Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Desperately bad news.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Did say nothing is guaranteed until the ink was dry and money paid, as said Hector was right to be cautious, if these rumours are true, then as stated we've got until the conference agm to sort things out and prove the club can cover the £500k loss, other wise Alfreton are going like us very much indeed.

Stop falling for the spin, and start questioning what the fork is going on at our club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

What a shocking 24 hours. Cameron heading back to Downing Street and then news that takeover possibly falling through. Pass me my revolver...

:'(
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Get a grip, people. rumour is rumour. Could be true,could be not. Probably isn't.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

If these rumours are true, the club will just have to prepare a balanced budget quickly. There is no reason why this can't be find, the high earners are out of contract. The club is not saddled with massive debt. All this talk of the Conference throwing us out is just daft, other clubs in the Conference have lower income than the Gulls. It is a pity that the bid has failed, but the liquidator is not banging at the door of the club yet.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

gullintwoplaces wrote:If these rumours are true, the club will just have to prepare a balanced budget quickly. There is no reason why this can't be find, the high earners are out of contract. The club is not saddled with massive debt. All this talk of the Conference throwing us out is just daft, other clubs in the Conference have lower income than the Gulls. It is a pity that the bid has failed, but the liquidator is not banging at the door of the club yet.
This takeover has been so much of a secret, how has this rumour materialised from that it has fallen through
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Terrible, terrible news.

Quite where the club goes from here, I really don't know. At this moment in time, just being able to compete in the Conference National when it kicks off in August, seems as much as we can hope for - the alternative is unthinkable. What sort of team we might be able to put out though is a genuine concern and whether we can even compete at this level with the sort of budget we are likely to give the Manager if there is no new investment forthcoming, as seems likely now, is likely to be very, very uncompetitive.

I still find it quite incredible that the local media seemed to be so upbeat even yesterday on the Herald podcast when in the words of Kelvin Thomas earlier in the week it was only ever a 50/50 chance of going ahead. The Herald team seem to be totally out of the "loop" these days and their cheery optimism throughout these recent weeks and months seems totally misplaced as far as I can see.

Desperate times indeed!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Hold on a minute, where is all this coming from? One mention of a rumour and conclusions are quickly jumped to!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would guess that the news is true. Given the statement form Thomas about the 50-50 it should really come as no surprise that the deal has fallen through.
I would guess that the only person to come out of this with any profit will be Kelvin Thomas who seems to have ponced about for months between here and Florida and achieved precisely bugger all whilst picking up a big fat pay cheque from the deranged Mrs Bristow.
What are Mike Bateson and Dangerous Dan MacCauley doing these days?
The TUST have accumalated two shillings and sixpence.
We are fecked - Western League here we come.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

More like Southern League Div One South and West, if we had to start again from scratch.
superwilf
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by superwilf »

We have had an excellent result in the election both locally and nationally let's hope the sun comes out and we get the right result with regard to our new owners.Chins up everybody I am certain it's going to o.k.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by SWgull »

superwilf wrote:We have had an excellent result in the election both locally and nationally let's hope the sun comes out and we get the right result with regard to our new owners.Chins up everybody I am certain it's going to o.k.
I have to disagree with you with regard to the election but hope you are right about the takeover!
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by SWgull »

superwilf wrote:We have had an excellent result in the election both locally and nationally let's hope the sun comes out and we get the right result with regard to our new owners.Chins up everybody I am certain it's going to o.k.
I have to disagree with you with regard to the election but hope you are right about the takeover!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I'm glad this is taking its time. It proves that they are not rushing into anything and that it is being throughly thought through with the best interests of the club at heart.

Kelvin/Thea aren't going to spend as much time as they have on this to then make a rash decision.
superwilf
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by superwilf »

Spot on Ian gull one ! Act in haste repent at leisure. Thank goodness Thea had the foresight to get some advice and I am sure her intentions are to ensure we are left in the best possible hands.