New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:i bet you thought you'd heard the last of this from me, didnt ya. haaa, ha,ha, haaaaa. not a chance! :devil:

well, i saw it being worn in action for the first time today.

as a shirt - up close, i say again, i was a little bit wrong originally, it looks quite smart and is the best of the 3 versions of it we have had.

however, like i said before, on the pitch the stripes look a pale lemon type of colour, from a distance it ends up looking almost a weird magnolia/cream and you can only just pick out the stripes.

its the rest of it that irritates me the most though, they could not have made a worse choice on shorts to go with it. :no: if they had been blue then it would have been a billion times better. quite smart even.

to be fair if another team were wearing that shirt i would probably say, "yeah, that looks alright".

my gripe is really the colour scheme, i dont want us wearing white at all as our home colours, no little random white bits, no white stripes, no white shorts and socks. i would just have yellow and blue, thats my personal choice, probably because that was our traditional colours that i grew up watching us in and we are recognised as yellow and blue. if we must have any white then - yellow shirt, blue shorts, white socks.

shirts look ok as white with a little bit of yellow trim, like various away kits of ours have had, but to try and match the amount of yellow and white on the shirt doesnt quite work. :no:

anyway i doubt anyone gives a toss, but there you go. i will just have to put up with it for the next 20 months or so, but for gods sake please can we change the shorts to blue at least. :'(
True.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Chunk, the shirt is fine. One of the best in recent years and it looks great on the telly! :clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

yeah, i agree it is quite smart and better than a lot of recent ones, i have reneged on some of my earlier posts on the subject. up close it looks good, it is the best yellow and white stripes we have had.

its the distance, especially on tv that makes it look pale and you almost lose the stripes. the shirt looks cream.

check it out -

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8 ... hartlepool

anyway, its the whole yellow and blue identity thing that i am really bothered about. the worst possible, most unthinkable kit combo to go with the shirt and some bugger at the club picked it. i would never have thought we would have such a predominately white kit. it needs blue shorts at least, the pictures from the away games where we wore blue shorts made the kit look a billion times better.

the shorts at least have to go, it looks $h1t. i can just about put up with the kit then, until its time to change it, hopefully back to yellow and blue.

this one - (dont think so) :no:
5194165-mobile.jpg
5194165-mobile.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 981 times
5194200-mobile.jpg
5194200-mobile.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 981 times
or this one - (well, duh) :nod: :)
5143824-mobile.jpg
5143824-mobile.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 981 times
5147961-mobile.jpg
5147961-mobile.jpg (29.23 KiB) Viewed 981 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

the players could wear a pink and orange shirt designed by Stella McCartney featuring feather boas and the ears of deceased children for all I care - as long as they win some games, it doesn't matter.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

definately agree, looks a mile better with the blue shorts
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The shirt, blue shorts and yellow socks would be perfect.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

l kept telling you all that bloody shirt would be bad luck. :no:

its jinxed i tells ya. :'(
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

chunkygull wrote:l kept telling you all that bloody shirt would be bad luck. :no:

its jinxed i tells ya. :'(

Out of the previous four years we have worn yellow and white stripes, three of those years have been relegation battles whilst the spare was a season with Wes Saunders as manager.

Gorgeous looking kit but it does seem to bring us bad luck.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

hector wrote:
Out of the previous four years we have worn yellow and white stripes, three of those years have been relegation battles whilst the spare was a season with Wes Saunders as manager.

Gorgeous looking kit but it does seem to bring us bad luck.
We wore yellow and white stripes against Blackpool at Wembley so its not all bad.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sunnysideup wrote:
We wore yellow and white stripes against Blackpool at Wembley so its not all bad.
You are indeed correct but that season we wore the ribero all yellow but he stripes for the play-offs.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

iv'e said it before and i'll say it again, it's that god-damn shirt, its bad luck, its jinxed i tells ya! :-/

sorry guys, just couldnt resist it. :whistle:
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Still don't like the kit eh Chunks :clap:

I said on the Matchday thread that we may as we'll remove the yellow stripes and play in white as we're surrendering our league status with nothing more than a whimper :@
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

On the subject of shirts. I've just looked online at the club shop because I want to get a home shirt for my 5 year old but the childs sizes only go to 3-4 years and then the youth sizes kick in with the smallest being YS (youth small). Does anyone know if these are an appropriate size or is there just no shirt size at all for sort of 4 - 8 year olds?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I said it right from the beginning and I still say it now, we shouldnt have picked that god-damn shirt, its bad luck, its jinxed i tells ya! :no:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Yellow and White striped shirts = Disastrous season
Chuck in white shorts and you have the ultimate in relegation kits........
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.