Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

don't normally read these thread but wanted to post about the totally shambolic decision of NBC (who are covering the Olympics here) *not* to show the Olympic opening ceremony live. Anywhere. not even online, where they were so insistent that they'd cover everything.

bloody yanks.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've got it on mate and you aren't missing anything. The usual singing dancing and fannying about at a cost of millions, once you've seen one.......................

I've switched over to BBC 2 now as there is a programme of REAL quality on: SNOWDONIA - A YEAR IN THE WILD.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's actually a quality opening so far and equally as good as the Chinese effort everyone raved about,
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Oh and Chris why dont you view this from behind a proxy??

http://www.tvcatchup.com/channels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote:Oh and Chris why dont you view this from behind a proxy??

http://www.tvcatchup.com/channels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
because I'm still at work at it took me way too much finagling to get the network admin to unblock the NBC Olympics website. can't really push my luck any more..
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

At the moment there's an hilarious clip of James Bond (Daniel Craig) and the Queen parachuting into the stadium after jumping out of a helicopter.
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've just seen a young lad wearing some sort of wooly sock hat thingy which looks like a fabric condom actually. I can understand it's the fashion BUT IT'S 20 ODD DEGREES CELSIUS OUT THERE!!!! WHY WEAR A FRIGGIN' WOOLY HAT!!?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:Only women have trouble with flat pack stuff, point proved :)
That made me laugh out loud! :clap: :clap: :clap:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:I've just seen a young lad wearing some sort of wooly sock hat thingy which looks like a fabric condom actually. I can understand it's the fashion BUT IT'S 20 ODD DEGREES CELSIUS OUT THERE!!!! WHY WEAR A FRIGGIN' WOOLY HAT!!?
Yea got to agree, they look like c0cks wearing them silly caps, 3/4 length girly kecks with the crotch near the knees and poxy pumps (which they pay about £50ish for ffs) that we were forced to wear if we forgot our PE kit. Or bloody flip flops. They look right knob ends :rofl:

No style you see Andy, unlike us with our platform shoes, 20" flares, shirts with Harry Hill collars and star jumpers......OH SHE-ITE! :Oops:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Yea got to agree, they look like c0cks wearing them silly caps, 3/4 length girly kecks with the crotch near the knees and poxy pumps (which they pay about £50ish for ffs) that we were forced to wear if we forgot our PE kit. Or bloody flip flops. They look right knob ends :rofl:

No style you see Andy, unlike us with our platform shoes, 20" flares, shirts with Harry Hill collars and star jumpers......OH SHE-ITE! :Oops:
Speak for yourself Emet! I'm more the 90,s shoegazing indie kid with Adidas Samba / Gazelle, a Stone Roses t=shirt and baggy jeans. I'm basically an obese version of Ian Brown.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Caravan drivers...sure this has been covered before, but just take a look at some extreme caravan driving from an old fella in Austrailia...absolute quality

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19248363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

People who complain about their party in the coalition with such poor statements like "Ughh, why is my party not doing some of the original things in their manifesto and are compromising the terms of some of their other proposals?" Maybe because that's how a coalition works! Parties have to compromise in order to try and get some of their political ideals across!!

Also, I don't really understand why some people will always religiously vote for one party, no matter what they are proposing or who their leader is. The people who say "I've always voted labour and I always will". Well... why? Their manifesto and leadership will change over a number of years and you're not even giving another party a chance, a party who might better represent your beliefs better.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Conservative :red:

Labour :red:

Lib Dimwits :red:

British National Party :devil:

Ku Klux Klan :devil:

UK Independence Party :engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020