everyone would naturally choose the same colour card and hold it up, naturally it was a complete mix match and total shambles and said cards were used as paper aeroplanes throughout a dull second half.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

friendlygas wrote:I remember we once got Uri Geller in and he put something in the Goalmouth ,trouble was he only did one end which we scored three goals in but he didn't do the other end and we let one in. He didn't come for the second leg of that Play off and we lost 3-0 and went out!! Am I right in saying Uri Geller is a Grecian? If so I am very surprised you have done as well as you have!!!!!
Yes that's correct, he's a total freak too. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Talk about synchronicity!

I watched a very interesting program about Uri Geller last night. It was to do with him apparently working for the CIA, Mossad (Israeli secret service) and the Mexican government. Apparently he has also been tested by academics in the USA and was proven to have tangible psychic powers in a controlled environment.

He's still an arse though and I fondly remember singing the 'Exeter is full of shit!' song at him in ASK after a game a few years back. Very funny, although he didn't think so!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Tested by academics in a country where a total fraud with "psychic" powers can fill a room of several hundred people who are hanging on every word they say? That's like a League 2 player being proven to be world class by Mad Dave down the Hare and Hounds.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I think the Stanford Research Institute would be a bit more robust than Dave down the local.........
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Wasn't he in that jungle thing wearing his greek shirt giving it the "my team are playing Torquay tonight and i'm sending them all my positive thought"? We beat them 2-0 as I recall. I emailed Ant and Dec to give him a load of abuse but never got a mention. I knew that was going to happen, so maybe I'm the psychic?
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

When Saturday Comes has us down to finish 20th. Predicted league positions voted upon by their correspondents/contacts for each club.Our correspondent has us down to finish upper-middle-with a strong finish.
Portsmouth tipped to be Champions. Greeks tipped to finish higher than us and the Gargs.