Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I'd love Deon Burton here! Be a good signing!

Would still want a big man with him up top.

After seeing Yeoman last night I think he could prove to be a first team player this year. Knill seems to highly rate him! So he could be a good player for us!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Warwick wrote:Deon Burton 1 year deal anyone?
Is this a guess or do you know something we don't?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Richinns wrote: Is this a guess or do you know something we don't?
No bud all I know is I'm getting dogs abuse from a couple of mates who are Brewers fans this morning up here in sunny Warwickshire, (they are over the moon) they thought the striker they were getting to replace Zola was Burton on a 1 year deal. Just adding 2 and 2 and getting 5! Personally I think the Manset thing may happen for us next week. :clap:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Out of all the rumours I've heard I still think its the Paul Benson one that sounds the most likely. Would love Manset, and will eat my words if it does come off, but I cant see it happening. Maybe AK had a cheeky ask, but just can't see anything beyond that on our budget.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So Manset turns down Coventry in favour of us? - love to see it happen but I will cheerfully paddle around the bay in a pisspot if that happens.
Benson has scored goals but I have never really seen him do anything and for me that would be the first disappointing signing so hopefully not. He is 33 now. Not for me.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Deon Burton - Too old, on his last legs and waiting for his last juicy paycheque. No thanks. Manset would be perfect, but I doubt he'd consider a move down here, he probably thinks he's better than us and I doubt we could afford what he'd want on the wage front.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

yellowforever wrote:Manset would be perfect, but I doubt he'd consider a move down here, he probably thinks he's better than us and I doubt we could afford what he'd want on the wage front.
You're assuming he's an arrogant arse, he might well have enjoyed his time in Hereford.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

brucie wrote:So Manset turns down Coventry in favour of us? - love to see it happen but I will cheerfully paddle around the bay in a pisspot if that happens.
Benson has scored goals but I have never really seen him do anything and for me that would be the first disappointing signing so hopefully not. He is 33 now. Not for me.
Yea right, because Coventry at the moment is the dream destination of any lower league footballer! :clap:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

These "big" clubs in the shit do represent good value for players. They continue to pay silly money (three grand a week at a club with no ground and in administration, it beggars belief). The players get a fat wedge and they don't have to work very hard because they're still in the lower divisions against lower division opposition.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I can't see how Coventry have any money to spend, they can't have sold any season tickets as they haven't had any seats to sell them for!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Their financial acumen has got them in this mess in the first place and old habits die hard. Weren't Pompey paying something like a hundred grand a week to some bloke last year?

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:So Manset turns down Coventry in favour of us? - love to see it happen but I will cheerfully paddle around the bay in a pisspot if that happens.
Please let him sign for us!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Coventry are still in administration and under a transfer embargo I believe, manset may not be coming to us, but can't see how he will signing for them any time soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

exiledgull wrote:I'd love Deon Burton here! Be a good signing!

Would still want a big man with him up top.

After seeing Yeoman last night I think he could prove to be a first team player this year. Knill seems to highly rate him! So he could be a good player for us!
Burton played in a friendly for Scunny yesterday.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

forevertufc wrote:Coventry are still in administration and under a transfer embargo I believe, manset may not be coming to us, but can't see how he will signing for them any time soon.
Just like Chelsea were when they signed a dozen guys, and as Swindon are almost permanently, and as Portsmouth and countless other clubs have been? These FA rules aren't worth the paper they're written on, not if you're a present or former PL club.

Matt.