Newport v Torquay United. 28/09/2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Might have been worse-could have been locked in Syd James Park for the night! :lol:

That is just one HUGE toilet! :)

(sounds a good night out to me actually :clap: )
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Here are two links that confirm what happened to Paul Bastard when we played Newport County away in 2007/8 (FA Trophy):

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Short ... z2g6UBpuF0

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Paul-s-run ... z2g6Tbknb7

Paul is probably the most dedicated Gulls fan. He is enthusiatic and well thought of by fellow fans, unlike Brucie.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:clap:

Magic!

A tufc fans legend.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Must feel confident about a positive result tomorrow,Alan Knill now seems to have sorted out his squad with players now going out on loan and one new player coming in.If we start well we will get a point a least.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

just seen man u at Ivybridge,what a cheek!.Devon Is Torquay ,Exeter or Plymouth,what the !!! Are they doing down here?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The Man Utd team is in Ivybridge? Why on earth would they be there?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

He might mean tuilagi? :clown:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I think we'll do really well to get a draw tomorrow, Newport is increasingly looking like a tough and uncompromising place to try and get a result at and they have a combination of a few well known players (like Zebs) but also some unknowns too which Edinburgh has somehow moulded into a strong cohesive unit.

I simply don't believe we are strong enough mentally to rise to the intimidation and make it bring out the best in us. I fear another 4 goal reverse but i'm going for 3 nil to Newport. Zebs obviously getting on the scoresheet.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We are unlikely to score, very unlikely.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

The team for today is
Rice

Tonge Pearce cruise Nico
Lathrope
Bodin mansell Harding Chappell
Ball
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No Hawley then, is he injured?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Is Benyon injured too?

Loving the selection based on what we have available but despite Ball getting a goal at the weekend (not 2, one was a ridiculous deflection) I don't think he will be giving us what we need up there as a lone frontman.

We could get a draw here with a generally sensible line up.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Hawleys fine he's on the bench, if you look at the formation we have Lathrope in front of the defence to give us a bit of protection with Downsey missing.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

supergulls wrote:Hawleys fine he's on the bench, if you look at the formation we have Lathrope in front of the defence to give us a bit of protection with Downsey missing.
Yes supergulls and that is a good idea and all we can pretty much do with Downes being out but I think that Hawley would have been a better option that Ball as I think he can do all Ball can and more, I happen to think he is stronger than Ball and he is certainly a better finisher. I suppose Knill has gone with Ball for his workrate and to hold the ball up hoping to bring Chappell et al into play from midfield on the counter so i'll go with Knill on this one.

If they score we won't win, I am at least confident they WILL score so it will all be about who maximises the best of our opportunities up front.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

cambgull wrote:The Man Utd team is in Ivybridge? Why on earth would they be there?!
Paul Scholes and a few other coaches from the Manchester United Football Academy were visiting the Ivybridge Community College Football Academy. Wayne Carlisle was running things there having taken over from Sean McCarthy, but not sure if he is still there. It is apparently the first time that Manchester United have linked up with a school outside of the city of Manchester.