Lathrope to Aldershot?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Not sure, don't expect so. Think I'll wait until I can see some of the new signings in action.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Having been watching the South and Central American teams in the World Cup I'm looking forward to Cooper playing as a deep midfielder, dropping in between the two centre-halves as Thompson and A.N.Other (Cameron?) bomb forward down the wings.
I will miss Lathrope, but if Cooper is to be the man and can live up to his hype then I shall be happy.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

PhilGull wrote:Having been watching the South and Central American teams in the World Cup I'm looking forward to Cooper playing as a deep midfielder, dropping in between the two centre-halves as Thompson and A.N.Other (Cameron?) bomb forward down the wings.
Briscoe and Cameron would likely be our first choice wingers. Briscoe has some pace and trickery about him. I like the idea Hargreaves has to convert Thompson to a right back. If it works, that would be a welcome bit of pace in that area.

I think Lathrope would have performed well in a central midfield three with Cooper and Young. Still think Harding can do a job with those two, as well. Now Lathrope has gone, our sole remaining donkey work type centre-mid is Cooper. Let's hope he's fit and stays fit and Harding also stays fit and gets to the higher standard he reached whilst at Aldershot and Wycombe. I've seen Harding putting it about to great effect for Aldershot. I'd like to see that happen in a Torquay shirt.
+mustard+
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by +mustard+ »

ferrarilover wrote: Just a shame YOU'RE not.

If you're going to play the role of patronising know-it-all, the key is to actually know more than the person you're attempting to patronise, otherwise this happens and you look a right muppet.

Better luck next time.

Matt.
Yes but you can wipe your feet on a Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No, on a mat

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote: Just a shame YOU'RE not.

If you're going to play the role of patronising know-it-all, the key is to actually know more than the person you're attempting to patronise, otherwise this happens and you look a right muppet.

Better luck next time.

Matt.
This is the first and last time I'll ever say this, but ferrarilover is 100% correct here.

He himself has proven the point on countless occasions.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Lucy